• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

War on Terror is bogus

Status
Not open for further replies.
nefarious_plot said:
Anybody can make a wesbite. It might be nice if people learn that just cause tis in print doesnt make it true. Regadless the Americans are the only ones to place blame soley on the Germans. Pure propaganda.

But this does proove my point again. That some many wargmonger types that are just dying to watch OTHER PEOPLE kill off those they are so scared off, Tend to hide behind the propagada of movies liek Saving Private Ryan and use the World wars to excuse everything. its not an excuse reason or example for everyhthing. A diversion is what it is.

Dropping bonbs has never solved anythiing and it never will. Simple minded attitudes steeped in hollywood movies use that crap. Its murderous and barbaric.

Anybody can make a website. It might be nice if people learn that just cause it is in print doesn't make it true. Regardless the Americans are the only ones to place blame solely on the Germans. Pure propaganda.

But this does prove my point again. Some many warmonger types are just dying to watch OTHER PEOPLE kill off those they are scared of, Tend to hide behind the propaganda of movies like Saving Private Ryan and use the World wars to excuse everything. It is not an excuse, reason, or example for everything. A diversion is what it is.

Dropping bombs has never solved anything and it never will. Simple minded attitudes steeped in Hollywood movies use that crap. It is murderous and barbaric.

Failing to use spell checker before you post can be murderous and barbaric as well.

You are dead wrong by the way. No history book I have heard of places blame for World War I solely on the Germans. Take whatever book you are using back to the store. They owe you a few more pages.

Yeah same here, I've never read a histroy book that said that the Germans alone were responsible for WW1. However in the peace agreement, the allies put it a clause stating that Germany WAS responsible for all the death an distruction. It was this clause and the peace agreement in general that pissed off the German people, as it was a lie. I don't beleive in humilating your enemy.

Interesting spot in the British news on VE day one Sunday. Apprantly the German are setting up a "victim culture" around WW2. On VE day that mourn the bombing of Germany, the horror of war on the German land, the rape and pillage of the Soviet army in Berlin.
They seem to ignore Nazism, the Final Solution, that fact that THIS war was their responsibility.

Originally I was for the war on terror, but now my question is, who are the terrists now? Honestly, at this point America has become twice the terrists attempting to be the "Worlds Police." Who are we fighting and why? I have kept up with the entire political stand and blah, blah out there and it's time our boys and girls come home to protect our homeland and our families. We have made our stand and our point known throughout the world for many years now that, we are bigger, better, and more powerful. The only ones that really care about these facts are the present administration of the US. i am not anti-Bush or anti-American, but we need to stop being the terrorists and leave these people alone.

By the way, who ever said the democracy is for everyone. Is that why we are still there, I don't think so.

Your right, we are not the worlds police. We have, in our acts of 'spreading democracy' created more terrorism by far then we have rooted out. And in the end of this we have a country split in thirds by religion, a govornment in this country that cannot seem to decide who should do what, and several other countries which have recently stepped forth as budding nuclear powers. Your right. We nead to get out of there, maybe take care of a few of our own problems, like our 55billion trade deficit. Which is actualy the best we have had in sixth months.

It bothers me too that if someone questions their govorment they are considered anti-american, our country is built upon the ideal that the people of the country keep the govornment in line. Because everyone is so afraid of the militaristic groups that were around in the 70's no one wants to question any of the govornments actions.

I'm not saying this will ever happen, or that we should even try, but wouldn't it be novel if we pulled all our troops home, and terrorism against Americans suddenly stopped?[/QUOTE]

This is one of the worst ideas i've ever heard. If pulled out of other countries we would have another missle crisis. Oh and maybe we can stop what maybe 5% of terrosism but then we would be wiped out by nuclear bombs. what seems better to you, everybody dead or us searching for terroists?

Also, this rumor about invading iran for having nuclear weapons is also bogus. We have more nuclear weapons than the whole world combined. And we've killed hundreds of thousands of people with them. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to do this?[/QUOTE]

Just to tell you the united nations has made it a point to have the same amount of nuclear weapons in all major countries. Also the only reason we ever had to use are weapons is to save us. like in wwII we had to bomb japan to stop the war. so tell me its either them or us.

anomaly said:
Let me try to give you some evidence. First off, the very idea of a war on terror is pretty bogus. That's about as specific and effective as declaring a war on the Atlantic Ocean. And liberal1 is right that Bush is killing innocents in the middle east. I believe the civilian death toll is around 16000-17000, and 1500 Americans have died. Terrorists see us as evil just as we see them as evil. Why do they hate us, they and most of the world? It's because we are extremely powerful, we cannot be defeated by conventional measures. There are few ways to combat the ever expanding American Empire, and one way is through terrorism. Itan can develop nukes in 2006, when the Russian supplied nuclear reactor is completed. Iran does not really pose a threat with nukes, though, as they certainly wouldn't use them against the US, and I doubt the Iranians, after working terribly hard to obtain nukes, would sell them to terrorists. That being said, we should still diplomaticall persuade them to not develop nukes. In closing, liberal1 was right. Where are your problems with what he said, anyways?

I dont understand why people keep saying bush is killing these people or bombing these people. ITS NOT HIM. anytime we have to bomb a big place there has to be a vote with in congress.

bushrules91 said:
I dont understand why people keep saying bush is killing these people or bombing these people. ITS NOT HIM. anytime we have to bomb a big place there has to be a vote with in congress.

Yeah Bush has never killed anyone in person, he had a chance to fight for his country in Vietnam, but opted out lol.

Soldiers kill because they have to or they die, plus they have to follow orders.

Bush like every politican kills with a stroke of a pen, much more colder and ruthless. He won't do the killing, he or his family won't be put in danger, he has never experienced war, so it makes it all the much easier for him. Look at my signature. Bush in my opinion is a coward, most politicans are I'm afraid. How many on the Bush administration fought in a war?

It's easy for them to shout "Join up and fight for freedom." However they are reluctant to let thair own offspring to fight a war.

Yes you had the vote in congress, the Democrats are responsible for Iraq as well.

GarzaUK said:
Yeah Bush has never killed anyone in person, he had a chance to fight for his country in Vietnam, but opted out lol.

Soldiers kill because they have to or they die, plus they have to follow orders.

Bush like every politican kills with a stroke of a pen, much more colder and ruthless. He won't do the killing, he or his family won't be put in danger, he has never experienced war, so it makes it all the much easier for him. Look at my signature. Bush in my opinion is a coward, most politicans are I'm afraid. How many on the Bush administration fought in a war?

It's easy for them to shout "Join up and fight for freedom." However they are reluctant to let thair own offspring to fight a war.

Yes you had the vote in congress, the Democrats are responsible for Iraq as well.

Let me put this in another perspective. Back in vietnam with the war powers act presidents have just put there say in whether we should go to war or not even though its not his decision. The only calls a president has to make is to use nuclear warheads. That of which to my knowledge hasn't happened in iraq yet.

Also are you saying a president is only as good as how he fought or didn't fight in a war? sounds a little single minded to me.

Squawker said:
Anomaly wrote:

I did a quick fact check and came up with “claims” and “estimates” from BBC and AL Jazeera type outlets. Nothing confirmed. It would be pretty hard to separate innocent people from former bathists and Saddam sympathizers.

This also goes along with what i have been trying to tell you people. I completly agree with this

Pacridge said:
I supported the assault on Afghanistan. I just didn’t follow the logic of attacking a country that didn’t attack us.

Have you ever watched tv or read a newspaper they did attack us. Does the twin towers ring a bell?

GarzaUK said:
If it wasnt for us (and France) they would be no United States of America. :naughty You seem to foget that white Americans and white Canadians are from European decent, United States roots are European (maybe that annoys you in a way.)

That doesn't annoy us because we fought a war to get away from your country and succeded. I guess your country is to weak to fight off a couple of farmers turned soldiers. and white canadians are from french decent i would know my stepfather's mother is french.

Both Great Britian and France had chunks of Canada. It would appear that your stepfather's mother is from the wussy chunk. :lol:

Gandhi>Bush said:
Both Great Britian and France had chunks of Canada. It would appear that your stepfather's mother is from the wussy chunk. :lol:

Hahahaha, good come back. :2razz:

nefarious_plot said:
Anybody can make a wesbite. It might be nice if people learn that just cause tis in print doesnt make it true. Regadless the Americans are the only ones to place blame soley on the Germans. Pure propaganda.

But this does proove my point again. That some many wargmonger types that are just dying to watch OTHER PEOPLE kill off those they are so scared off, Tend to hide behind the propagada of movies liek Saving Private Ryan and use the World wars to excuse everything. its not an excuse reason or example for everyhthing. A diversion is what it is.

Dropping bonbs has never solved anythiing and it never will. Simple minded attitudes steeped in hollywood movies use that crap. Its murderous and barbaric.
Dropping bombs will solve plenty. The terrorists want us dead because of who we are. There is no possible way to get along with these people. Ignoring the problem is what got us Sept.11. It is a "kill the enemy before they can kill us" situation. They will not surrender and they see any decency from us as a weakness.

alienken said:
Dropping bombs will solve plenty. The terrorists want us dead because of who we are.

Dropping bombs will kill people. That's it. Destruction to undo hatred? I doubt it. It only draws more to them. They see "The Great White Satan of the West" bombing things. They see "The Great White Satan of the West" playing right in to all the propaganda(some of it true). They see the self proclaimed Greatest Nation on Earth solving problems with violence. Uhh....

The terrorists want us dead for many reasons, some of them legitimate. Google "why the terrorists hate us." When I did it, I got a very extensive list. Supporting Israel, other military actions, but mostly just indifference. We're rich they're poor. They're starving, we're obiece. Etc.

They will not surrender and they see any decency from us as a weakness.

Give me one situation where a terrorist was shown decency.

Gandhi>Bush said:

Eric Rudolph said he sent one of his bombs to go off after everybody left the clinic for the day. After that didn't get enough press coverage he started killing people. He used the common terrorist tactic of placing two bombs. The first draws in people to respond, the seconds sole purpose is to kill those responders.

For clarification, Eric Rudolph was the Abortion clinic bomber? Or just a for fun bomber?

Where was he shown decency?

Gandhi>Bush said:
For clarification, Eric Rudolph was the Abortion clinic bomber? Or just a for fun bomber?

Where was he shown decency?

He's the clinic bomber. He showed some decency at first then when the press didn't give him enough exposure he started killing folks.

Gandhi>Bush said:

We had a miss communication. Let me rephrase the above statement.

Give me one situation where decency was shown to a terrorist.

Gandhi>Bush said:
We had a miss communication. Let me rephrase the above statement.

Give me one situation where decency was shown to a terrorist.

Don't we show them decency by treating them as prisoners? We feed them, house, them and clothe them. Sounds fairly decent to me. Much more decent then they show people- IMO.

You really want to bring up Prisons? Abu Grahib and Guantanamo Bay... You know it's funny those two prisons don't really have a "decent" connotation.

Prisons = Decency? Hmm...

I was thinking more about their poverty, homelessness, lack of education... or perhaps their war-torn countries...

Gandhi>Bush said:
You really want to bring up Prisons? Abu Grahib and Guantanamo Bay... You know it's funny those two prisons don't really have a "decent" connotation.

Prisons = Decency? Hmm...

I was thinking more about their poverty, homelessness, lack of education... or perhaps their war-torn countries...

I certainly see your point, very valid.

I think what I was trying to say was we treat them more decent then they treat their victims. They cut heads off, we flush their favorite book. I'd rather have my book flushed.

Gandhi>Bush said:
The terrorists want us dead for many reasons, some of them legitimate. Google "why the terrorists hate us." When I did it, I got a very extensive list. Supporting Israel, other military actions, but mostly just indifference. We're rich they're poor. They're starving, we're obiece. Etc.

No.

Terrorism is directly correlated to political freedom. Not wealth, not food, but political freedom.

Thus, it logically follows that increasing political freedoms will curb terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom