• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

War Criminals Must Be Held Accountable Throughout The World

It’s a distinction without difference for the corpses of innocent civilians it leaves behind.

Yes, agreed. But in prosecuting crimes, intentions matter.

Yes, agreed. But in prosecuting crimes, intentions matter.

So then you would be cool with prosecuting Biden and the operators of the drone for negligent homicide?

So then you would be cool with prosecuting Biden and the operators of the drone for negligent homicide?

As much as I would want to prosecute a police chief dealing with a hostage situation where some bystanders were killed.

As much as I would want to prosecute a police chief dealing with a hostage situation where some bystanders were killed.

If the police where looking for a gang member who had killed some cops and found out he was on a bus traveling to some club, then the police chief authorized the SWAT team to open fire on the bus killing everyone else on board and it turned out the gang member was never on board to begin with, I would hope you would want that police chief prosecuted.

The drone strike in Afghanistan wasn’t a metaphorical hostage situation. There was no immediate danger to anyone.

If the police where looking for a gang member who had killed some cops and found out he was on a bus traveling to some club, then the police chief authorized the SWAT team to open fire on the bus killing everyone else on board and it turned out the gang member was never on board to begin with, I would hope you would want that police chief prosecuted.

Sure, I would consider it. It depends on the details of what exactly happened, and why, and who knew what when, etc…that’s what trials are for. But again, would you consider that police chief to be the same the same as someone who just deliberately took a machine gun to a random bus for intimidation purposes?

Sure, I would consider it. It depends on the details of what exactly happened, and why, and who knew what when, etc…that’s what trials are for. But again, would you consider that police chief to be the same the same as someone who just deliberately took a machine gun to a random bus for intimidation purposes?

When they both sit in a cell for the rest of their lives, the distinction matters as little as it did to the corpses dead by their hand.

Putin is a war criminal that needs to be held accountable.

Additionally, I'm willing to indict Bush, Cheney for war crimes for invading Iraq under false pretenses, and the CIA for their black site torture program.

I also support rewarding Snowden, Manning, and Assange for exposing the truth.

When they both sit in a cell for the rest of their lives, the distinction matters as little as it did to the corpses dead by their hand.

That’s not how the legal system works.

That’s not how the legal system works.

The results are what matter in this case. I don’t care what charge results in both people ending up in prison for the rest of their lives for the innocents they killed, only that they do.

Back
Top Bottom