• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Warning Signs Flash For Linsey Graham in South Carolina

ClaraD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Democrats are feeling increasingly optimistic about their chances of unseating Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) in South Carolina, bolstered by a recent slate of favorable polling and a massive cash windfall building behind Democrat Jaime Harrison’s Senate campaign.

A Quinnipiac University poll of the state released this week — the second in a little more than a month — showed Graham and Harrison running neck and neck at 48 percent each.

In the two days since then, Harrison has pulled in a staggering $2 million, adding to an already massive $10.6 million haul in August alone. And in a sign that national Democrats are eyeing the race with greater enthusiasm, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee announced a new seven-figure cash injection in the state.

“There’s a lot of momentum on the ground here and it’s so great and it’s so encouraging,” Harrison said in an interview on Friday. “When I first got into this race and people told me that I couldn’t do this, my whole statement to them is ‘Watch me,’ and that’s exactly what we’re doing.”

The combined weight of the recent polling and Harrison’s staggering fundraising totals has fueled optimism among Democrats, who see in South Carolina a chance to widen their path to a Senate majority in November.

“It says to me that the battlefield is expanded, and it also says that no one can afford to ignore this race,” Antjuan Seawright, a South Carolina-based Democratic strategist, said.

“When Jaime entered this race, I think there was a serious case of infrastructure building and building a case, and now I think all of that is finalized, and we’re finally at the place where we have something,” he added.

Well, well, well....Lindsey thought once again in his red state that he would easily win...apparently some of us are fed up. He needs his arrogant tail knocked down a few notches...no one hired him to be a Trump shill.

Lindsey Graham can rot in hell, the lying bastard.
agreed, he is a hypocrite and a liar. He has also done ZERO for South Carolina. He certainly hasn't came to address the concerns of those that are still unemployed and still waiting on the LWA, from FEMA...they even flubbed that up...some of the people here waited 3 or 4 months to get their first unemployment check and ended up losing everything they had...he doesn't care.

Graham used to be one of those Republicans I could respect despite being on the other side of the fence.

Watching him become a Trump snycophant these past few years has been downright disgusting.
Bingo! Went from a sane voice of reason, to a hollow sycophant

The GDS being displayed is hilarious. 😄

You might want to look at those Republicans in South Carolina that are also pissed off at him...
Why? Do you think it will somehow change what I said about what is being displayed in this thread? iLOL I hope not.

Why? Do you think it will somehow change what I said about what is being displayed in this thread? iLOL I hope not.
It will point out the nonsense you just posted...You aren't in South Carolina, like I am....and you do not know the electorate here or what we are tired of.

It will point out the nonsense you just posted...You aren't in South Carolina, like I am....and you do not know the electorate here or what we are tired of.
You are the one engaged in nonsense.
GDS was on display - here.
My not being in SC, and you being in SC has not a damn thing to do with that.

actually it has a lot to do with it. I am on the ground here and listen to what people are saying...people are more pissed at him than you understand or realize and a lot of it has to do more with local issues than national. If I had the money, I would be taking on McMasters for the governorship. The majority are not approving of either McMaster or Graham right now...

actually it has a lot to do with it.
Wrong as usual.

I am on the ground here
Irrelevant to what I said.
And as you are not exposed to every single opinion in SC, your opinion continue to be irrelevant.

If I had the money, I would be taking on McMasters for the governorship.
Is that what you think you would be doing? iLOL
trump_bigLaugh.gif

Wrong as usual.

Irrelevant to what I said.
And as you are not exposed to every single opinion in SC, your opinion continue to be irrelevant.

Is that what you think you would be doing? iLOL
trump_bigLaugh.gif
um, yes indeed. I have a friend in Florida who took on a US congressional seat and won. It was an idea and she ran with it..and now she is in Congress. Her name is Debbie-Murcarsel-Powell. She is from Ecuador and we are friends. She became the first Ecuadoran born person to serve in our US congress and the first woman to represent the 26th district in Florida. So, I wouldn't so readily laugh.

um, yes indeed. I have a friend in Florida who took on a US congressional seat and won. It was an idea and she ran with it..and now she is in Congress. Her name is Debbie-Murcarsel-Powell. She is from Ecuador and we are friends. She became the first Ecuadoran born person to serve in our US congress and the first woman to represent the 26th district in Florida. So, I wouldn't so readily laugh.
iLOL I guess you didn't get the point.
Let me see if this will help.

Ask me if care about, what you think you would be doing, or what someone else you think you know has done, which is entirely irrelevant to the topic under discussion.
Go ahead. Ask me.

Just putting Derangement Syndrome in front of any Republicans' name is the cheapest and laziest argument you can mount, which requires zero thought from you, its just a term that be can bloated out like a sheep.

Meanwhile Republicans will forget that they used to freak out when Obama wore a tan suit or put mustard on his burger. As usual conservatives are being lazy hypocrites.

Just putting Derangement Syndrome in front of any Republicans' name is the cheapest and laziest argument you can mount, which requires zero thought from you, its just a term that be can bloated out like a sheep.
Is that what you think? iLOL That's nice.
It is also hilarious that you think "sheep" are capable of such thought.
So, is there anything else you would like to bleat?

Meanwhile Republicans will forget that they used to freak out when Obama wore a tan suit or put mustard on his burger. As usual conservatives are being lazy hypocrites.
iLOL
1. There is no hypocrisy in going for an appointment.

2. If you ever see me remarking about a tan suit or mustard on a hamburger, by-all-means, please say something. Until then though, get the hell out of here with that bs.

Is that what you think? iLOL That's nice.
It is also hilarious that you think "sheep" are capable of such thought.
So, is there anything else you would like to bleat?

iLOL
1. There is no hypocrisy in going for an appointment.

2. If you ever see me remarking about a tan suit or mustard on a hamburger, by-all-means, please say something. Until then though, get the hell out of here with that bs.

So were the conservatives who did freak out about that stuff suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome?

That ''Derangement Syndrome'' whole argument is lazy nonsense who for people who bleat it out like sheep because Sean Hannity told to, it's not an argument made by a critical thinker. Any criticism of Republican is just Derangement Syndrome eh? No critical thinking allowed eh?

So were the conservatives who did freak out about that stuff suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome?
1. I do not know. Or did you see me accusing someone of that?
2. Regardless. That has not a damn thing to do with anything I said.

That ''Derangement Syndrome'' whole argument is lazy nonsense who for people who bleat it out like sheep .[...]
Yes, that is what you bleated the first time.

, it's not an argument made by a critical thinker.
No, not necessarily, it could be, but not in this case.
(Not that you would understand that.)
It was a dismissal of those not critically thinking and just bleating out of emotion.

Any criticism of Republican is just Derangement Syndrome eh? No critical thinking allowed eh?
iLOL Then show some critical thinking instead of bleating.

1. I do not know. Or did you see me accusing someone of that?
2. Regardless. That has not a damn thing to do with anything I said.

Yes, that is what you bleated the first time.

No, not necessarily, it could be, but not in this case.
(Not that you would understand that.)
It was a dismissal of those not critically thinking and just bleating out of emotion.

iLOL Then show some critical thinking instead of bleating.

Have you countered any of their criticism of Graham? No, you just bleated out the same slogan I hear from most of the MAGA people I see here. Critical thinking is not just mindlessly repeating slogans.

MAGA people seem to love to claim to love individualism, but all they just repeat the same slogans and act like Sean Hannity clones and use nonsense like ''TDS or GDS'' to not actually address any arguments being made.

Have you countered any of their criticism of Graham?
I think I see the error of your ways here.
Obvioulsy you think I need to mindlessly criticize someone else.

No, you just bleated out the same slogan I hear from most of the MAGA people I see here. Critical thinking is not just mindlessly repeating slogans.
iLOL
You think I am repeating a slogan? That is ****ing hilarious.
But please, continue bleating that nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom