• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WARNING: NSFW First Transgender in ESPN BODY edition, is this nudity over the line in

Transgender in ESPN BODY edition, is this nudity over the line in your OPINION?

• Total voters

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Transgender in ESPN BODY edition, is this nudity over the line in your OPINION?
Yes
No
Other

So below is Scott Mosier, Scott is the first open Transgender (Female to Male) to compete as a male at a very high level and is on the US national Team (Duathlon). Nike is also doing an ad campaign with him and I made a thread about that here:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...lympics-ad-featuring-transgender-athlete.html

Scott is also now featured or going to be featured in the ESPN Body edition where athletes are photographed nude but not consider obscene. The government typically regulates nudity/obscenities. United States obscenity law is vague in many ways and regulates what can be shown. It is typically obscene to show penises, vaginas, anuses and full female breast/nipples, grey are consideration is given for educational/medical material. Scott is featured with no shirt on and some have cried foul saying since Scott is genetically female that the pics are obscene. The government must not have agreed but I'm curious what peoples opinions here are? These are his pics below:

duathlon.jpg

Mosier.jpg

So what do you think? are these obscene in your opinion?
I will follow this post with other typical examples for reference . . .

Re: First Transgender in ESPN BODY edition, is this nudity over the line in your OPIN

Nah, I really don't see this as over the line.

Re: First Transgender in ESPN BODY edition, is this nudity over the line in your OPIN

Just why? Can we stop with political/social agenda nonsense already? Why do people even support this? Pushing your crap in other peoples faces all the time is not going to work to gain approval, but just drive them to do other activities where they don't have to deal with your ****.

Hilary Knight - Hockey
Hockey.jpg

Emma Coburn - Track and Field
TnF.jpg
Christen Press - Soccer
soccer.jpg
D-Wade Basketball
Basketball2.jpg
Michael Phelps - Swimming
Swimming.jpg

Hillary Knight is too muscular. Just sayin'.

Just why? Can we stop with political/social agenda nonsense already? Why do people even support this? Pushing your crap in other peoples faces all the time is not going to work to gain approval, but just drive them to do other activities where they don't have to deal with your ****.

What political/social agenda?
Support what?
What crap is being pushed in peoples faces?
Who has to deal with who's ****?
what **** are you referring too?

I don't even really get the point of taking pictures like these, but whatever.

I really don't care.

Im sure its for magazine sales but some people have critized the shots in general when espn first did it in 09 i think. Its seems many of the athletes are very willing also and enjoy it.

What political/social agenda?
Support what?

The ****ing pictures are intended to push a political/social agenda. That should be obvious. This kind of crap is everywhere these days. The best examples of this is TV and movies that are **** that is loaded with political and social agendas. Another example is this kind of crap or the kind of crap they pulled in another magazine a while back with a fat chick.

Last edited:

Hot.

Hilary Knight. <3

yes she is very hot I agree!
I had some other examples but I didn't post them, I realized they were "different" in one regard. They do not show the majors already described but they do show full butt and I didn't clear that. ;)

The ****ing pictures are intended to push a political/social agenda. That should be obvious.

They are? according to who? according to what facts?
So ESPN started the body issue in 09 to push a political/social agenda?
What is the a political/social agenda they are pushing?

why are you so angry LMAO

also dont forget

Support what?

I could care less. It's really quite simple, if someone is offended, don't watch the ad and don't subscribe to the edition. I'm not a big fan of the whole "legislating morality" concept.

They are? according to who? according to what facts?

why are you so angry LMAO

also dont forget

Support what?

You're like talking to wall, but instead of the wall simply not saying anything like you would expect everything that comes out of you is annoying and purposely ignorant.

I could care less. It's really quite simple, if someone is offended, don't watch the ad and don't subscribe to the edition. I'm not a big fan of the whole "legislating morality" concept.

Yeah, except this crap is getting to be everywhere, so people that don't want to see it basically have to give up what they enjoy to avoid it. Kind of annoying to be honest.

You're like talking to wall, but instead of the wall simply not saying anything like you would expect everything that comes out of you is annoying and purposely ignorant.

So you can't explain your own posts and what you meant nor back them up with any logic or facts and thats my fault? LMAO thats halrious. . Ill ask you again

(espn did this to push a political social agenda) They are? according to who? according to what facts?
Why are you so angry?
Who has to deal with who's crap?

let us know when you can answer, thanks!

So you can't explain your own posts and what you meant nor back them up with any logic or facts and thats my fault? LMAO thats halrious. . Ill ask you again

(espn did this to push a political social agenda) They are? according to who? according to what facts?
Why are you so angry?

let us know when you can answer, thanks!

None of your questions were intelligent, so I responded by pointing out the nonsensical and annoying way you post.

Yeah, except this crap is getting to be everywhere, so people that don't want to see it basically have to give up what they enjoy to avoid it. Kind of annoying to be honest.

What crap?

Or they can just suck it up. Not that hard to do.

What crap?

Already went over that. Maybe you should start paying attention.

Or they can just suck it up. Not that hard to do.

Why would they suffer through it? Why wouldn't they just leave and do something that actually gives them enjoyment? If people find it in their interest to drive away consumers then all I have to tell them is that they will find success in their plans.

None of your questions were intelligent, so I responded by pointing out the nonsensical and annoying way you post.

Translation: you can't explain or support your posts with any facts or anything logical. . .got it LMAO

Well when you can, please let us know, thanks!
Why are you so angry?

Yeah, except this crap getting to be everywhere, so people that don't want to see it basically have to give up what they enjoy to avoid it. Kind of annoying to be honest.
Unplug. I do every once in a while. It's actually quite refreshing to do so sometimes. One of the reasons that I've been a member of DP for 10 years and have less than 5K posts. I learned quite a while back to choose my battles more wisely.

Translation: you can't explain or support your posts with any facts or anything logical. . .got it LMAO

Well when you can, please let us know, thanks!
Why are you so angry?

I didn't actually read that one. Continue on.

Back
Top Bottom