• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WaPo: Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy

Sort of. I teach it.

I couldn't agree more! She's a horrible candidate, corrupt as anyone! The sad part is there is NO ONE else left in the race.

Trump? He's the answer? Know what he said in his acceptance speech?....you're a fan I'm sure you do. He promised to "end crime!" and people cheered! Thank God! For thousands of years we've been waiting for the one person who could come along and end all crime! He even went a step further and said, "and I'm the only one who can do it!"

Can you just answer two very, very simple questions for me? Pretty please? (1) Do you truly believe that he can and will END CRIME in America? and (2) If so, how exactly do you propose that he will do this?

yeah...this is the kind of evidence one tends to point to when pointing out Trump's incompetence.

yes, I heard the speech and cheered the focus on ending PC as we know it and that will go along way towards reducing crime. He will give the states the support they need and stop catering to the squeaky wheel. Better border control will also help and actually prosecuting the illegals who keep getting deported and returning.

Yes, I believe he has the leadership to get things done

yes, I heard the speech and cheered the focus on ending PC as we know it and that will go along way towards reducing crime. He will give the states the support they need and stop catering to the squeaky wheel. Better border control will also help and actually prosecuting the illegals who keep getting deported and returning.

Yes, I believe he has the leadership to get things done
As predicted you failed to answer my two very simple questions. The Kool-Aid is good isn't it?

Sort of. I teach it.

I couldn't agree more! She's a horrible candidate, corrupt as anyone! The sad part is there is NO ONE else left in the race.

Trump? He's the answer? Know what he said in his acceptance speech?....you're a fan I'm sure you do. He promised to "end crime!" and people cheered! Thank God! For thousands of years we've been waiting for the one person who could come along and end all crime! He even went a step further and said, "and I'm the only one who can do it!"

Can you just answer two very, very simple questions for me? Pretty please? (1) Do you truly believe that he can and will END CRIME in America? and (2) If so, how exactly do you propose that he will do this?

yeah...this is the kind of evidence one tends to point to when pointing out Trump's incompetence.

By the way if you teach civics you would know that we have three equal branches of govt. that provides the checks and balances required. Unfortunately Obama doesn't understand basic civics nor do most of his supporters

As predicted you failed to answer my two very simple questions. The Kool-Aid is good isn't it?

I did answer the questions, get some help with reading. Ending Political correctness, prosecuting illegals, providing support to the states, stop pandering to the entitlement crowd, put personal responsibility back on the front burner.

By the way if you teach civics you would know that we have three equal branches of govt. that provides the checks and balances required. Unfortunately Obama doesn't understand basic civics nor do most of his supporters
Agreed but I could care less about Obama. He's yesterday's news. If you are truly concerned about preserving the US Constitution as you seem to claim, perhaps you need to take a very long look at the things The Donald is proposing.

He also said, and I quote, "Those in the party who fail to endorse me should be punished.....they should never be allowed to run for office again."

3 more simple questions for you that you wont directly answer: (1) Do you deny that's what he said? (2) Does suppressing people who don't support you by not allowing them to run for office, comply with the constitution? and (3) Do you support this proposal?

It's that lack of humidity that keeps me here in So Cal. Although event's are beginning to narrow that lead.

80 degrees, and the fog is just now burning off. I am fortunate to live where I do, but the negatives are getting difficult to ignore.

Isn't that always the case? I'm sure you love where you are in Ohio, but then there are days like to day.

We're more geared to the minus-20 degree days around here, and I don't doubt when Winter rolls around again, we'll see those too! *muttering to herself about unfairness since she can't change a thing!*

I did answer the questions, get some help with reading. Ending Political correctness, prosecuting illegals, providing support to the states, stop pandering to the entitlement crowd, put personal responsibility back on the front burner.
No, you didn't answer the questions directly. I will try once more.
So Trump can and will end crime in America as he clearly stated on stage? So after four years, after he's elected....even eight, should he be reelected....America will be crime free? And He's the only one who can accomplish this? Well Hallelujah!!!

Just a simple YES and YES, and YES is all I need to see at this point.

We're more geared to the minus-20 degree days around here, and I don't doubt when Winter rolls around again, we'll see those too! *muttering to herself about unfairness since she can't change a thing!*

Hmmm. minus-20.... I am a serious lightweight when the back porch becomes the place to store frozen goods.....:eek:

That's all in the OP. If you could be bothered to read it, you'd know.

I did read it which is why I said it was fiction and subjective. Seems everyone wants the same people over and over again expecting a different result. Trump is a lot more qualified and has actual accomplishments which you cannot say about Hillary

Agreed but I could care less about Obama. He's yesterday's news. If you are truly concerned about preserving the US Constitution as you seem to claim, perhaps you need to take a very long look at the things The Donald is proposing.

He also said, and I quote, "Those in the party who fail to endorse me should be punished.....they should never be allowed to run for office again."

3 more simple questions for you that you wont directly answer: (1) Do you deny that's what he said? (2) Does suppressing people who don't support you by not allowing them to run for office, comply with the constitution? and (3) Do you support this proposal?

The things Donald is proposing has to pass the Congress as most people who have taken civics understands.

Answer, no I don't deny what he said and agree with most of them. We need to put America first, gain respect through strength, and put the rule of law back into this country

How will Donald Suppress people who don't agree with him? He cannot prevent people from running for office

I support his plan to put America first, to restore our credibility in the world, to use his business experience to generate real jobs in the private sector not part time jobs as Obama has done. Trump has actually had to deal with a budget and we cannot continue on the path we are on now.

No, you didn't answer the questions directly. I will try once more.
So Trump can and will end crime in America as he clearly stated on stage? So after four years, after he's elected....even eight, should he be reelected....America will be crime free? And He's the only one who can accomplish this? Well Hallelujah!!!

Just a simple YES and YES, and YES is all I need to see at this point.

Putting crime on the front burner, providing support to the states by enforcing immigration laws and prosecuting those who break them, focusing on job creation for the African Americans, and by supporting our police does exactly what he promised. YES, I support Trump as my choice is Hillary and there is no comparison between the two. Trump is indeed qualified, not by liberal standards, but that makes him qualified by American standards

I did read it which is why I said it was fiction and subjective. Seems everyone wants the same people over and over again expecting a different result. Trump is a lot more qualified and has actual accomplishments which you cannot say about Hillary

No, it's not fiction. You can pretend that it is to your heart's content, but that won't change the reality of it.

I notice you're unable to rebut the Op Ed with specifics about its contents.

How unsurprising.

...except that Hillary is at least qualified for the position and does her homework. You may not like her politics, but its hard to argue she lacks the experience.

I disagree with her being qualified. As SoS, her judgement and decisions led to the destabilization of the Middle East to the mess that it currently is in. Add to that the joke that her 'Russian Reset' was and has become. Where do you get that she's 'qualified' by any measure?

Putting crime on the front burner, providing support to the states by enforcing immigration laws and prosecuting those who break them, focusing on job creation for the African Americans, and by supporting our police does exactly what he promised. YES, I support Trump as my choice is Hillary and there is no comparison between the two. Trump is indeed qualified, not by liberal standards, but that makes him qualified by American standards
I didn't ask you to summarize his platform....I already know it. I asked simple yes or no questions. You see, for you Trump supporters, its a conundrum. I don't fault you for wanting to improve America, I do too!

But when you step back and think about what Donald actually says....if you answer "YES" that you do believe he can build the wall and make Mexico pay, or "YES" you do believe that he can end all crime in America as he says.......you come across as completely INSANE.

On the contrary, if you answer "NO" because you believe he's full of horse sh** and just good at running his mouth........well then you'd have to admit your candidate is a phony just like most candidates....a smooth talker (like Obama) but just an empty suit with fancy words.

I support his plan to put America first, to restore our credibility in the world, to use his business experience to generate real jobs in the private sector not part time jobs as Obama has done. Trump has actually had to deal with a budget and we cannot continue on the path we are on now.
You still didn't answer any of my questions directly except for one. But that's fine. I never really expected a direct answer from a Trump supporter. None have been able to give them yet. Lets just focus on this part of your response. Surprisingly, I agree with the platform! Put America first! Job creation! Secure borders!

But I have to ask....how, SPECIFICALLY (because POTUS is a very specific kind of job with specific duties, obligations, and limitation) does he plan on doing any of this? Has he offered any real credible proposals for bringing money and jobs home? Don't tell me by raising tariffs......anyone who passed economics 101 and has a basic understanding of history and world markets knows that this will have the opposite effect.

What about securing the border? The wall? What sane person believes this will ever get built....let alone with Mexican money and labor? He now seems to be going back on the whole "Mexican angle"......... Because he's a "businessman" and he can get things done? Sorry, that's not good enough for me. Mark Cuban (a REAL businessman) even called Trump a phony and a "showman" who has no real experience running businesses day-to-day. He EXPLOITS businesses and workers for profit. That's all he's ever proven. Heck, he wont even release his tax returns......we have no validation of WHAT he's actually worth. You don't have any problem with that?? All we KNOW is that he's now all over social media begging for campaign donations.

So, how's it all going to get done?........ Because he says it will? Because he's "Donald Trump'? Sorry if I'm a bit cynical, but I'm just old fashioned I guess. I believe words are often hollow and that the "proof is in the putting."

No, it's not fiction. You can pretend that it is to your heart's content, but that won't change the reality of it.

I notice you're unable to rebut the Op Ed with specifics about its contents.

How unsurprising.

I noticed that nothing I say is ever going to change your mind so it is a waste of time. The choice is quite clear, it is going to be Hillary or Trump. I will go with the guy with actual business experience both good and bad and someone who understands how to deal with a budget as well as make tough choices to get results. To say he is unqualified because he doesn't meet the leftwing standards to me is a big plus

I didn't ask you to summarize his platform....I already know it. I asked simple yes or no questions. You see, for you Trump supporters, its a conundrum. I don't fault you for wanting to improve America, I do too!

But when you step back and think about what Donald actually says....if you answer "YES" that you do believe he can build the wall and make Mexico pay, or "YES" you do believe that he can end all crime in America as he says.......you come across as completely INSANE.

On the contrary, if you answer "NO" because you believe he's full of horse sh** and just good at running his mouth........well then you'd have to admit your candidate is a phony just like most candidates....a smooth talker (like Obama) but just an empty suit with fancy words.

I do not believe Trump will get the funds to build a wall but I do believe he will enforce immigration laws and that is better than what we have now. I don't give a damn what someone says but rather what someone has done or will do. The Hillary record vs. Trump is no contest especially when it comes to management and leadership skills something the left will never understand

you are a typical liberal who cannot admit it as you buy rhetoric and ignore substance.

You still didn't answer any of my questions directly except for one. But that's fine. I never really expected a direct answer from a Trump supporter. None have been able to give them yet. Lets just focus on this part of your response. Surprisingly, I agree with the platform! Put America first! Job creation! Secure borders!

But I have to ask....how, SPECIFICALLY (because POTUS is a very specific kind of job with specific duties, obligations, and limitation) does he plan on doing any of this? Has he offered any real credible proposals for bringing money and jobs home? Don't tell me by raising tariffs......anyone who passed economics 101 and has a basic understanding of history and world markets knows that this will have the opposite effect.

What about securing the border? The wall? What sane person believes this will ever get built....let alone with Mexican money and labor? He now seems to be going back on the whole "Mexican angle"......... Because he's a "businessman" and he can get things done? Sorry, that's not good enough for me. Mark Cuban (a REAL businessman) even called Trump a phony and a "showman" who has no real experience running businesses day-to-day. He EXPLOITS businesses and workers for profit. That's all he's ever proven. Heck, he wont even release his tax returns......we have no validation of WHAT he's actually worth. You don't have any problem with that?? All we KNOW is that he's now all over social media begging for campaign donations.

So, how's it all going to get done?........ Because he says it will? Because he's "Donald Trump'? Sorry if I'm a bit cynical, but I'm just old fashioned I guess. I believe words are often hollow and that the "proof is in the putting."

I guess you don't believe enforcing immigration laws and providing support to the states is going to reduce crime. I do. You don't believe Trump has the management and leadership skills to get things done, I do. You want to ignore basic civics and I don't. You don't have to build a wall to enforce immigration laws and enforcing them will be the wall

I do not believe Trump will get the funds to build a wall but I do believe he will enforce immigration laws and that is better than what we have now. I don't give a damn what someone says but rather what someone has done or will do. The Hillary record vs. Trump is no contest especially when it comes to management and leadership skills something the left will never understand

you are a typical liberal who cannot admit it as you buy rhetoric and ignore substance.
So stereotypical. Toss out the "liberal label" grenade and run for cover. I'm no where near "a liberal". I happen to consider myself to be both a Reagan Republican in some regards and a Kennedy Democrat in others if you want to know. And don't you dare go comparing Trump to Reagan!......or Kennedy for that matter.

I guess you don't believe enforcing immigration laws and providing support to the states is going to reduce crime. I do. You don't believe Trump has the management and leadership skills to get things done, I do. You want to ignore basic civics and I don't. You don't have to build a wall to enforce immigration laws and enforcing them will be the wall
Oh, so now its not a "literal" wall.....just a "figurative" one? I see.

Perhaps Trump should clarify that little point to his worshippers? Just a suggestion. :shrug:

The country loses in November with Hillary in the WH. Liberalism dies hard and if it doesn't the country does. We cannot sustain the current debt and growth.
More of the same with Hillary isn't an option

Come back after she spends 8 years in the White House and tell us all about it.

:lol:

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

I noticed that nothing I say is ever going to change your mind so it is a waste of time. The choice is quite clear, it is going to be Hillary or Trump. I will go with the guy with actual business experience both good and bad and someone who understands how to deal with a budget as well as make tough choices to get results. To say he is unqualified because he doesn't meet the leftwing standards to me is a big plus

I accept your admission that you can't back up your own statements.

Thanks for coming around to seeing things my way and confessing that you have nothing behind your bluster.

I guess you don't believe enforcing immigration laws and providing support to the states is going to reduce crime. I do.
You don't believe Trump has the management and leadership skills to get things done, I do.
You want to ignore basic civics and I don't. You don't have to build a wall to enforce immigration laws and enforcing them will be the wall

You're dreaming.

The only way that Trump will ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.Wait and see.

:lol:

The same Trump hate and fear that causes people like you to support Trump will cause a lot of other people to vote against him.

So stereotypical. Toss out the "liberal label" grenade and run for cover. I'm no where near "a liberal". I happen to consider myself to be both a Reagan Republican in some regards and a Kennedy Democrat in others if you want to know. And don't you dare go comparing Trump to Reagan!......or Kennedy for that matter.

I was a JFK Democrat and a Reagan Republican. I will go through fire and storms to work towards keeping that habitual liar and incompetent Hillary out of the WH. Trump wasn't my choice but he is a better alternative and not beholden to anyone. Anyone that pisses off the Establishment Democrats and Republicans has my support

Back
Top Bottom