• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over[W:67]

Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

Lol. Just a warning, I'm about to smack you down for using the WHO as a credible resource.

The WHO only looks at 5 things in its study. Those are.
Health (50%) : disability-adjusted life expectancy Overall or average : 25%
Distribution or equality : 25%

Responsiveness (25%) : speed of service, protection of privacy, and quality of amenities Overall or average : 12.5%
Distribution or equality : 12.5%

Fair financial contribution : 25%

Lets look at these one at a time.
Life expectancy: We have more gun fatalities and automobile accidents. In fact, the number of drunk driving deaths in the US. This has exactly what to do with doctors, and nurses? There goes 50% of the metric right out the window, and I didn't even need to bring up our world leading level of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, or hypercholesteremia.

Responsiveness: I agree the US should improve in these areas. A lot of this has to do with our broken emergency room system, where anyone with a runny nose without health insurance can walk in and take up time and resources away from actual medical emergencies.

Fair Financial contribution: Um what? I didn't realize our healthcare system was an equality contest. What does fair in this case even mean? My definition of fair is everyone pays proportional to what they consume in healthcare irregardless of income. In which case I'd say we rank #2 in my fairness rankings, right behind Singapore.
Point is, who ever is doing the study is going to set what their definition of "fair" is, and their definition is going to determine the rankings. Its a useless metric.

So anyways, I hope I've shown you that at least 75% of the WHO is completely useless. You want a real comparison of healthcare? Here you go.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...48xnIaxD4Zz2MjSOiv2FotRQ&ust=1379898986253077

The Best Medical Schools In The World - Academic Ranking of World Universities Ranking

I expected someone would bring up WHO and then bash their rankings.
You forgot to bring up cancer survival rates, but that's OK. One thing at a time.

Even if you believe that US health care is as good as it is in France, why should be pay more than twice as much as they do? You can bring up obesity and such, but is the average American really twice as unhealthy as the average Frenchman? If that's so, then the country really is swirling down the porcelain disposal machine. Remember, smoking is a big factor in health, and our rates have gone down dramatically since the days of the Malboro man. I'd be willing to bet that there are more smokers in France than in the USA.

Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

I expected someone would bring up WHO and then bash their rankings.
You forgot to bring up cancer survival rates, but that's OK. One thing at a time.

Even if you believe that US health care is as good as it is in France, why should be pay more than twice as much as they do? You can bring up obesity and such, but is the average American really twice as unhealthy as the average Frenchman? If that's so, then the country really is swirling down the porcelain disposal machine. Remember, smoking is a big factor in health, and our rates have gone down dramatically since the days of the Malboro man. I'd be willing to bet that there are more smokers in France than in the USA.

It is swirling down the porcelain disposal machine. Why is this always news to everyone when I bring it up?

And actually, you guessed wrong. We have almost a 25% higher cigarette consumption then France per capita. List of countries by cigarette consumption per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom