• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wanted: AlGore Charge: Treason

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
...As for implying that he was guilty of sedition I actually said treason...

fooligan said sedition. I've learned not to make simple mistakes like that at this forum.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
That's the only article I could find on the subject nobodies covering the story and I mean nobody I had to use a freeper link to find any print coverage of it.

Sean Hannity has been complaining about the same thing. I don't doubt that Gore has done this. He is a freak-show. I just don't want him to be associated with the decent left, if it can be avoided.
ted

P.S. uhhh -- what's a "freeper"? :confused:

What's interesting to me is Gore's earlier indignation at conservatives who questioned his patriotism. And now he's spewing more of this psychotic, ignorant, deceptive venom at his country for defending itself. I think Al Gore is not only un-patriotic, but he is an anti-American fanatic. But he has not quite yet committed treason.

Apparently Gore is just genuinely repulsed by the idea of America defending itself. Judging by the administration he served in, that would make sense.

Again to reiterate:

Two separate issues in discussion here:

A) Treason: which is covered in Article III section 3 of the Constitution.

And B) Balancing approach to Free Speech versus the Absolutist approach found in the opinions presented in Yates vs. The United States, Dennis vs. The United States, and Schenck vs. The United States oh and Gitlow.

galenrox said:
So how would Gore saying something that's main effect is making people more accepting of American citizens, and thus less wanting to kill them, meet the clear and present danger test?

If I may -

If Hitler were alive today, and Gore ran to France to denounce America's politics and make completly false statements about his homeland just before the Nazis took over, how would that help Americans in the long run? What possible gain is there?

OH GOD I said the NAZI word. Not like liberals haven't been tossing that bomb around for a few years.

fooligan said:
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.
dictionary.com 4th entry said:
sedition
n : an illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government

ted

galenrox said:
lol, well I must agree that seems terrible, but thanks a lot for that, it was facinating!

So how would Gore saying something that's main effect is making people more accepting of American citizens, and thus less wanting to kill them, meet the clear and present danger test?

Because that's not what he did, basically what he was saying is that the U.S. is rounding up Muslims in the street and sending them out to Gitmo, that's bullshit and you know it. You don't go to Saudi Arabia of all places and spew that crap, it wasn't as if it was some left wing wack job college professor, it was the former Vice President of the United States, his opinion actually carries some weight in the international community, though not for me but with the anti-American assholes in the MidEast it's red meat and they've probably posted it all over al-jazeera.

Paladin said:
Yes, it is.

ted

THE ALIEN ENEMIES ACT - http://www.civics
online.org/library/formatted/texts/alien_sed.html

THE SEDITION ACT OF JULY 14, 1798

Alien Act of 1705 in England

Alien Registration Act of 1989

Sedition Act of 1861

Sedition Act of 1918

they've all been ruled to be unconstitutional due to the liberal interpretation of the clear and present danger test.

fooligan said:
Sedition

The act was subsequently repealed in 1921.

What you are citing is the Sedition Act, not sedition. The Act proclaimed an act of sedition was illegal. When it was repealed, it did not change the definition. You said that Gore was certainly guilty of sedition, not in violation of a repealed act.
ted

Paladin said:
What you are citing is the Sedition Act, not sedition. The Act proclaimed an act of sedition was illegal. When it was repealed, it did not change the definition. You said that Gore was certainly guilty of sedition, not in violation of a repealed act.
ted

Gore was certainly guilty of sedition, not in violation of a repealed act.

err.

I'm saying he's certainly guilty of sedition, were it a punishable offense, which it currently is not. Wishful thinking on my part. There is no such thing as being in violation of a repealed act.

For future reference:

SECTION 3. Whoever, when the United States is at war, shall willfully make or convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States, or to promote the success of its enemies, or shall willfully make or convey false reports, or false statements, . . . or incite insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or shall willfully obstruct . . . the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States, or . . . shall willfully utter, print, write, or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language about the form of government of the United States, or the Constitution of the United States, or the military or naval forces of the United States . . . or shall willfully display the flag of any foreign enemy, or shall willfully . . . urge, incite, or advocate any curtailment of production . . . or advocate, teach, defend, or suggest the doing of any of the acts or things in this section enumerated and whoever shall by word or act support or favor the cause of any country with which the United States is at war or by word or act oppose the cause of the United States therein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than twenty years, or both...

Hey... they said it, not me. I wish I'd said it.

galenrox said:
Well Al Gore is a lot more liberal than I am, and I agree that he misstated the facts about Gitmo.

But you're ignoring the most important part.

Wrong.. you are missing the most important part.Gore is no longer liberal. He's insane.

I wish Bush wasn't the Prez right now, because, well... I'd like Clark Kent in the Office. But we have what we have. Tell me honestly that you think Kerry could have done better... c'mon, with a straight face.

:roll:

The newsman reported tonight that, according to global opinion, only one country rates worse than the US. That country was Iran. You suppose it's something Gore said? Or maybe it's Clinton's fault? Any ideas?:confused:

galenrox said:
Well Al Gore is a lot more liberal than I am, and I agree that he misstated the facts about Gitmo.
But you're ignoring the most important part. What he does in exhibit that most people in the United States are just as dedicated to preventing this **** and they are, and thus the government's actions do not justify the killing of American citizens. Although not everyone will take it as this, the problem with terrorism isn't the crazies, because they're gonna blow themselves up either way, but instead the more reasonable people who live in echo chambers that tell them that all Americans are out to jail muslims, and telling them that we don't actually makes America significantly safer, and since Gore's statements in no way imply that the government should be overthrown, especially since it's not even aimed at American citizens, who are the only ones with the ability to overthrow the American government, well, you get the point.

If that's what he was really trying to say then why didn't he just say it . . . no no this was calculated from start to finish, his message was clear, this was a prepared speech not some off the cuf remark, sometimes you don't have to try to read between the lines sometimes it's right there in black and white for everyone to see. His message was not that the U.S. is against torture it was that the Americans are indiscriminatly rounding up innocent Muslims and torturing them, that is how it was written and that's how it's going to be percieved throughout the middle east and the world.

Captain America said:
The newsman reported tonight that, according to global opinion, only one country rates worse than the US. That country was Iran. You suppose it's something Gore said? Or maybe it's Clinton's fault? Any ideas?:confused:

The newsman was an idiot, guided by sloppy polls. :roll:

fooligan said:
The newsman was an idiot, guided by sloppy polls. :roll:

Hey, I believe you. I think that the entire world loves us and we rank number one of all nations in positive popularity. Anybody who doesn't know that is just crazy! Hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet. Go America!

Let's just take a peek at those crazy people, shall we?

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/20/Columns/Poll__World_s_opinion.shtml

http://pewglobal.org/reports/images/247-1.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2994924.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/programmes/wtwta/poll/html/political/general.stm

The whole world is out of step but us.

Captain America said:
To a rightwing extremist, bad mouthing Bush is as treasonous as blasphemy is to the religious quacks.

But still, Gore sucking up and patronizing to the Arabs shows a lack of character in my opinion. We don't owe those people anything.

Politicians are supposed to kissing the asses of us tax payers.

They our bitches not the suadis,not mexico's and not the terrorist.

jamesrage said:
Politicians are supposed to kissing the asses of us tax payers.

They our bitches not the suadis,not mexico's and not the terrorist.

Well, I agree with you on one point for sure. Gore can kiss my arse.

So, Gore is still on the taxpayer's payroll? I thought he worked for some college somewhere? What office is he currently holding? I must of missed that somewhere. Man, do I need to get up to date around here or what? You folks must think I live in a cave not knowing what office Gore holds these days. I need some schoolin' huh?

tumbleweed said:
Isn't Al Gore a private citizen? He can say what he likes. I'm not aware of any public reaction to his speech, say like a riot or a camel stampede. They should at least burn one of our embassys in protest of his statements.Even then I doubt they could call it treason.

What do you want, the body of the dead soldier that gets killed from one of these muslim radicals that get fired up by Gore's speech and kills one of our guys?

Lets try another approach - you can not go into a crowded movie theater and yell fire because it could cause people to get hurt. If billions of dollars have been lost and people killed over a CARTOON, what kind of reaction do you think Gore's inciteful, anti-American speech is going to illicit? These guys are a fire wiating for an excuse to kill Americans, and Gore went over there, fuelded the fire with lies, and lit the match!

Justify, deny, and defend all you want, but if it had been a GOP ex-VP, he would be coming back in shackles and would be bar-b-qued by the media!

easyt65 said:
What do you want, the body of the dead soldier that gets killed from one of these muslim radicals that get fired up by Gore's speech and kills one of our guys?
Find one instance of someone who was inspired to become a violent Islamist based on the power of Gore's speech, or Durbin's.

Searching MEMRI I find only one reference to Durbin.

Violent Islamists don't give a hoot what Gore says. Gore's just not that important. Don't kid yourself. This is a domestic political battle framed in terms of a hyperbolic smear. There're plenty of legitimate things to dog Gore about.

Why pretend that Gore has the power to turn folks into violent Islamists merely by the power of his words?

He ain't all that.

Captain America said:
Well, I agree with you on one point for sure. Gore can kiss my arse.

So, Gore is still on the taxpayer's payroll? I thought he worked for some college somewhere? What office is he currently holding? I must of missed that somewhere. Man, do I need to get up to date around here or what? You folks must think I live in a cave not knowing what office Gore holds these days. I need some schoolin' huh?

He is not holding a office,but he is former vice president.I would imagine that he is still recieving benifits from that position.Everything he has now is a direct result of his political career.We the tax payers did not give him these things so he can kiss the asses of the Saudis and terrorist.

No politician has the guts or the b@lls to call one another on this, to accuse the other of TREASON. I talked to the Senator from South Caroilna about Durbin's comments and about Kerrys'. He agreed with me that their words could 'technically fall under the legal definition of treason' but said he did not want to go there. He started rambling a bunch of political double-speak.

It is like asking them- criminals - to police themselves! "There are certain political customs and courtesies that can not be broken" - meaning we let each other get away with stuff like this.

If a politician was convicted of a Felony, shouldn't he be removed from office?

If Dick Cheney is somehow implicated and found guilty of mishandling calssified information, even releasing it to the public for political gain, or any other felony/crime, I would have no problem calling for - DEMANDING - his resignation.

My point? Partisanship! We had a President who committed a crime - convicted of a Felony. It just so happened that he was a Democrat, but it didn't matter what party he belonged to - the man committed a crime, and STILL the walls were thrown up along party lines. 'Good men' could not find it within themselves to do the right thing. It was not what was right or wrong, what was done or not done, that decided their vote - it was PARTY LOYALTY! Party loyalyty should not decide what is wrong or right in this country! 'Party' has nothing to do with that! Yet the collective group of leaders sworn to hold the country's best interest above all else could not agree that a President who commits a crime while putting himself and his own concerns above America and our citizens' does not belong in the White House!

Do you REALLY think that these same men would dare accuse or charge one of their own with treason. Clinton SOLD the Chinese military the technology for them to finally be able to strike the U.S. with their nukes, and there was no charge of treason. Gore goes to Saudi, lies, and incites the same Muslims burning and killing over a cartoon with Anti-American hate-filled propoganda because he is so bitter...and the media doesn't even bat an eyelash! It isn't about PARTY - it is about America! Were it a Republican doing the same thing, I would be calling for his immediate arrest on the charge of treason as well!

It is time we ALL demanded that ALL of our politicians started standing up for this country instead of for their party!

:2usflag:

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
He is not holding a office,but he is former vice president.I would imagine that he is still recieving benifits from that position.Everything he has now is a direct result of his political career.We the tax payers did not give him these things so he can kiss the asses of the Saudis and terrorist.

Amen! :applaud :clap: :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom