• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warren says she will soon release plan to fund 'Medicare for All'

Warren will have to thread an awfully small needle for this. She'll have to...

a)overcome the ridiculous narrative that paying an additional, say, $8000 in taxes is somehow worse than paying $16,000 in premiums, deductibles and copays, and simultaneously...
b)avoid giving Republicans the soundbite that she will raise your taxes, which is of course what all the fuss is really about.

Agree with you, unfortunately for her, she will have to overcome this feat in the primary before she ever speaks with a Republican.

You make stuff up about Warren and ignore the very real failures of Trump.
Other way around. Trump's success are quantifiable, Warren is still dodging questions on how she's going to finance all her other "plans".

I'm also critical Obama and the ACA. Pass a law requiring insurance companies to cover a lot of new things, but don't include any control of what insurance companies charge. What do you think will happen?

Two points about the rest of your post.

One, you're assuming that costs will stay exactly as they are. But the fact is that every UHC plan in the world has cost controls built into it. Any UHC system without cost controls (like the ACA) is going to fail.

Second, I come back to the point that what we're talking about is not some crazy dream. Every developed country in the world has done it. Some of them are government-based true "single payer" systems, like the UK and Canada. Most of them (and the best in my experience) are based on either private insurance (with regulation) or one some kind of public insurance that is purchased by individuals. All these countries face the same challenges of increasingly expensive technology, but they manage to do it, with statistically better outcomes than the US. Why is it only impossible in America? I really don't think it is.
Most new medical technology is developed in the US. So Americans brunt the load of the majority of expense of new technologies .Also drug companies recover their cost fro RD of new drugs from their American market. Hence big Pharma can sell their drugs to other countries from much less than they cost in the US.

Other way around. Trump's success are quantifiable, Warren is still dodging questions on how she's going to finance all her other "plans".

So quantify it. How much national debt has Trump paid off so far? He said he'd eliminate all of it in eight years. How much to date?

Well lets see. Americans spent 3.6 trillion dollars on health care in 2018. In 2017 it was about 3.3 trillion dollars and this year it will be a little more than 2018.

Medicare for All is expected to cost about 3 trillion a year. No different cost wise than we are paying now but a whole lot better system than we have now.

I really don't see why working class Americans are so against it. I guess that republican propaganda is very effective.

Because many working class Americans pay little or no healthcare costs. I don't need to see any Republican propaganda to know that moving to M4A is going to drastically increase MY costs and I simply cant afford another 6-7k taken out of my check. While it may be true that collectively costs will come down, my concern is with how much it will cost me.

Back
Top Bottom