• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Warning Signs Flash For Linsey Graham in South Carolina

Ask me if care about, what you think you would be doing, or what someone else you think you know has done, which is entirely irrelevant to the topic under discussion.
Go ahead. Ask me.
No. I decide not to ask you. But go ahead and ask me if I care what you care about.

OK, your turn.
So no valid response? Figures.

I have never heard of an age tax .Is that a real thing in South Carolina?

No, it's a reference to Graham's proposal to make health care less affordable, particularly for older buyers, as part of the Graham-Cassidy legislation he floated a year or two ago.

CBO Analysis of Graham-Cassidy: Bad news for Older Americans
The Graham-Cassidy measure, authored by Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, would gut the consumer protections of the ACA and give states free reign over how to reshape health care coverage for millions and millions of Americans.

The legislation would impose an “age tax” on older Americans by eliminating two sources of financial assistance that help make health coverage affordable and accessible.

First, Graham-Cassidy would take away the premium tax credits that help seniors pay for health coverage. About 6 million 50- to 64-year-olds buy their health coverage in the individual market, and about half of those individuals receive tax credits to help pay their premiums, according to an analysis by the AARP Public Policy Institute.

Second, the measure would eliminate vital cost-sharing payments that help low-income Americans — especially those over 50 — afford deductibles and copayments for medical services. About 58 percent of adults enrolled in ACA marketplace plans get cost-sharing assistance, and 35 percent of those individuals are between 50 and 64 years old.

Graham-Cassidy would also allow states to get federal waivers for insurers to charge older Americans more so as to lower the cost for younger policyholders. The ACA limits the expense for older policyholders at three times the amount younger ones pay.

According to the AARP analysis, for a 60-year-old earning $25,000 a year, premiums and out-of-pocket costs could increase by as much as $16,174 a year. If that 60-year-old lives in a state that allows insurers to charge older individuals dramatically higher premiums, he or she would face an additional $4,124 increase in premiums.

1. I do not know. Or did you see me accusing someone of that?
2. Regardless. That has not a damn thing to do with anything I said.

Yes, that is what you bleated the first time.

No, not necessarily, it could be, but not in this case.
(Not that you would understand that.)
It was a dismissal of those not critically thinking and just bleating out of emotion.

iLOL Then show some critical thinking instead of bleating.

You must be on duty today.

Anyone else see Graham begging for Hannity’s help with fundraising?

reading his before and after Tweety quotes is mildly amusing. he flip flopped in a way that would probably make Romney jealous.

NO we wont. Your ilk plan on using lawyers to tie up this election, create a constitutional crisis and try to win the election on mail in ballot fraud. This election is going to make the hanging chads look like a smooth process. Its all good. Democrat and ISIS will be sysnonyms in America after this is all over and done with.
Another republican who is telling the dems what they are going to do. I never realized how many republicans can see into the future. Trump already has you believing the election is rigged, good boy.

NO we wont. Your ilk plan on using lawyers to tie up this election, create a constitutional crisis and try to win the election on mail in ballot fraud. This election is going to make the hanging chads look like a smooth process. Its all good. Democrat and ISIS will be sysnonyms in America after this is all over and done with.

No matter how you slice it it's still baloney.

The whole thingy is falling apart on all fronts.

The desperate hysteria is palatable.

Me too,. but I am not holding my breath. The possibility anyone could even catch up with Lindsey Graham was unthinkable 6 months ago.

Why is your location Colorado if you can vote in South Carolina?
I own a lot of property in Colorado...that picture in my profile is that property. I live in little ole South Carolina and have for about 18 months. When I joined, I was in Colorado...but my family is all here and my son needed me.

Much as I would like to see Lindsey ousted, I'm not all that optimistic. 538 gives him an 82% chance of re-election.😔
some of that is because he was leading up until now, significantly in the polls...and also he has been in office for over 2 decades...South Carolinians are creatures of habit...look how long Strom stayed in office.

Democrats are feeling increasingly optimistic about their chances of unseating Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) in South Carolina, bolstered by a recent slate of favorable polling and a massive cash windfall building behind Democrat Jaime Harrison’s Senate campaign.

A Quinnipiac University poll of the state released this week — the second in a little more than a month — showed Graham and Harrison running neck and neck at 48 percent each.

In the two days since then, Harrison has pulled in a staggering $2 million, adding to an already massive $10.6 million haul in August alone. And in a sign that national Democrats are eyeing the race with greater enthusiasm, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee announced a new seven-figure cash injection in the state.

“There’s a lot of momentum on the ground here and it’s so great and it’s so encouraging,” Harrison said in an interview on Friday. “When I first got into this race and people told me that I couldn’t do this, my whole statement to them is ‘Watch me,’ and that’s exactly what we’re doing.”

The combined weight of the recent polling and Harrison’s staggering fundraising totals has fueled optimism among Democrats, who see in South Carolina a chance to widen their path to a Senate majority in November.

“It says to me that the battlefield is expanded, and it also says that no one can afford to ignore this race,” Antjuan Seawright, a South Carolina-based Democratic strategist, said.

“When Jaime entered this race, I think there was a serious case of infrastructure building and building a case, and now I think all of that is finalized, and we’re finally at the place where we have something,” he added.

Well, well, well....Lindsey thought once again in his red state that he would easily win...apparently some of us are fed up. He needs his arrogant tail knocked down a few notches...no one hired him to be a Trump shill.
Couldn't happen to a nicer POS. Hope he loses and we get to watch him cry like the little girl he is.

Another republican who is telling the dems what they are going to do. I never realized how many republicans can see into the future. Trump already has you believing the election is rigged, good boy.
Oh so you don't support mail in ballots?

Couldn't happen to a nicer POS. Hope he loses and we get to watch him cry like the little girl he is.
He was whining on Hannity about money. He begged 'help me' 'Im getting killed financially' and ' This money is because they hate my guts.'

Yes, we hate your guts...people on the right and left both hate your guts equally...even the ones that are voting for you say they aren't voting for you because of you, but because you are a Republican...good lord, time for you to step down and retire and let a Republican with some scruples to take your place.

Would you care to show me where I said any such thing. Of course not.
oh so you do support unsolicited mail in ballots which make it easy to rig out elections. Remember when you guys pretended to be upset over Russia interfering in our elections? Yeah...me too.

oh so you do support unsolicited mail in ballots which make it easy to rig out elections. Remember when you guys pretended to be upset over Russia interfering in our elections? Yeah...me too.
How does it make it easy to rig elections with mail in ballots. I'm sorry the folks who support trump believe his every lie. Life must be horrible for his supporters. So many things he and they don't like about america, like people voting.

How does it make it easy to rig elections with mail in ballots. I'm sorry the folks who support trump believe his every lie. Life must be horrible for his supporters. So many things he and they don't like about america, like people voting.
I like registered voters voting not their cats. If you don't understand how mailing millions of unsolicited ballots to people makes it easy to rug an election then please do not quote me anymore. Facebook level politics is easily accessible.

I like registered voters voting not their cats. If you don't understand how mailing millions of unsolicited ballots to people makes it easy to rug an election then please do not quote me anymore. Facebook level politics is easily accessible.
When you can show proof of what you're saying as in millions of votes being changed or altered or falsified, I'll listen to your conspiracy theory. Until you can provide some proof and not just lip service, try facebook.

When you can show proof of what you're saying as in millions of votes being changed or altered or falsified, I'll listen to your conspiracy theory. Until you can provide some proof and not just lip service, try facebook.
as I said...facebook is that way. Anyone attempting an argument that mail ins wont be abused is ridiculous and demonstrates either TDS or complete stupudity. It reminds of when lefties report the protests are peaceful as the cars and buildings are on fire in the background.

Last edited:
as I said...facebook is that way. Attempting an argument that mail ins wont be abused is ridiculous and demonstrates either TDS or complete stupudity. It reminds of when lefties report the protests are peaceful as the cars and buildings are on fire in the background.
In other words you have no proof. Ridiculous is folks like you supporting a lying con man who keeps telling you before the election it's rigged if he loses but fine if he wins.

In other words you have no proof. Ridiculous is folks like you supporting a lying con man who keeps telling you before the election it's rigged if he loses but fine if he wins.
You mean like lefties did in 2016? And then for 3 years we had to endure the dumbest people in our society whining about the popular vote. lol. Is there a reason lefties cant get their asses to a polling place?

You mean like lefties did in 2016? And then for 3 years we had to endure the dumbest people in our society whining about the popular vote. lol. Is there a reason lefties cant get their asses to a polling place?
I see we've moved on to a different subject. The dumbest people in our society are the trump supporters. Those you call whiners are trying to sound the alarm to save your arse. Why do you care how people vote? I didn't see the R's screaming about mail in ballots last presidential election. It was only after trump starting attacking mail in that the base started complaining. Lemmings following the leader. Polly want a cracker?

I see we've moved on to a different subject. The dumbest people in our society are the trump supporters. Those you call whiners are trying to sound the alarm to save your arse. Why do you care how people vote? I didn't see the R's screaming about mail in ballots last presidential election. It was only after trump starting attacking mail in that the base started complaining. Lemmings following the leader. Polly want a cracker?
I care about how people vote because your ilk will definitely try to win this with lawyers and not the voice of the people. Your ilk can definitely not be trusted. They are filthy traitors. Thats why Hillary told Biden not to concede. Thats why we see lefties fighting to remove the "confusing" privacy envelope. Lol...makes it real easy to find the Trump ballots eh? You never answered why lefties cant get their anti american asses down to a polling place. What is your reason? Please say covid

Back
Top Bottom