• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

WaPo: Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy

My response, you probably can't trust the WaPo.
Maybe I'm wrong though.

The email leaks allege to show that they and the DNC held an unlisted fundraiser together.

No one is asking you to "trust" the Washington Post. Its an op/ed (opinion piece), much like most of the posts on DP. Its well articulated and reasonably well documented. One should read and consider. What you do beyond that is up to you.

No one is asking you to "trust" the Washington Post. Its an op/ed (opinion piece), much like most of the posts on DP. Its well articulated and reasonably well documented. One should read and consider. What you do beyond that is up to you.

Maybe I should, but at this moment the character of the people who wrote it is in question.
It would be hard for me to seriously consider it.

As if Hillary presidency wouldn't be worse. Just one of those elections I guess.

...except that Hillary is at least qualified for the position and does her homework. You may not like her politics, but its hard to argue she lacks the experience.

Maybe I should, but at this moment the character of the people who wrote it is in question.
It would be hard for me to seriously consider it.

Just read it and consider it.... especially consider that its core message is not unique. You will find a great many, on both sides of the aisle that say the same or similar things.

Just read it and consider it.... especially consider that its core message is not unique. You will find a great many, on both sides of the aisle that say the same or similar things.

Knowing what I know right this minute, there is not a chance in hell I'd ever, ever consider voting for Hillary.
Rigged elections aren't cool.

Given Hillary's performance in the middle east and Libya, if anyone starts a war it will be Hillary miscalculating the enemy's "Plan B".

This is scathing and very unusual just after a convention.

Wow, talk about a hit piece of fiction that certainly appeals to the status quo liberals who play on the ignorance of so many. What is going to destroy the country is liberalism that piles on debt, creates dependence, and always spends someone else's money all in the name of compassion.

Trump's lack of experience to a liberal really means lack of being a politician and doing what politicians always do, tell the people what they want to hear. Anyone who can piss off the Democrat and Republican establishment has my support and that would be Trump. To a liberal it is all about perception and never reality

Reality is we have an almost 70 old habitual liar under FBI Scrutiny who has held numerous positions without any significant positive accomplishments so what is the liberal answer to solving today's problems??? more of the same, elect an establishment candidate who is incompetent to keep the status quo

No Thanks, I will be voting for Trump

My response, you probably can't trust the WaPo.
Maybe I'm wrong though.

The email leaks allege to show that they and the DNC held an unlisted fundraiser together.

I generally don't trust most forms of media these days, however, I read the article in its entirety and there's nothing in it that's been shown to be inaccurate or that was taken out of context. Sure it's an OpEd piece and there's nothing new in it, but it does do a good job of organizing those arguments for how a Trump presidency could threaten the Constitution.... based on his shady past and simply on the crazy things he's said since campaigning.

I generally don't trust most forms of media these days, however, I read the article in its entirety and there's nothing in it that's been shown to be inaccurate or that was taken out of context. Sure it's an OpEd piece and there's nothing new in it, but it does do a good job of organizing those arguments for how a Trump presidency could threaten the Constitution.... based on his shady past and simply on the crazy things he's said since campaigning.

Yea, but WaPo is suspect since the wikileaks.
I really don't want to give them clicks either.

Wow, talk about a hit piece of fiction that certainly appeals to the status quo liberals who play on the ignorance of so many. What is going to destroy the country is liberalism that piles on debt, creates dependence, and always spends someone else's money all in the name of compassion.

Trump's lack of experience to a liberal really means lack of being a politician and doing what politicians always do, tell the people what they want to hear. Anyone who can piss off the Democrat and Republican establishment has my support and that would be Trump. To a liberal it is all about perception and never reality

Reality is we have an almost 70 old habitual liar under FBI Scrutiny who has held numerous positions without any significant positive accomplishments so what is the liberal answer to solving today's problems??? more of the same, elect an establishment candidate who is incompetent to keep the status quo

No Thanks, I will be voting for Trump

Did you actually read the article? What's fictional about it? Was there some reference in there about what Trump said or did that wasn't true? And you seem to somehow fail to grasp that this is an Op Ed piece.

Yea, but WaPo is suspect since the wikileaks.
I really don't want to give them clicks either.

True, but I read Op Eds for what they are....opinions....nothing more. I wont judge the writers for poor choice in newspaper they chose to work for. :shrug:

True, but I read Op Eds for what they are....opinions....nothing more. I wont judge the writers for poor choice in newspaper they chose to work for. :shrug:

That's cool.
At this point, it would incredibly unethical for me to cast a ballot for anything DNC, if I bother to register.

That's cool.
At this point, it would incredibly unethical for me to cast a ballot for anything DNC, if I bother to register.
I agree. For the first time as a voter I'm at a complete loss about what to do. Death by firing squad or death by hanging??? Perhaps I'll take the George Carlin approach and just stay home as well on election day.

You know what's amazing? As fiery as this campaign season has been....its a real possibility that we could see records broken for low voter turnout this year!

The Trumpeteers aren't uninformed,they're misinformed.

Some of them will be surprised when Trump loses in November.

The country loses in November with Hillary in the WH. Liberalism dies hard and if it doesn't the country does. We cannot sustain the current debt and growth. More of the same with Hillary isn't an option

Did you actually read the article? What's fictional about it? Was there some reference in there about what Trump said or did that wasn't true? And you seem to somehow fail to grasp that this is an Op Ed piece.

The term unqualified is subjective and based upon what? Beholden to contributors? Being part of the Congressional elite? What makes Trump unqualified, his business experience?

The country loses in November with Hillary in the WH. Liberalism dies hard and if it doesn't the country does. We cannot sustain the current debt and growth. More of the same with Hillary isn't an option

Replace liberalism with authoritarianism and tyranny? That's the answer?
Wow.....

"and the crowds raised their right hands and cheered as they watched the death of democracy, and the destruction of the German Constitution; a death which they willingly took part in instrumenting...."

I agree. For the first time as a voter I'm at a complete loss about what to do. Death by firing squad or death by hanging??? Perhaps I'll take the George Carlin approach and just stay home as well on election day.

You know what's amazing? As fiery as this campaign season has been....its a real possibility that we could see records broken for low voter turnout this year!

Apparently Assange thinks he has the smoking gun to finish Hillary.
DNC email weirdly says that Cruz's dad was a Cuban militant.

I'm kinda scared lol.

The term unqualified is subjective and based upon what? Beholden to contributors? Being part of the Congressional elite? What makes Trump unqualified, his business experience?

its an OP ED. What about that do you not get? If you don't know what it is, google it....damn

Replace liberalism with authoritarianism and tyranny? That's the answer?
Wow.....

"and the crowds raised their right hands and cheered as they watched the death of democracy, and the destruction of the German Constitution; a death which they willingly took part in instrumenting...."

Never took a civics class did you? You think that more of the same is the answer? You hear Trump's rhetoric and ignore the substance. it is time to put America first and back to work, something Hillary will never do. She is incompetent and Trump has the experience you claim he doesn't have. What experience would that be? You think Trump hasn't negotiated with foreigners?

We need a leader and that isn't Hillary

its an OP ED. What about that do you not get? If you don't know what it is, google it....damn

I am waiting for you to explain how Trump isn't qualified for the office which is what the article states.

Hi Polgara :2wave:

I was impressed to learn of your delegate duties. Very cool.

As to the wall, yes, clearly there are some future Pulitzer prize winners among the authors displayed. I bet WaPo would be interested.

:mrgreen: Ocean, it is 94 degrees here - the Weather Channel is warning us that it feels like 98 degrees - and it sure makes me wish I was swimming in your ocean right about now! :wow: It's so humid that even the Chihuahua wants to stay indoors today, and he usually chooses to be outdoors lying on the deck in full sun! :shock:

Never took a civics class did you?
Sort of. I teach it.

We need a leader and that isn't Hillary
I couldn't agree more! She's a horrible candidate, corrupt as anyone! The sad part is there is NO ONE else left in the race.

Trump? He's the answer? Know what he said in his acceptance speech?....you're a fan I'm sure you do. He promised to "end crime!" and people cheered! Thank God! For thousands of years we've been waiting for the one person who could come along and end all crime! He even went a step further and said, "and I'm the only one who can do it!"

Can you just answer two very, very simple questions for me? Pretty please? (1) Do you truly believe that he can and will END CRIME in America? and (2) If so, how exactly do you propose that he will do this?

yeah...this is the kind of evidence one tends to point to when pointing out Trump's incompetence.

:mrgreen: Ocean, it is 94 degrees here - the Weather Channel is warning us that it feels like 98 degrees - and it sure makes me wish I was swimming in your ocean right about now! :wow: It's so humid that even the Chihuahua wants to stay indoors today, and he usually chooses to be outdoors lying on the deck in full sun! :shock:

It's that lack of humidity that keeps me here in So Cal. Although event's are beginning to narrow that lead.

80 degrees, and the fog is just now burning off. I am fortunate to live where I do, but the negatives are getting difficult to ignore.

Isn't that always the case? I'm sure you love where you are in Ohio, but then there are days like to day.

Back
Top Bottom