• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

War in Iraq not fighting terroism.

robin

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
WTF has Iraq to do with 911 ?
Threats of Iraqi WMD were grossly exagerated so Bush & Blair could get the war they so longed for.
Yes folks.. our fine upstanding Christian's Blair & Bush are total liars !
Apparently they choose to ignore 'Thou Shall not Lie' when it suits them to do so.
They are rather like Bin Laden who picks & chooses which bits of the Koran he chooses to follow & which bits he chooses to ignore.

The war in Iraq is simply inflaming muslims just like putting your boot into an ants nest. If you don't want to get bitten, then GTF out of it !

After all... did the whole world turn commi when you quit Nam ?.... Nope.. so you killed 2 million people, mostly women & children, for absolutely nothing !

Bush's phoney war on terror is self fullfilling. As long as you are there you will get attacked by people that aren't even a terrorist threat to mainland US. How many terrorist attacks have there been in USA since 911 due to Muslims ? .. non to my knowledge.
Bush's war is as phoney as the war on communism in the Americas was. Those countries trying to escape the fascist tyrrants installed by the CIA were never a threat to the USA. Just Like Saddam wasn't a threat to USA & didn't take part in 911.
What a friggin fuss about the 3k mostly yanks that died. A terrible shame but what must so many Iraqis now die when they had F... all to do with 911 ?

There is a 911 dead toll every day from malaria... mostly children but that doesn't matter of course cos they aren't God's chosen race...namely 'yanks'.

The war in Iraq is insane. It's all out of proportion to 911.. it's wholly inapropriate & it's doing nothing but inciting hate for the USA.

Why is it US presidents always have to be fighting a phoney war somewhere ?
Is it a way to unite the USA & keep the jingos happy ?

You know.. you all have to have someone to hate to unite you. Well even in that respect it's having the opposite effect. What a friggin disaster !

One other thing.. the crusaders like Blair & Bush that extol the virtues of fighting terror where terror as such doesn't even exist, never put their own lives on the line do they ?

They're chicken Sh** t.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I belive that we are in iraq for oil more then anything, and as far as im concered we, (the united states military) have a right to be over there, i also belive that the terrorist group was condensed over there and someone hade to take care of them.

robin said:
WTF has Iraq to do with 911 ?
Threats of Iraqi WMD were grossly exagerated so Bush & Blair could get the war they so longed for.
Yes folks.. our fine upstanding Christian's Blair & Bush are total liars !
Apparently they choose to ignore 'Thou Shall not Lie' when it suits them to do so.

Bush didn't "lie" to get us into Iraq. Every intelligence agency in the free world (not just the CIA or MoI compiled overwhelming evidence that Hussein had WMDs and the intent to use them. These intelligence reports had been accumulating over the last few years and Bill Clinton himself admited he would have done the same thing had he been in Bush's position after 9-11. And Saddam Hussein may not have had ties to Osama bin Laden but he did support and fund the al-Qaeda network along with the PLO. Unfortunately, it took a wake up call like 9-11 to make the American people realize that it will take military action to stop terrorism. Peace through diplomacy is a pipe dream, it always has been and always will be. That's reality. It's governments like Iran's and Syria's and Hussein's former regime that create terrorism in the first place. They oppress their people and then utilize government controlled media to glorify terrorism, bombarding impressionable youth with the hope of escape. These totalitarian governments are the root cause of terrorism and there's no choice but to change them to democracies.

robin said:
The war in Iraq is simply inflaming muslims just like putting your boot into an ants nest. If you don't want to get bitten, then GTF out of it !

I believe inflamed muslims crashed planes into the WTC and pentagon, killing 3,000 people, BEFORE we invaded Iraq... but I may be wrong.

robin said:
After all... did the whole world turn commi when you quit Nam ?.... Nope.. so you killed 2 million people, mostly women & children, for absolutely nothing !

I'm pretty sure it was Pol Pot who killed 2 million people between 1976 and 1979 after we pulled out of Vietnam and communism spread to Cambodia.

robin said:
Bush's phoney war on terror is self fullfilling. As long as you are there you will get attacked by people that aren't even a terrorist threat to mainland US. How many terrorist attacks have there been in USA since 911 due to Muslims ? .. non to my knowledge.

How many terrorist attacks have there been in USA since "Bush's phoney war on terror"? (That's what I got out of that question.)

robin said:
Bush's war is as phoney as the war on communism in the Americas was. Those countries trying to escape the fascist tyrrants installed by the CIA were never a threat to the USA.

I wasn't aware Fidel Castro was installed by the CIA. And those missles he allowed the Soviets to place in Cuba, they were just happy, candy filled missles, right? Just because we weren't attacked doesn't mean the threat didn't exist.

robin said:
Just Like Saddam wasn't a threat to USA & didn't take part in 911. What a friggin fuss about the 3k mostly yanks that died. A terrible shame but what must so many Iraqis now die when they had F... all to do with 911 ?

I direct you to my first post. And Saddam Hussein killed far more of his own people than have died in the current war in Iraq. Funny how more Iraqis support us being there now than Americans do.

robin said:
There is a 911 dead toll every day from malaria... mostly children but that doesn't matter of course cos they aren't God's chosen race...namely 'yanks'.

You're right, malaria and other diseases are devastating to countries in places like Africa. Like terrorism, the problem stems from corrupt governments in those countries. It's not like we're not helping them out, it's that these corrupt leaders utilize foreign aid for their own selfish benefit at the expense of their people. If you can think of a way to help every single one of those people without their government's cooperation, I'd like to hear it.

robin said:
The war in Iraq is insane. It's all out of proportion to 911.. it's wholly inapropriate & it's doing nothing but inciting hate for the USA

Oh, you sad, ignorant pawn of the mass media.

Here's a few things this "insane" war has done for that country in the past 2 years:

-47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq

-The Iraqi government now currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people

-3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq

-Iraq's higher educational structure now consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating

-The Iraqi Navy is fully operational. They have 5- 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment. (not very impressive but consider their miniscule coast line)

-Iraq's Air Force now consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers

-Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion

-The Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers

-There are now 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks

-There are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq. They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

-96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations.

-4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October.

-There are now 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%.

-Iraq now has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations.

-The Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004.

-2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently.

robin said:
You know.. you all have to have someone to hate to unite you.

You're right and this doesn't just apply to Americans. Sadly, this has been the human condition for all of known history.

robin said:
One other thing.. the crusaders like Blair & Bush that extol the virtues of fighting terror where terror as such doesn't even exist, never put their own lives on the line do they ?

They're chicken Sh** t.

I won't even dignify myself with a response to a statement as mindless as that.

robin said:
Have a nice day.

You too! :2wave:

Last edited:
after that stunning speech, i dont think he'll have any more objectives!:flame:

surftide said:
I belive that we are in iraq for oil more then anything, and as far as im concered we, (the united states military) have a right to be over there, i also belive that the terrorist group was condensed over there and someone hade to take care of them.

We have absolutely no right to be 'over there'. And all we have done is to increase terrorism. Wow, are we not a great country trying to shove Democracy down the throats of the people that don't want it?

The Real McCoy said:
Bush didn't "lie" to get us into Iraq. Every intelligence agency in the free world (not just the CIA or MoI compiled overwhelming evidence that Hussein had WMDs and the intent to use them.
I'd love to a citation for "[e]very intelligence agency in the free world" having "overwhelming evidence" that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US. So, if you happen to have such thing to back up your statement, pleae share.

The Real McCoy said:
Peace through diplomacy is a pipe dream, it always has been and always will be. That's reality.
Yeah. The only way to achieve peace is through war. War is peace.

The Real McCoy said:
Funny how more Iraqis support us being there now than Americans do.
May I also have a citation for this ostensibly humorous tidbit?

Simon W. Moon said:
I'd love to a citation for "[e]very intelligence agency in the free world" having "overwhelming evidence" that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US. So, if you happen to have such thing to back up your statement, pleae share.
Agreed. but remember that this has been the rhetoric from both sides, so it is basically accepted as fact now.
Even when the war is fabricated to stop nothing at all? There was peace before the war, remember? And don't call up terrorism because this war has nothing to do with the global war against terror, or whatever the catchphrase of the week is.
There is in fact anecdotal evidence to the exact contrary, so I don't know where he got that...did you listen to that reps remarks today?

Simon W. Moon said:

Unfortunately, over the long, sad course of history, humans have never been able to enjoy peace for long without periods of warfare.

Simon W. Moon said:

My mistake, that was a foolish statement. What I meant to say wasn't that more Iraqis supports us "being over there" (as 80% of them want us out) but that they support the ousting of Hussein and the liberation of their country.

ShamMol said:
Even when the war is fabricated to stop nothing at all? There was peace before the war, remember? And don't call up terrorism because this war has nothing to do with the global war against terror, or whatever the catchphrase of the week is.

Peace before the war? Tell that to the people of Israel who were being blown up on a daily basis by the PLO who were supported by Hussein. Only one of the many reasons we had to intervene in Iraq.

So, nothing for the "[e]very intelligence agency in the free world" having "overwhelming evidence" that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US?

Simon W. Moon said:
So, nothing for the "[e]very intelligence agency in the free world" having "overwhelming evidence" that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US?

"David Kay appeared before the Senate Armed Services Committee shortly after he resigned as special advisor to the Iraq Survey Group. Kay states, referring to the expectation that there would be substantial stocks of, and production lines for, chemical and biological weapons in Iraq, that "we were almost all wrong, and I certainly include myself here." He also notes that other foreign intelligence agencies, including the French and the German, also had believed that Iraq possessed such stocks and production lines. In addition, he discusses the issue of whether political pressure had any impact on the content of the October 2002 national intelligence estimate (Document 15). Kay also notes that "based on the work of the Iraq Survey Group … Iraq was in clear violation of the terms of [U.N.] Resolution 1441. He goes on to note the discovery of hundreds of instances of activities prohibited by U.N. Resolution 687" - http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB80/

Denmark reveals Iraq arms secrets: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3639977.stm

There's a couple, and I take back most of that statement. I exaggerated in trying to illustrate a point that the US and the UK weren't the only 2 countries supporting the WMD claims.

The Real McCoy said:
"David Kay http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB80/
Denmark reveals Iraq arms secrets: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3639977.stm
There's a couple, and I take back most of that statement. I exaggerated in trying to illustrate a point that the US and the UK weren't the only 2 countries supporting the WMD claims.
AFAICT, these allude to WMD, but they do not make the case that "that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US."

I didn't ask about the posession of WMD claims I asked about his intent to use his WMD against the US.

Simon W. Moon said:
AFAICT, these allude to WMD, but they do not make the case that "that Hussein had the intent to use his WMD against the US."

I didn't ask about the posession of WMD claims I asked about his intent to use his WMD against the US.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. That's what I meant when I said I take back most of that statement. All I meant was that the evidence for WMDs wasn't simply limited to American and British intel.

Back
Top Bottom