• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warren has lost a lot of credibility.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
There was a time when it wasn't even clear Sen. Elizabeth Warren would endorse Hillary Clinton. That time has passed.

"I'm here today, because I'm with her, yes her," Warren said, alluding to a popular slogan of support for Clinton, to roaring applause from a capacity crowd at the Union Terminal.

Warren is a hero of the progressive wing of the Democratic Party, someone who has battled with bank executives and campaigned to reduce student debt. Before Bernie Sanders became a progressive cause, activists on the left had hoped Warren would be the one onstage as the Democratic nominee. They set up "Ready for Warren" and tried to draft her into the presidential primary, but she said no. That energy was transferred to the Sanders campaign, but Clinton hopes with Warren on her side, Sanders holdouts will begin to trickle over to her.

Warren, though, has also been an outspoken critic of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, an Obama administration agreement Clinton was slow to take a position on during the campaign after calling it the "gold standard" as secretary of state. She ultimately opposed it, as she was being pushed in the primary against Sanders.

Elizabeth Warren Gives Hillary Clinton Her Full Endorsement While Attacking Donald Trump : NPR

I feel sorry for Warren, She has been a credible and honest liberal dedicated to fighting the greed of wall street and the big banks, how she could sell her soul to the Devil is disturbing. It's hard to think of a politician more in the pockets of wall street and the big banks than Hillary. Its too bad the Democrats didn't nominate Warren, I may not be a liberal but I do agree with the idea that wealth disparity is a major issue that needs to be addressed and Warren has been a champion in that regard, at least she hasn't been a fraud ... at least till now.

The Clintons' $93 Million Romance With Wall Street | Alternet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom