• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warning Signs Were Everywhere With Orlando Shooter...

The See/Hear Something, Say Something ...................is obviously not working, as so many failures to send up red flags, could have prevented this.

Blaming guns is ignorant....blaming all the people that did not sound the alarm loud and often ....is relevant!

The See/Hear Something, Say Something ...................is obviously not working, as so many failures to send up red flags, could have prevented this.

Blaming guns is ignorant....blaming all the people that did not sound the alarm loud and often ....is relevant!
Sound the alarm? FFS man, you would be labeled a bigot, hater, and a phobe if you did any such thing.

Gosh, it's almost like the FBI was protecting him somehow. Could it be that he was an asset of some sort, like his father is an asset of the CIA?

Sound the alarm? FFS man, you would be labeled a bigot, hater, and a phobe if you did any such thing.

And PC.....is are Biggest problem in America!

Gosh, it's almost like the FBI was protecting him somehow. Could it be that he was an asset of some sort, like his father is an asset of the CIA?

It's possible that the government is controlling some of these nutjobs as a slick way to achieve gun control.

We all know of mind experiments conducted by the Nazis and by our own military......why not a subversive way to attack gun ownership. If they have done that, it's working....just look at how the Left is going bonkers over this and is in total Misdirection mode.

FBI must have needed reasons to let the CIA declare new wars against muslims

I wonder if the FBI tells the CIA what to do, or vice versa? I suspect the latter, and compartmentalization within the government could make it so that neither knows what the other is doing.

Global Research published an article last week claiming that the father had been a CIA asset in Afghanistan, within whatever political framework exists in that country. It included a picture of him at the White House. It seemed authentic, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Global Research published an article last week claiming that the father had been a CIA asset in Afghanistan, within whatever political framework exists in that country. It included a picture of him at the White House. It seemed authentic, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

yes, much stranger things have happened and when we allow our thoughts to wander in that direction the logic part shuts us down

interesting

well so far from your posting we don't agree on much but I am right there with you on that government trust issue :thumbs:

We all have a common goal somewhere...

yes, much stranger things have happened and when we allow our thoughts to wander in that direction the logic part shuts us down

interesting

Often the logic part is induced to shut down. Inflamed emotions most often make the logic part shut down. Appeal to and manipulate emotions, and logic will shut down. The more emotional any given story, the less likely it is that logic will be used.

Threaten people at BBQ over presence of Pork...

Often citing Islamic terrorists, Omar Mateen worried peers, employers and the FBI, but wasn’t stopped

A Life of Violent Threats Paved Way for Orlando Attack - WSJ

Are we ready to abandon free speech in the name of safety?

I'll answer that on my own behalf. From everything I've read, there was good reason to put this guy on the TWL. From there, he should not have been able to own or purchase firearms. Call it mental illness, treason, inciting behaviors, whatever. If we are not prepared to change some things, we are never going to stop this kind of behavior.

And maybe that's okay...? We have to decide.

Are we ready to abandon free speech in the name of safety?

I'll answer that on my own behalf. From everything I've read, there was good reason to put this guy on the TWL. From there, he should not have been able to own or purchase firearms. Call it mental illness, treason, inciting behaviors, whatever. If we are not prepared to change some things, we are never going to stop this kind of behavior.

And maybe that's okay...? We have to decide.

It won't happen under obama....he is hell bent on ruining the USA!

Threaten people at BBQ over presence of Pork...

Often citing Islamic terrorists, Omar Mateen worried peers, employers and the FBI, but wasn’t stopped

A Life of Violent Threats Paved Way for Orlando Attack - WSJ

Oh my , and be labeled a racist , and a profiler , what would those liberals think . Just follow The actions of the WH , turn your head , choose your words carefully and never , never say radical Islamic terrorist ! :roll:

Often the logic part is induced to shut down. Inflamed emotions most often make the logic part shut down. Appeal to and manipulate emotions, and logic will shut down. The more emotional any given story, the less likely it is that logic will be used.

yes

the problem being, logic isn't always correct as it discounts the nuance of human behaviour

that is not a smart thing to disregard

yes

the problem being, logic isn't always correct as it discounts the nuance of human behaviour

that is not a smart thing to disregard

True logic considers the many nuances of human behavior, it does not discount it. Pseudo-logic and hubris might discount it, but not thorough and pragmatic logic.

Back
Top Bottom