• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WaPo: Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is scathing and very unusual just after a convention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.
[His]lack of experience might be overcome if Mr. Trump saw it as a handicap worth overcoming. But he displays no curiosity, reads no books and appears to believe he needs no advice. In fact, what makes Mr. Trump so unusual is his combination of extreme neediness and unbridled arrogance. He is desperate for affirmation but contemptuous of other views. He also is contemptuous of fact. Throughout the campaign, he has unspooled one lie after another — that Muslims in New Jersey celebrated after 9/11, that his tax-cut plan would not worsen the deficit, that he opposed the Iraq War before it started — and when confronted with contrary evidence, he simply repeats the lie. It is impossible to know whether he convinces himself of his own untruths or knows that he is wrong and does not care. It is also difficult to know which trait would be more frightening in a commander in chief.

Trumpeteers response: yeah well... Did you know Hillary is just a bitch?

I should have expect that instead of an intelligent and thoughtful response I would get something juvenile and characteristically Trumpian.

Had the OP contained something intelligent and thoughtful, I would have responded in kind.

It's laughable blather from a ideologically crippled source, and deserves exactly the response I provided.

Had the OP contained something intelligent and thoughtful, I would have responded in kind.

It's laughable blather from a ideologically crippled source, and deserves exactly the response I provided.

As we all know you prefer articles that claim Africa is nothing more than AIDS and Ebola... :roll:

Those who support Trump blatantly ignore the fact he's a disaster of a candidate and he'd be a disaster of a president.

That's not some partisan opinion, that isn't some outlandish statement... In the real world, outside the right wing bizarro universe bubble... Trump and those who support him are thoroughly misguided individuals.

As we all know you prefer articles that claim Africa is nothing more than AIDS and Ebola... :roll:

Those who support Trump blatantly ignore the fact he's a disaster of a candidate and he'd be a disaster of a president.

That's not some partisan opinion, that isn't some outlandish statement... In the real world, outside the right wing bizarro universe bubble... Trump and those who support him are thoroughly misguided individuals.

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm sorry you continue to be fixated by a post from years ago that you continue to lie about.

I'm afraid the real world is a concept that appears to be completely foreign to you.

:peace

Had the OP contained something intelligent and thoughtful, I would have responded in kind. [q/uote]

The OP did contain things both thoughful and intelligent. You responded with emotionally laden nonsense that doesn't rationally apply. Simply stating facts is not a dog whistle. Perhaps you might understand terms before using them? You'd embarrass yourself less that way.

It's laughable blather from a ideologically crippled source, and deserves exactly the response I provided.[/QUOTE]

Clearly it's frightened you to the point where you have no raitonal or honest response.

Nothing new there.

:lamo

The irony explodes from your post, as well as the apparent emotion that resulted in you butchering the format.

WaPo is a tool of the left, and it's bias is well understood. It's opinion piece insults the intelligence of 10's of millions of voters, so obviously it is nothing more than a dog whistle for the ideologues who share it's political leaning.

That you can't see, or admit this fact, is nothing new to me.

Who cares what the liberal media thinks of Trump. Their influence consists of it's content being put on line for other like thinkers to read. Locally, most people read the newspaper for sports and local events, not national news.

Think about this:

I write an editorial critical of Trump. Drudge or some other aggregator picks it up because they hate Trump, too. Now others read it and blog about it. Now it it becomes a "thing".

It's not a "thing". It's an editorial by a liberal newspaper and will not move the needle one bit because that is what people expect them to say.

WaPo even wrote an editorial bitching that Trump deviated from what was released to the press. What's such a big deal? The big deal, is they had their rebuttal all written ready to load into the **** cannon, and Trump tricked them! LOL

A "dark" speech... LOL:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-remarks-accepting-the-republican-nomination/

:lamo

The irony explodes from your post, as well as the apparent emotion that resulted in you butchering the format.

WaPo is a tool of the left, and it's bias is well understood. It's opinion piece insults the intelligence of 10's of millions of voters, so obviously it is nothing more than a dog whistle for the ideologues who share it's political leaning.

That you can't see, or admit this fact, is nothing new to me.

Ah, yes, I formatted that poorly.

Nevertheless, your intellectual cowardice and dishonesty duly noted.

It wasn't a dog whistle, no matter how much you wish it were, and you're simply so frightened of its content you can't address it.

him said:
It wasn't a dog whistle, no matter how much you wish it were, and you're simply so frightened of its content you can't address it.

What kind of a whistle was it?
And how do you read someone's mind to determine their intent? You should be a detective. The LAPD is always hiring.

Ah, yes, I formatted that poorly.

Nevertheless, your intellectual cowardice and dishonesty duly noted.

LOL

Please. Do you really think your insults are going to accomplish anything?

The WaPo appeals to a narrow ideologically constrained readership. That is their decision, and if that is what their business model directs them to do, so be it.

When they publish this type of BS, do they actually think anyone but their ideologically pure followers will moved by it? Of course not. It's just a dog whistle. They are counting on their blather being repeated. Think click bait.

So again, if there was something of value in the OP, some intellectually based revelations, I would respond in kind. There is none. It's just click bait, so therefore I treat it as such.

Now, do try to come up with some kind of response that can't be found on the walls of a high school bathroom.

LOL

Please. Do you really think your insults are going to accomplish anything?

What insults? It's clear you're terrified about the contents to the point that you can't actually address them and are forced to dishonestly mischaracterize them.
The WaPo appeals to a narrow ideologically constrained readership. That is their decision, and if that is what their business model directs them to do, so be it.

Utterly irrelevant to the opinion piece in the OP and what it states.
When they publish this type of BS, do they actually think anyone but their ideologically pure followers will moved by it? Of course not. It's just a dog whistle. They are counting on their blather being repeated. Think click bait.

It's a well-reasoned, detailed and nuanced analysis of Trump, and please stop trying to use words you don't understand. It's neither a dog-whistle nor click bait. It upeneds your worship of Trump and clearly that makes you uncomfy.
So again, if there was something of value in the OP, some intellectually based revelations, I would respond in kind. There is none. It's just click bait, so therefore I treat it as such.

LOL! There is that in the OP. You simply lack the ability to address it.
Now, do try to come up with some kind of response that can't be found on the walls of a high school bathroom.

I don't have to. You're clearly afraid of addressing what it said, and are compelled to dishonestly portrary what it is and what it says.

That says all anyone has to hear about your ability or desire to respond honestly.

What insults? It's clear you're terrified about the contents to the point that you can't actually address them and are forced to dishonestly mischaracterize them.

Utterly irrelevant to the opinion piece in the OP and what it states.

It's a well-reasoned, detailed and nuanced analysis of Trump, and please stop trying to use words you don't understand. It's neither a dog-whistle nor click bait. It upeneds your worship of Trump and clearly that makes you uncomfy.

LOL! There is that in the OP. You simply lack the ability to address it.

I don't have to. You're clearly afraid of addressing what it said, and are compelled to dishonestly portrary what it is and what it says.

That says all anyone has to hear about your ability or desire to respond honestly.

graffiti.jpg

Greetings, ocean515. :2wave:

Restroom wall? :thumbs: In reading some of the stuff scribbled there, I see some potential future employees of several newspapers and magazines we're all familiar with... :lamo

Hi Polgara :2wave:

I was impressed to learn of your delegate duties. Very cool.

As to the wall, yes, clearly there are some future Pulitzer prize winners among the authors displayed. I bet WaPo would be interested.

And some of you will be surprised when he doesn't.

Better buff up your crystal ball, Madame Shrubnose. It's not all that clear what it's trying to say
!

Come back and tell us all about it after Trump gets his butt handed to him in November.

I'm looking forward to reading all of the 'woulda,coulda,shouldas that the sore losers will be putting out.

:lol:

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm sorry you continue to be fixated by a post from years ago that you continue to lie about.

I'm afraid the real world is a concept that appears to be completely foreign to you.

:peace

As if Hillary presidency wouldn't be worse. Just one of those elections I guess.

Back
Top Bottom