• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

War on Drugs

Are we winning the war on drugs?

• Yes. We should keep doing what we are doing.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Yes, but we could do more.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • No. We should legalize certain drugs, like marijuana.

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No. We should legalize all drugs

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
If drugs were legalized, prices would plummet and purity would skyrocket. Addicts would no longer be behooved into committing as many crimes to finance their habit, and casual users would be able to maintain minimum wage jobs and still indulge. Laws regarding the children of alcohol addicts can be extended to addicts of other drugs; child negligence is child negligence, irregardless of the cause.

apathetic fools said:
Buddy, you are so wrong! Thousands of people are murdered everyday by the hard core drug user . I would not want to live in this country with "Meth heads, Crack heads, Coke heads" that are free to walk around and use. These crispy critters would sell their kids, for a hit. Since I've spoke of children, lets address that issue! They brutalize and subject their offspring to all manner of criminal activity.

That already happens anyway. I never had to lock myself in the bathroom to escape my father because of illegal drugs.

apathetic fools said:
Buddy, you are so wrong! Thousands of people are murdered everyday by the hard core drug user . I would not want to live in this country with "Meth heads, Crack heads, Coke heads" that are free to walk around and use.

These people already do freely walk around and use.

apathetic fools said:
These crispy critters would sell their kids, for a hit. Since I've spoke of children, lets address that issue! They brutalize and subject their offspring to all manner of criminal activity. Tell me, what happens then? They raise them immoral with little or no guidance, and then who pays? Who gets bullied, stabbed, raped, robbed, murdered? Those who have raised their children with values, and respect. The citizens that do all the working and struggling in this country! They increase our taxes with SSI and other assistance programs, not to mention the cost of what it takes to house them in prison. The cycle never stops because these hard core drugs rob the soul. Look outside the box :soap

You just described alcoholics to a tee. You seem to think that the law somehow has something to do with drug use. It is a simple law of supply and demand issue. That is why the war will never be won. You will never eliminate supply nor demand. We already have the model of prohibition to go off of. All it did was financially support crime syndacates, corrupt police, judges, and politicians, and cause the government to lose any control of the drug because it wan't regulated. Look at this logically and not emotionally and it is a no-brainer, Legalize it.

Legalizing hardcore drugs is wrong because people who try it are prone to addiction after one hit. That would mess up many people. I think that we legalize pot, but continue to enforce other drug laws.

Che said:
Legalizing hardcore drugs is wrong because people who try it are prone to addiction after one hit. That would mess up many people. I think that we legalize pot, but continue to enforce other drug laws.

What does the legal status of a drug have to do with whether someone tries it or not? Is the only reason you don't do a drug because it is illegal?

independent_thinker2002 said:
What does the legal status of a drug have to do with whether someone tries it or not? Is the only reason you don't do a drug because it is illegal?

It's harder to get and many people won't get it because they're afraid of getting caught

Yes, we are losing the war on drugs…but the government can do a drastic measures and win the war on drugs….all they would have to do is make a virus…that kills the plants of that drug…

Loxd4 said:
Yes, we are losing the war on drugs…but the government can do a drastic measures and win the war on drugs….all they would have to do is make a virus…that kills the plants of that drug…

Um. LSD and ecstasy are totally man-made and do you want to kill off chocolate as well as cocaine?

Che said:
It's harder to get and many people won't get it because they're afraid of getting caught

That's funny. I guess you don't realize that kids in school can get weed easier than they can get alcohol. You don't have to get it to try it. Have you ever heard of parties?

Back
Top Bottom