• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WaPo: Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy

Does it matter what he said or what he does? Why aren't you concerned about what Hillary said and what Hillary has done? Why do you have a problem with Trump defending this country by all means necessary. Do you truly believe that innocent civilians who are harboring ISIS are truly innocent? If those innocent civilians really cared they would do something about ISIS instead of trying to convert other countries into a Caliphate. I have no problem whatsoever being proactive to prevent another 9/11 or worse. Only in the liberal world do you react AFTER thousands of Americans are killed. I learned to be proactive instead of reactive. Are we safer today than when Obama took office?

Look my man, I support your right to support whomever you choose to. I'd even fight to defend your right to choose candidates whom I detest. I love my country. I'm a proud US Army veteran who served in combat and would gladly do so again to defend the rights of all Americans, on the Left or Right. So please don't question my love of nor dedication to my country.

I am simply using this forum to point out inconsistencies that I see and the phenomenon of voters who apparently follow candidates blindly and refuse to acknowledge glaringly obvious problems with and inconsistencies in said candidates.

I'm also a teacher, and you've got one big thing wrong. The biggest problem that we face in this nation is that we are waging a war on ignorance....and we appear to be losing. Someone will have to take a stand at some point. Its just my opinion, based on his past and what I've heard him say, that Trump isn't the answer we need. If you don't respect my right to vet him and criticize his flaws....well I'm sorry. Get over it dude.

Sorry, but you are going to get one of them and my choice is Trump. Again the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. That is Hillary, same old same old, lying politician who is incompetent
I will openly defend neither. And I refuse to campaign for either. I wish we had better choices.

That being said, if these are the only 2 real choices, I'd rather see Hillary in the Whitehouse. Like my Pal, Fiddytree pointed out in another post, a Hillary administration would be quite "tame" in comparison......and in my opinion, sometimes "safe" is just the rational way to go.

Being a non politician and a private sector manager certainly is a qualification

He sure acts like a politician the way he tells one lie after another. I think he's even bribed a few politicians....and bragged about it.

The way Trump has managed his campaign more than proves he is not qualified to manage a country in any way, shape or form. The only thing he's good at is putting his name on things that he didn't build and bragging about himself. Hell, anyone can do that if they have a rich daddy to give them seed money and bail out them out when they go bankrupt after running their businesses into the ground...like Trump did. Even Trump's tax plan would bankrupt the country....and we won't have his daddy to bail us out.

Look my man, I support your right to support whomever you choose to. I'd even fight to defend your right to choose candidates whom I detest. I love my country. I'm a proud US Army veteran who served in combat and would gladly do so again to defend the rights of all Americans, on the Left or Right. So please don't question my love of nor dedication to my country.

I am simply using this forum to point out inconsistencies that I see and the phenomenon of voters who apparently follow candidates blindly and refuse to acknowledge glaringly obvious problems with and inconsistencies in said candidates.

I'm also a teacher, and you've got one big thing wrong. The biggest problem that we face in this nation is that we are waging a war on ignorance....and we appear to be losing. Someone will have to take a stand at some point. Its just my opinion, based on his past and what I've heard him say, that Trump isn't the answer we need. If you don't respect my right to vet him and criticize his flaws....well I'm sorry. Get over it dude.

Thank you for your service, my dad was a Pearl Harbor and my father in law was at Normandy, I served during the Vietnam War. I don't blindly follow anyone, I use logic and common sense. We are indeed waging a war on ignorance, people who don't understand basic civics, economics, or have any logic and common sense. How anyone can support Hillary is beyond comprehension to me and although Trump was NEVER my choice he beats that alternative and his experience in the private sector will be an asset to him in the private sector economy and in foreign policy. Criticize away but the fact remains, it is going to be Hillary or Trump and you have given no reason whatsoever nor can you to support Hillary. Her record, her incompetence, her lying destroy any credibility one has for supporting her

I will openly defend neither. And I refuse to campaign for either. I wish we had better choices.

That being said, if these are the only 2 real choices, I'd rather see Hillary in the Whitehouse. Like my Pal, Fiddytree pointed out in another post, a Hillary administration would be quite "tame" in comparison......and in my opinion, sometimes "safe" is just the rational way to go.

So you believe it will be tame, we are forming another bubble, ISIS is as strong as ever, we will have a 20 trillion dollar debt when Obama leaves office, inflation is on the rise and you support an incompetent. That is illogical and if that is the way you teach then I fear for your students. It is hardly safe to elect an incompetent in today's world

He sure acts like a politician the way he tells one lie after another. I think he's even bribed a few politicians....and bragged about it.

The way Trump has managed his campaign more than proves he is not qualified to manage a country in any way, shape or form. The only thing he's good at is putting his name on things that he didn't build and bragging about himself. Hell, anyone can do that if they have a rich daddy to give them seed money and bail out them out when they go bankrupt after running their businesses into the ground...like Trump did. Even Trump's tax plan would bankrupt the country....and we won't have his daddy to bail us out.

As a typical liberal you totally ignore economic growth and the benefits that growth generates in tax revenue. it is absolutely stunning how indoctrinated the left is today and hard it is to defeat such a failed ideology. You have no idea what kind of President Trump will be but we do know from the record what kind Hillary will be. You deserve Hillary and four more years of Obama, the rest of the country doesn't but then again actual results don't matter and perception is reality

He is totally a politician. He just was able to successfully convince his base that he isn't.

That is your opinion but since he has never held public office that to me is a plus especially since he made his millions in the private sector not the public sector like Hillary. Anyone that can piss off the establishment in both parties has my support. It is time for some tough love and you leftists aren't going to like the results.

He is totally a politician. He just was able to successfully convince his base that he isn't.

The oddest thing to me is that politician has now become such a slur that the American people would give the most demanding job in the world to someone who hasn't had to do anything with government at any level.

As a typical liberal you totally ignore economic growth and the benefits that growth generates in tax revenue. it is absolutely stunning how indoctrinated the left is today and hard it is to defeat such a failed ideology. You have no idea what kind of President Trump will be but we do know from the record what kind Hillary will be. You deserve Hillary and four more years of Obama, the rest of the country doesn't but then again actual results don't matter and perception is reality

I'm stunned to see a conservative advocate for taxing economic growth to pay for benefits. So when did you become indoctrinated to Keynesian economic theory?

It's precisely because we know what kind of president Hillary will be like that makes her more qualified than Trump. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't..

The oddest thing to me is that politician has now become such a slur that the American people would give the most demanding job in the world to someone who hasn't had to do anything with government at any level.

Actually the oddest thing to me is how someone would continue to support a pure politician when that politician was part of the problem we have today which will be a 20 trillion dollar debt, high dependence by far too many, and a world that has Political correctness run amuck

I'm stunned to see a conservative advocate for taxing economic growth to pay for benefits. So when did you become indoctrinated to Keynesian economic theory?

It's precisely because we know what kind of president Hillary will be like that makes her more qualified than Trump. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't..

What the hell are you talking about, economic growth isn't being taxed it is not only generating wealth for the individual but creating less need for liberals. The results however are more govt. revenue which happens all the time

I guess competence doesn't matter to you as you continue to buy what the habitual liar Hillary tells you.

Actually the oddest thing to me is how someone would continue to support a pure politician when that politician was part of the problem we have today which will be a 20 trillion dollar debt, high dependence by far too many, and a world that has Political correctness run amuck

How exactly is Hillary responsible for the mounting public debt? In the last 10 years, how much personal impact has she had on the federal budget?

That is your opinion but since he has never held public office that to me is a plus especially since he made his millions in the private sector not the public sector like Hillary. Anyone that can piss off the establishment in both parties has my support. It is time for some tough love and you leftists aren't going to like the results.
He's also bankrupted at least 3 companies and has lost hundreds of millions in the private sector. He's hired illegal aliens to perform work and then has refused to pay them. He gambles with other people's money! Hell, we really don't know how "successful" he currently is, because HE WONT RELEASE HIS DAMNED TAX RETURNS for the past two years.

Why is it that no one on your side seems to be concerned about these things when touting his "skills" as a businessman?

Why is it that no one on your side seems to be concerned about these things when touting his "skills" as a businessman?

Because conservatives became populists long ago, tossing aside their brains. All that matters is he isn't part of the political "establishment." Perhaps there's some side satisfaction, some ego boost, to suggest for the average American that they too can be important in politics without doing it.

Anyone who's afraid of Donald Trump is probably afraid of Santa Claus too ;-)

I have faith in the American people and firmly believe that most people know Right from Wrong,
and that most people will vote with their conscience and not some selfish personal agenda.

Ted...is that you? lol

What the hell are you talking about, economic growth isn't being taxed it is not only generating wealth for the individual but creating less need for liberals. The results however are more govt. revenue which happens all the time

I guess competence doesn't matter to you as you continue to buy what the habitual liar Hillary tells you.

Well... WTF were you talking about when you said: "..economic growth and the benefits that growth generates in tax revenue." ?

Where the hell do you think tax revenue comes from if it doesn't come from tax on economic earnings?

How exactly is Hillary responsible for the mounting public debt? In the last 10 years, how much personal impact has she had on the federal budget?

You really have no idea what Hillary has done, do you? She was a Senator for NY and of course had nothing to do with the budget, right? She was a Cabinet head and had nothing to do with the budget for her department, right? She has absolutely NO leadership skills whatsoever or management skills. You telling me you are a teacher?

He's also bankrupted at least 3 companies and has lost hundreds of millions in the private sector. He's hired illegal aliens to perform work and then has refused to pay them. He gambles with other people's money! Hell, we really don't know how "successful" he currently is, because HE WONT RELEASE HIS DAMNED TAX RETURNS for the past two years.

He is also a billionaire and came out of those bankruptcies learning from each of them. Losing millions in the private sector is a personal lost not a taxpayer loss. You really buy the leftwing spin, don't you

Because conservatives became populists long ago, tossing aside their brains. All that matters is he isn't part of the political "establishment." Perhaps there's some side satisfaction, some ego boost, to suggest for the average American that they too can be important in politics without doing it.

So the average American is a billionaire and a management of a huge corporation? You would elect a habitual liar under FBI Scrutiny just to keep the status quo?

Well... WTF were you talking about when you said: "..economic growth and the benefits that growth generates in tax revenue." ?

Where the hell do you think tax revenue comes from if it doesn't come from tax on economic earnings?

You really don't understand the economy, do you? Reagan created 17 million jobs that generated a 60+% increase in FIT revenue with three years of tax cuts. Reagan's debt was 1.7 trillion on a 5.2 trillion dollar economy. The last Reagan budget was 1 trillion dollars, Obama proposed a 4.1 trillion budget and Hillary has no experience whatsoever in management of any budget

And this is the woman you would give the most demanding job in the world to, someone not smart enough to know her husband was having an affair and a habitual liar

Lewinsky allegedly freaked out at Clinton’s affair with Mondale’s daughter | New York Post

We can only hope that the day's of the least educated selecting our president is over, the last two got us the clueless one. It's all about security and the economy, neither of which Hillary has any fresh ideas about.

Back
Top Bottom