• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

War the Russians Slaughtering Georgian?

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Now that Putins' military has started its conquest of the world by invading Georgia and massacuring thousands of women and children America must now reinstate the draft and prepare for World War III. Sound incredible? Sound preposterous? How does Putin strike you? Does "MONSTER" fit the bill? Welcome back U.S.S.R.! (By the way watch NATO curl up under their coward blanket and assume the fetal position.)

Now that Putins' military has started its conquest of the world by invading Georgia and massacuring thousands of women and children America must now reinstate the draft and prepare for World War III. Sound incredible? Sound preposterous? How does Putin strike you? Does "MONSTER" fit the bill? Welcome back U.S.S.R.! (By the way watch NATO curl up under their coward blanket and assume the fetal position.)

And what do you suggest NATO do? Last I heard, Russia still had eleventy zillion nukes left to fire at us.

The warmongers are in exstacy!

They've converted the Muslim terrorist threat into a couple wars and doubled military spending, but let's face it, trying to convert a bunch of ragtag radicals and third world states into a real threat has been hard work -- though kudos to the neocons and Bush administration for making a lot of progress. But it just wasn't like the good old days of the cold war when they could use the threat of nuclear annihilation to really scare people.

But now, the opportunity to bring the cold war back! WOO HOO!

Let's get on after them satanic commies, err, ruskies who are trying to take over the world and MAKE YOU LEARN TO SPEAK RUSSIAN! :shock:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/asia-...s-world-perspective-fears.html#post1057693302

The Georgians being slaughtered by the Russians? In large amounts?
I can't help putting in a comment on this topic.

Because I wonder to what extent the news may get blown up out of all proportion by the media or whoever.

It baffles me who takes advantage of representing the Russians in the image of blood thirsty brutal inhuman merciless monsters for all over the world.

Please argue your standpoint if this reputation is merited

I watch both Russian TV news and the Western channels because I would appreciate any chance of getting every smallest grain of the true facts about the events.

The fact is that over 30,000 refugees have already fled Georgia from the 'conflict zone' and found their safe places over the frontier in the Russian city of Vladikavkaz (The French Foreign Affairs Minister witnessed their camp during his short visit in Vladikavkaz on Aug 11 2008 just before the trip to Moscow), and many others are still attempting to get through and arriving in Russia heartily.

Why on earth are those refugees fleeing in that direction from Georgia to Russia while being still massacred by the Russians on that side? Why not sensibly running like hell towards the opposite side further from the crushing Russian tanks southwards into the depth of Georgia and hide away over the Georgian territory?

I would like to add a little off the topic in the end, to my mind, the Russian's intent of expanding to its ex-Soviet Union's boundaries, as commented at many western forums now, is also exaggerated.

And Russia's target of conquering the whole planet and getting all the nations including the US under its boots sounds nothing but a load of utter absurdity imho.

Amusingly inhuman war in Osetia became a litmus paper for many politicians. Being a native Ukrainian I can’t but comment on Yuschenko posture in the context of Georgia’s war in South Osetia. There was no miracle! Ukrainian president showed his real worth during the war in South Osetia imo! He took the side of a new Hitler Saakashvili. Btw this comes logically for Yuschenko supportive of neo Nazi elements in Ukraine itself, in Baltic states and elsewhere. In South Osetia we saw the disgusting face of neo Nazi with lots of innocents brutally killed!
Interestingly, here in Germany majority of Germans were most vocal critics of Saakashvili’s war on South Osetia.
Now what? Saakashvili declares Georgia withdrawal from CIS and suggests that Ukraine follow the lead. What next?
Saakashvili is pushing his own country to the edge of abyss ….together with Ukraine!!

Because I wonder to what extent the news may get blown up out of all proportion by the media or whoever.

It baffles me who takes advantage of representing the Russians in the image of blood thirsty brutal inhuman merciless monsters for all over the world.

Russians? absolutely not
Putin and his cronies? absolutely yes

Amusingly inhuman war in Osetia became a litmus paper for many politicians. Being a native Ukrainian I can’t but comment on Yuschenko posture in the context of Georgia’s war in South Osetia. There was no miracle! Ukrainian president showed his real worth during the war in South Osetia imo! He took the side of a new Hitler Saakashvili. Btw this comes logically for Yuschenko supportive of neo Nazi elements in Ukraine itself, in Baltic states and elsewhere. In South Osetia we saw the disgusting face of neo Nazi with lots of innocents brutally killed!
Interestingly, here in Germany majority of Germans were most vocal critics of Saakashvili’s war on South Osetia.
Now what? Saakashvili declares Georgia withdrawal from CIS and suggests that Ukraine follow the lead. What next?
Saakashvili is pushing his own country to the edge of abyss ….together with Ukraine!!

Are you nuts? Ukraine made its own decision to need authorization for Russian war ships to come back to port. And they did the right thing. Russia is wrong, and is in breach of international law.

I watch both Russian TV news and the Western channels because I would appreciate any chance of getting every smallest grain of the true facts about the events.

I believe the Associated Press because they are a sort of unbiased source of news. Though I think Russia needs to butt out, get out, and let a country control its territory.

The fact is that over 30,000 refugees have already fled Georgia from the 'conflict zone' and found their safe places over the frontier in the Russian city of Vladikavkaz (The French Foreign Affairs Minister witnessed their camp during his short visit in Vladikavkaz on Aug 11 2008 just before the trip to Moscow), and many others are still attempting to get through and arriving in Russia heartily.

Why on earth are those refugees fleeing in that direction from Georgia to Russia while being still massacred by the Russians on that side? Why not sensibly running like hell towards the opposite side further from the crushing Russian tanks southwards into the depth of Georgia and hide away over the Georgian territory?

Those are RUSSIANS running into Russia, because they can't except the fact that maybe Georgia will control its territory again. And the RUSSIAN controlled local governments probably called onto Russia to go help it.

I would like to add a little off the topic in the end, to my mind, the Russian's intent of expanding to its ex-Soviet Union's boundaries, as commented at many western forums now, is also exaggerated.

It seems that Russia is now showing communistic symptoms(sorry couldnt think of another word =/) again, and they did just overrun half a country because the country sent its military to stop an uprising. How many times did Russia do that? Russia is being a hypocrite!

And Russia's target of conquering the whole planet and getting all the nations including the US under its boots sounds nothing but a load of utter absurdity imho.

Conquering the world? That is ridiculous. Now maybe imposing Russian influence, or attempting to at least is more plausible. Since US-Russia foreign relations have deteriorated to the point of near cold-war state it is very possible that Russia is looking for any chance to expand its sphere of influence, especially but destroying pro-US governments.

Are you nuts? Ukraine made its own decision to need authorization for Russian war ships to come back to port. And they did the right thing. Russia is wrong, and is in breach of international law.

I believe the Associated Press because they are a sort of unbiased source of news. Though I think Russia needs to butt out, get out, and let a country control its territory.

Those are RUSSIANS running into Russia, because they can't except the fact that maybe Georgia will control its territory again. And the RUSSIAN controlled local governments probably called onto Russia to go help it.

It seems that Russia is now showing communistic symptoms(sorry couldnt think of another word =/) again, and they did just overrun half a country because the country sent its military to stop an uprising. How many times did Russia do that? Russia is being a hypocrite!

Conquering the world? That is ridiculous. Now maybe imposing Russian influence, or attempting to at least is more plausible. Since US-Russia foreign relations have deteriorated to the point of near cold-war state it is very possible that Russia is looking for any chance to expand its sphere of influence, especially but destroying pro-US governments.

It's time to create a complete shipping blackout that prevents the Russians from getting ANY supplies until they withdraw their troops from Gerogia and Putin surrenders for trial by an international court.

It's time to create a complete shipping blackout that prevents the Russians from getting ANY supplies until they withdraw their troops from Gerogia and Putin surrenders for trial by an international court.

That would be nice, but impossible because Russia borders Georiga. And Russia would never hand over the 'Father of the Motherland'. Thats like us handing over Bush :D

Your information is completely wrong.
This is the local residents of S Ossetia, i. e. The Ossetians, are running into Russia, not the Russians.

This is a true fact. Let one make his own conclusions based on the facts.

Your information is completely wrong.
This is the local residents of S Ossetia, i. e. The Ossetians, are running into Russia, not the Russians.

This is a true fact. Let one make his own conclusions based on the facts.

Have you never taken a Human Geography class? Most of the population in S Ossetia are RUSSIAN. Just because they don't live in Russia doesn't mean they aren't Russians.

Most of the population in S Ossetia are RUSSIAN. Just because they don't live in Russia doesn't mean they aren't Russians.

This is not correct. From the BBC:

The Ossetians are a distinct ethnic group originally from the Russian plains just south of the Don river. In the 13th Century, they were pushed southwards by Mongol invasions into the Caucasus mountains, settling along the border with Georgia.

South Ossetians want to join up with their ethnic brethren in North Ossetia, which is an autonomous republic within the Russian Federation.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Q&A: Violence in South Ossetia

From GlobalSecurity.org:

The Ossetians are an ethnic group from Ossetia, a region in the northern Caucasus Mountains in Europe. Its territory currently straddles the political divide between North Ossetia-Alania in Russia, and South Ossetia in Georgia. They speak Ossetic, an Iranian language.

South Ossetia

Have you never taken a Human Geography class? Most of the population in S Ossetia are RUSSIAN. Just because they don't live in Russia doesn't mean they aren't Russians.

I hate to dissappoint you but that school you took your geographical classes at was probably a bad one.

You can rest assured the most of the population in South Ossetia are the Ossetians who feel close to Russia rather than Georgia. You should either stick to your own ethnical views and tell me where to get off with this sort of information regardless of that I have been to Ossetia twice in my life, or just believe me (that S Ossetia is inhabited by the Ossetians, nearly 100,000 people).

Unlike a Russian man, a pure Ossetian has a dark complexion, always black hair, brown eyes, an aquiline nose, speaking his own Ossetian language but all the Ossetians speak Russian perfectly too. They seem to have always been at daggers drawn with the Georgians who want the Ossetian territory.

Come and visit the Caucases mountains and see it with your own eyes. You will like the place with many waterfalls and big wild birds hovering in the skies.

If you ask a common man in the street in any Russian city and town, most of the Russians regard the Ossetians as their friends. Then what should Russia have done in that situation? It is understandable why the Russian government's policy over that issue is so much supported by its people in the country, whether you like it or not.

Either come for help to your friends and get labelled as Invader and Aggressor for the others aside, or turn your friends away and become a despicable traitor for deliberately failing to protect them form the fierce Georgian attacks.

Tshinvali, the capital of S Ossetia, is in ruins like Stalingrad with hundreds of dead under rubble (THE TRUE FACT). No one at any forum in the net is intrested why. Who made that? Who ruined Tshinvali? Who murdered those hundreds or maybe over a thousand (no one cares of the exact toll)?

And what do you suggest NATO do? Last I heard, Russia still had eleventy zillion nukes left to fire at us.

So what are you saying about NATO?

Russia has stated in response to the American miltary aid to Poland a nuclear strike may be in the making ion Poland. I will contend to the death Putin has plans that could send the world back to caves. In the past Russia was handcuffed by its own poverty. Today they are swimming in oil riches and bullying the western oil companies out of Russia. No one can stop them if they choose to bully Europe and Putin knows it.

Complete delusin...

Just come here and look at what has happened to Tskhinval:
Georgian regime atrocities in South Ossetia. Just a tiny piece of evidence.

chronicle, pics, vids and constant updates.

Russia has stated in response to the American miltary aid to Poland a nuclear strike may be in the making ion Poland. I will contend to the death Putin has plans that could send the world back to caves. In the past Russia was handcuffed by its own poverty. Today they are swimming in oil riches and bullying the western oil companies out of Russia. No one can stop them if they choose to bully Europe and Putin knows it.

Sometnhing like this COULD be done IF US will deploy its' "missile interceptors" in Poland. The sites of this "intrceptors" will be then aimed? prhaps with nukes.
It is the same as it was for the past 50 years already. Your missiles are targeted first of all on our ones and in reverse. And nothing happens.

If NATO will support bloody dictator Saakashvili, Russia may stop cooperating with NATO in, for exmple, Afghanistan. Did you know that your cargo is supplied to Afghanistan via Russia?

BTW, Russia does not need fallen state of Georgia. After Georgian army flew NOTHING prevented Russians from taking Tbilisi and capturing Saakashvili.

But what is the use of it? To vaste money?
It's your business in Iraq (3 TRILIONS, according to Nobel price winner J. Stiglits) and other places, including the same Georgia.

It's ENOUGH to pull agressor's teeth out and leave it with its' people to judge his fate.

South Ossetia: US to be blamed for that many victims

I reckon that the States should be responsible for war crimes of Saakashvili in South Ossetia, likewise Georgian dictator himself! For one thing, Georgian soldiers are known to have been committing genocide of peaceful South Ossetian population by means of US-made weapons. On other side, it came to knowledge that US experts provided Georgian soldiers with specific US-made psychotropic medications (like Combat Stress) – a drug that makes a person more endurant on the battlefield, when its side effect is excessive aggression! That's how incredible ferocity of Georgian soldiers against South Ossetian people can be explained! If you want some pictures of victims of Georgia's genocide you may watch them on flickr. Shall there be no US-made 'brutalizer in pills', there would have been by far less civil victims in South Ossetia! As I see, the US got used to try its newest developments on 'young democracies'. So, the tragedy in South Ossetia was also just a green test of a new psychotropic military-oriented medication regardless of victims.

Re: South Ossetia: US to be blamed for that many victims

I reckon that the States should be responsible for war crimes of Saakashvili in South Ossetia, likewise Georgian dictator himself! For one thing, Georgian soldiers are known to have been committing genocide of peaceful South Ossetian population by means of US-made weapons. On other side, it came to knowledge that US experts provided Georgian soldiers with specific US-made psychotropic medications (like Combat Stress) – a drug that makes a person more endurant on the battlefield, when its side effect is excessive aggression! That's how incredible ferocity of Georgian soldiers against South Ossetian people can be explained! If you want some pictures of victims of Georgia's genocide you may watch them on flickr. Shall there be no US-made 'brutalizer in pills', there would have been by far less civil victims in South Ossetia! As I see, the US got used to try its newest developments on 'young democracies'. So, the tragedy in South Ossetia was also just a green test of a new psychotropic military-oriented medication regardless of victims.

As a natural sceptic I would dismiss this as a conspiracy theory, but at this moment I would ask for some sources/facts and give you a chance, because it is really so, I know Georgians as good people, they may be easy to be outraged, but it is not like they would be commited for an outrage,... I have difficulties to explain the ferocity, even if I gather from pieces of the puzzle that saakachivili most likely has employed a lot of criminal elements of Georgian society

What about he $6 billion oil line the PKK blew up in Turkey. Was lowering Russian profits.

Pipeline politics caused the war in Georgia - Telegraph

"But before a bomb (probably not Russian) put out part of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline some two weeks ago, [8-5-08] it was carrying 40-45 million tons per year to the international market. Another line is feeding Caspian gas across Georgia to Turkish consumers. And Russia can do nothing.

Only last month it looked like Russian resistance to improving pipeline capacity across its territory would force Kazakhstan to increase its trans-Caspian tanker-born oil transport. Meanwhile, the transport of Azeri (and possibly Kazakh) oil through Georgia and Turkey ran counter to all Russian aims. "

USA invasion

Those images I'm afraid are part and parcel of war or invasion. Afghanistan in 2001 was a safe haven for Al'Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden. The Taleban are also a paramilitary Islamic movement dedicated to the strictest interpretation of Sharia Law with all the barbaric horrors entailed within. Funnily enough, they were happy to profit (and continue to) from supplying illegal and harmful drugs to the world..

by choosing to harbour Osama Bin Laden the Taleban made themselves targets of the west - especially after 2/11 in New York.

I'm also very interested that your video makes no mention that Afghanistan continues to be the world's primary source of opium poppies?

Any views on how Opium continues to be produced and supplied or is that not a comfortable subject for you?

Thanks to Bush and the NeoCons, the US has no right to criticize others for invasion and conquest to protect gas interests. Furthermore, Georgia instigated the conflict by shelling the region and killing Russian peacekeepers.

Back
Top Bottom