• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warning from five former heads of homeland security

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Mr. President, you're hurting america and americans and putting our safety in jeopardy.

That's the short version in essence.

Are these guys also full of crap and part of the conspiracy to bring down trump?

Edit. This is what's called truth so let's have some republican replies please.

Mr. President, you're hurting america and americans and putting our safety in jeopardy.

Are these guys also full of crap and part of the conspiracy to bring down trump?

A "short version"...from a progressive.

Okay.

Dismissed.

They are correct, this shutdown is getting dangerous and if it continues much longer it will cost lives. When that happens it's on trumps bead, it will be his Benghazi only this actually will be his fault...

Okay.

Dismissed.

The short version from the Trump perspective would likely be willing (or forced?) to accept short term pain for long term gain. It will be interresting to see when and how this shutdown (standoff?) ends.

Last edited:

Okay.

Dismissed.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way that one day your mind will open, maybe even today if you watch fox and they tell you the same thing.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way that one day your mind will open, maybe even today if you watch fox and they tell you the same thing.

LOL!!

You watch Fox for me. I don't have a TV.

John Kelly signed that letter, too.

For anyone who is curious about your post, or is like Mycroft who can't Google or follow the news, here's the story:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/24/john-kelly-governent-shutdown-1121850

I thought progressives weren't big on thoughts and prayers.

I'm not but I'm hoping they have the same result all the thoughts and prayers have after another slaughter. Zero.

I'm not but I'm hoping they have the same result all the thoughts and prayers have after another slaughter. Zero.

Speaking of thoughts and prayers and concern, I think it's lovely that the Trump fans are so worked up about some high schooler in Kentucky being treated meanly. Too bad they didn't care about the high schoolers at Parkland who were treated meanly by a guy with a gun. I guess the kids in Parkland should have worn MAGA hats while being shot to death. Then they would have gotten so much care and affection and thought and prayers.

Everyone who doesn't bow before Trump, as his base does, is considered an enemy. It really is a lot like a religious cult, with adherents carrying their appointed message regardless of facts or reality.

It's a polite way of saying we care, so that everyone can understand. Let's not forget that two hands at work accomplish more than a million hands clasped in prayer.

Speaking of thoughts and prayers and concern, I think it's lovely that the Trump fans are so worked up about some high schooler in Kentucky being treated meanly. Too bad they didn't care about the high schoolers at Parkland who were treated meanly by a guy with a gun. I guess the kids in Parkland should have worn MAGA hats while being shot to death. Then they would have gotten so much care and affection and thought and prayers.

Amen.

It's a polite way of saying we care, so that everyone can understand. Let's not forget that two hands at work accomplish more than a million hands clasped in prayer.

That kinda' falls under the heading of you can tell me anything...one million hands clasped in prayer will not pick up a brick that two hands can.

Trump supporters believe in armed security at schools, however the school wants to accomplish that. We don't believe in gun-free zones.

Here's the long version for you. Maybe there weren't enough pictures in his post so you could Google it. Or you could have been like the rest of us who watch real news, and heard about it this morning.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/24/john-kelly-governent-shutdown-1121850

Sorry, but nobody gets "real news" from watching TV.

LOL!!

In any case, it was a good thing to hold out for more than your "short version".

...implored President Donald Trump and congressional lawmakers on Wednesday to strike a deal to restore funding to the department, which has gone without funding since late last year because of the partial government shutdown.

Just a little bit different than your short version, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

LOL!!

Um, my post is living proof that we do.

I'm sure The Conservative Treehouse didn't carry this story. Luckily the rest of the world, which is too smart to rely on them for "news", saw it.

LOL!!

In any case, it was a good thing to hold out for more than your "short version".

Just a little bit different than your short version, wouldn't you say?

How would you know? You claim to not own a TV.

~~~~~~
"Suffice it to say that this Congress, which can’t agree on anything, agreed to appropriate the money needed to avoid a shutdown, until President Trump swooped in at the last minute and blocked the deal, based on pressure from his base to “build the wall.” No one, including Trump, knows what “the wall” is, beyond a campaign slogan."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...rf-fast/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d39c05d75b0

Back
Top Bottom