• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warren Escalates Trump Attacks

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Massachusetts senator on Tuesday night dedicated a speech to rallying opposition against Trump — calling him a "small, insecure moneygrubber" who she said is "kissing the fannies of poor, misunderstood Wall Street bankers."

The assaults on Trump are becoming Warren's signature contribution to the Democratic Party's attempt to retake the White House. The speech was the second time Tuesday that she stepped into the national political fray, a sign that she's becoming increasingly vocal in the presidential race, positioning herself as a power player for the progressive left. Warren is expected to play a big role in uniting the party after the presidential primary.

I really love Warren for handling these types of attacks. For starters, it allows a Presidential candidate like Sanders or Clinton to remain Presidential, which is something that Donald Trump only believes he can do because he is an egomaniacal asshole that claims an ability to do anything and everything better than anyone who has ever lived. Additionally, she is largely a target that has so far escaped any significant negative branding. Donald Trump has responded to Warren's attacks by calling her "goofy" and by trying to re-hash a 2012 controversy related to her alleged native American history. I don't see either having the same type of punch as the ones that Warren continues to lob against Donald, like these gems:

Warren suggested Trump is not releasing his tax returns because he is a "lousy businessman who doesn't want you to find out that he's worth a lot less money than he claims." She cited Trump's 2007 comment that he was "excited" about the prospect of making money during the real estate market crash.

"What kind of a man does that?" she said. "I’ll tell you exactly what kind — a man who cares about no one but himself. A small, insecure moneygrubber who doesn’t care who gets hurt, so long as he makes some money off it. What kind of man does that? A man who will never be president of the United States."

Elizabeth Warren escalates attack on 'small, insecure' Trump - POLITICO

Is it possible that Warren's combination of providing unity within the democratic party and her ability to act as an attack dog during the campaign could lead us to have an all-female democratic ticket?

She is certainly making that argument hard to ignore.

the people who find Lieyawatha relevant and credible are not going to vote for Trump. the people who worship Hilary are the same people who slurp up the BS Fauxchontas spews. I suspect another elitist strident bitch whining about Trump really doesn't do much in this election. it might drive a few men sitting on the fence towards Trump

Sounds like she's going on the warpath.

the people who find Lieyawatha relevant and credible are not going to vote for Trump. the people who worship Hilary are the same people who slurp up the BS Fauxchontas spews. I suspect another elitist strident bitch whining about Trump really doesn't do much in this election. it might drive a few men sitting on the fence towards Trump
If "Lieyawatha" is the hardest punch anyone can throw at Elizabeth, it isn't much. Her credibility is head and shoulders above Trump's non-stop lying, flip-flopping, juvenile antics. He's the least qualified person to ever run for president.

If "Lieyawatha" is the hardest punch anyone can throw at Elizabeth, it isn't much. Her credibility is head and shoulders above Trump's non-stop lying, flip-flopping, juvenile antics. He's the least qualified person to ever run for president.

if you buy into her brand of liberal elitism, her faux anti corporate crony capitalist views then I suppose this is true. I think she's a dishonest POS who is as bad as Hilary and she's one of the worst turds to hold office in the USA

I suspect you will disagree. Hilary has almost no qualifications to be president and for the lioness of feminism to have achieved ALL of her "credentials" based on her husband's position is one of the great ironies in modern American politics

Maybe her and Hilary can pow wow and talk about going after his scalp.

Gina,

Obama was much less qualified. A successful business tycoon vs a community organizer who was elected because of his race. Democrats have no position to speak on qualifications.

if you buy into her brand of liberal elitism, her faux anti corporate crony capitalist views then I suppose this is true. I think she's a dishonest POS who is as bad as Hilary and she's one of the worst turds to hold office in the USA

I suspect you will disagree. Hilary has almost no qualifications to be president and for the lioness of feminism to have achieved ALL of her "credentials" based on her husband's position is one of the great ironies in modern American politics

Pocohontas Warren is just another G--damned commie liar. That makes her a heroine to the millions of ignorant pseudo-liberal dim bulbs who are now taking up space in this once-great country.

The Trump supporter you quoted, along with the Trump supporters who are quoting you, are terrified that Sen. Warren will bridge the Clinton/Sanders gap .

"Elizabeth?" Are you and Pocohontas Warren now on a first-name basis?

Gina,

Obama was much less qualified. A successful business tycoon vs a community organizer who was elected because of his race. Democrats have no position to speak on qualifications.

Damn Bucky, that's a good point And Hilary has almost no self earned credentials at all. I wonder if the people who stated W got the job only because his father (which has a great deal of truth about it even though W was a very good governor and GHWB's name sure didn't help Jeb at all) are going to note that Hilary got everything she lists as a credential due to her husband

Hilary wanted to be a power attorney in DC but she flunked the Bar exam. not surprising given she was at Yale in an era where they were bending over backwards to get women in: her credentials were a pale shadow of what bill had-a summa degree from G'town and a Rhodes scholarship, she didn't even graduate cum laude from her college: she only got departmental honors in her major which is a lower award than Cum Laude, Magna cum Laude or Summa Cum Laude. This woman is not stupid but she's hardly brilliant

but she flunked the bar exam and with that failure down went those DC job possibilities and what was left was following Bill to Little Rock

I'm no Hillary Clinton supporter- political conditions can't possibly exist that would make me vote for her but in terms of qualifications President of the United States is not an entry-level position.

I'm no Hillary Clinton supporter- political conditions can't possibly exist that would make me vote for her but in terms of qualifications President of the United States is not an entry-level position.

we said that about Obama and no one listened. Trump has more executive experience than Obama, Hilary and goofy bernie combined

Although she will not be VP (in my opinion she will not be VP) she has a very bright political future in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party. She has done much good and will continue to do so. I look forward to her to continue to stick up for the middle and working class Americans and hold corporate profits responsible. :applaud

we said that about Obama and no one listened. Trump has more executive experience than Obama, Hilary and goofy bernie combined

Government. We're talking about government, not business. Obama was a senator and a pretty intelligent one and he couldn't make the politics of government work for him. How in hell is Trump going to work Congress? Those Republican congressmen aren't going to give him the adulation that he's feeding on from his supporters. He's going to be as opposed as Obama was without Obama's experience in government and we all know how Trump handles opposition.

Although she will not be VP (in my opinion she will not be VP) she has a very bright political future in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party. She has done much good and will continue to do so. I look forward to her to continue to stick up for the middle and working class Americans and hold corporate profits responsible. :applaud

LOL, she's another power hungry elitist who plays people like you as pawns. she is one of the most disgusting POS I have ever seen in American politics.

Government. We're talking about government, not business. Obama was a senator and a pretty intelligent one and he couldn't make the politics of government work for him. How in hell is Trump going to work Congress? Those Republican congressmen aren't going to give him the adulation that he's feeding on from his supporters. He's going to be as opposed as Obama was without Obama's experience in government and we all know how Trump handles opposition.

Hilary wants to appoint gun banning justices. she wants to attack most of the things I support. SO tell me why I should vote for that asshole? I said months ago Turmp wasn't even in my top 5 of GOP contenders but I would vote for a dead possum on the side of the highway over that bitch Because the only thing worse than an INCOMPETENT Democrat is one who is effective in screwing us over with their anti gun anti productive anti military and anti business nonsense. which is why I found FDR to be FAR worse than an incompetent clown like Carter or Obama.

You are correct. I disagree.

Gina,

Really? That's it? His race?

Successful? Four bankruptcies doesn't speak well of his success. A lawsuit over his flimflam operation he calls "Trump University". There's a sucker born every minute, says Barnum. Trump is reeling them in.

Is it possible that Warren's combination of providing unity within the democratic party and her ability to act as an attack dog during the campaign could lead us to have an all-female democratic ticket?

Ironically, Warren's "uniting" the party would have actually worked a lot better if Warren had just agreed to endorse Bernie months ago like we know she wanted to. Her getting involved in the fray now is nice, but doesn't really address that even though many Bernie supporters previously campaigned heavily for Warren (I know I signed petitions to push her to run), her absence at Bernie events was noted. Her lack of support for Bernie was noted. And I think it's justifiably making some people concerned that she may have positioned herself to become part of the establishment, and we've watched many progressive heroes fall prey to that (Sherrod Brown and SOPA/PIPA, anyone?). So again, that issue may ironically end up hurting Hillary that she appears to have threatened a scorched-earth policy on any Senator or Governor endorsing Sanders, because she is now obviously going to need a VP that is much farther left-wing than she is and people need to believe they can trust that person.

That being said, it sure as hell won't hurt to have Warren with her as VP. Trump is taking basically all of the white men with him, bar nothing. Sherrod Brown isn't a household name, but Warren has started to become that. So we'll see, it's not enough to choose Warren as VP, there needs to be real policy changes, too. And we're getting conflicting information on this right now; Hillary is still openly pivoting to the Right, but the DNC just gave just under half of the seats for the DNC platform committee (Notably including Cornel West). I'm wondering if there really is starting to become two factions of the DNC.

I think that right now the Progressive Left and Hillary are playing a game of chicken, and they're waiting to see which one is going to cede ground before they start getting worried about Trump. The thing is, the Progressive Left isn't going to concede everything to the DNC and let them run rough shot over them. At this point, they're fully prepared to flip the "You have to vote for Hillary, because if you don't, Trump will win" by letting them know, "Yeah, we hate Trump. But if we choke it down now, we'll choke it down forever, so we'll let him win." And right now, the DNC doens't seem to know how to process this.

Party unity really, crucially depends on how the DNC responds to this.

LOL, she's another power hungry elitist who plays people like you as pawns. she is one of the most disgusting POS I have ever seen in American politics.

I imagine she would take that as a compliment coming from you.

Successful? Four bankruptcies doesn't speak well of his success. A lawsuit over his flimflam operation he calls "Trump University". There's a sucker born every minute, says Barnum. Trump is reeling them in.

Gina,

I see you attack the credentials of the Donald, but what about Obama?

Gina,

I see you attack the credentials of the Donald, but what about Obama?

He was editor of the Harvard Law review. A constitutional law professor. A state senator and a U.S. Senator. He sponsored and introduced or sponsored legislation signed into law.

Trump has zero experience or accomplishment within government service.

I really love Warren for handling these types of attacks. For starters, it allows a Presidential candidate like Sanders or Clinton to remain Presidential, which is something that Donald Trump only believes he can do because he is an egomaniacal asshole that claims an ability to do anything and everything better than anyone who has ever lived. Additionally, she is largely a target that has so far escaped any significant negative branding. Donald Trump has responded to Warren's attacks by calling her "goofy" and by trying to re-hash a 2012 controversy related to her alleged native American history. I don't see either having the same type of punch as the ones that Warren continues to lob against Donald, like these gems:

Elizabeth Warren escalates attack on 'small, insecure' Trump - POLITICO

Does anybody give a **** what Warren says about anybody?

Did you also complain about the host of legal cases the Clinton's were facing when he was running for President?

Back
Top Bottom