• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Warmers turn to deny

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
The warmer cult in here is falling over itself to deny they blame any current weather events on AGW because it tends to make them look foolish as facts come out so I have to wonder what you think about articles like this that say AGW didn't cause it but made it worse.

From Climate Central's Andrew Freedman:
As officials begin the arduous task of pumping corrosive seawater out of New York City’s subway system and try to restore power to lower Manhattan, and residents of the New Jersey Shore begin to take stock of the destruction, experts and political leaders are asking what Hurricane Sandy had to do with climate change. After all, the storm struck a region that has been hit hard by several rare extreme weather events in recent years, from Hurricane Irene to “Snowtober.”
Scientists cannot yet answer the specific question of whether climate change made Hurricane Sandy more likely to occur, since such studies, known as detection and attribution research, take many months to complete. What is already clear, however, is that climate change very likely made Sandy’s impacts worse than they otherwise would have been.
There are three different ways climate change might have influenced Sandy: through the effects of sea level rise; through abnormally warm sea surface temperatures; and possibly through an unusual weather pattern that some scientists think bore the fingerprint of rapidly disappearing Arctic sea ice.
If this were a criminal case, detectives would be treating global warming as a likely accomplice in the crime.

I have to wonder what you think about articles like this that say AGW didn't cause it but made it worse.

Global warming didn't invent hurricanes or snow.

The warmer cult in here is falling over itself to deny they blame any current weather events on AGW because it tends to make them look foolish as facts come out so I have to wonder what you think about articles like this that say AGW didn't cause it but made it worse.

From Climate Central's Andrew Freedman:
As officials begin the arduous task of pumping corrosive seawater out of New York City’s subway system and try to restore power to lower Manhattan, and residents of the New Jersey Shore begin to take stock of the destruction, experts and political leaders are asking what Hurricane Sandy had to do with climate change. After all, the storm struck a region that has been hit hard by several rare extreme weather events in recent years, from Hurricane Irene to “Snowtober.”
Scientists cannot yet answer the specific question of whether climate change made Hurricane Sandy more likely to occur, since such studies, known as detection and attribution research, take many months to complete. What is already clear, however, is that climate change very likely made Sandy’s impacts worse than they otherwise would have been.
There are three different ways climate change might have influenced Sandy: through the effects of sea level rise; through abnormally warm sea surface temperatures; and possibly through an unusual weather pattern that some scientists think bore the fingerprint of rapidly disappearing Arctic sea ice.
If this were a criminal case, detectives would be treating global warming as a likely accomplice in the crime.

I don't see why this is worth discussing. The article is making a fairly uncontroversial claim that it's POSSIBLE that global warming has contributed to a greater frequency of extreme weather events. The claim is neither new nor unsurprising. Nobody (or at least nobody who knows what they're talking about) is arguing that global warming CAUSES hurricanes. Hurricanes/cyclones/typhoons have been around since forever.

I don't see why this is worth discussing. The article is making a fairly uncontroversial claim that it's POSSIBLE that global warming has contributed to a greater frequency of extreme weather events. The claim is neither new nor unsurprising. Nobody (or at least nobody who knows what they're talking about) is arguing that global warming CAUSES hurricanes. Hurricanes/cyclones/typhoons have been around since forever.

In other words you refuse to answer on the grounds......:lol:

I gave you a damn answer, what exactly is it you're trying to ask me? or tell me?

Did you forget who you're talking to? Sawyer doesn't argue about what you said. He makes up a different argument in his head and you just see his end of that.

Back
Top Bottom