• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wanted: AlGore Charge: Treason

Simon W. Moon said:
And there're ample reasons for this besides the general bitchslapping that all politicians need to remind them that office-holders are public servants.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen!

Saboteur said:
Okay easyt65 and Trajan,
What about the violence President Bush incited when he said "Bring it on"?

Please specify/clarify. After they have attacked us, to say we are not backing down and if they want any of 'this' they can bring it, I have no problem with that. It beats rolling over with your belly up like clinton did all those years, just asking for more and more attacks!

Saboteur said:
What about the fact that there was/is torture and the people who commited it were tried and convicted for it?
'All those people'? please specify/clarify? You mean like the Fem Army soldier who commited the acts of humiliation, 'conduct un-becoming? Not torture.

Saboteur said:
What about the fact that we have destroyed the terrorists' ability to reach our soil again? I thought you supported this war.
Do you mean we have grounded all airline traffic, closed all the borders, stopped Iran from developing nukes? How have we destroyed their ability to reach our soil? they have the same avenues they had prior to 9-11, just a little tighter security to have to find a way to by-pass. If all those guys committing suicide bombings etc in Iraq today were not focused on Iraq, they would be hitting Israel more frequently and focussing on hitting here again!

Saboteur said:
What about Saudi Arabia harboring terrorists yet they remain our allie?
Bin Laden and Al Qaeda used to give the royal familya fit about our HQ being there, so they thought if they would appease them by asking us to leave that would stop bin laden's/Al Qaeda's attacks. Once we left. the clue-light came on and the Royal Family saw that what Bin Laden really wants is to over-throw the Royal Family! They want our help, but they sometimes, we believe, ride both side of the fence.

Saboteur said:
What about exposing Valeri Plame?
Let's kill that myth once and for all.
Plame was well known to washington politicians and reporters as working for the CIA. Her husband, according to testimony, introduced her at parties as his CIA wife. She did not ift the 5-year criteria for being a 'COVERT' agent. She is a CIA DESK analyst. Although she was never OUTED as a covert agent, her identity was considered 'classified information'.
Despite liberal claims, Bush did not do it, had no part in it. Libby has been indicted for lying during the investigation (and should be punished). No one else has been indicted or arrested/charged.

if you are so upset about outing of a CIA operative, why aren't you screaming for John Kerry's head - he and several Dem Senators? If you recall, or not, Kerry outed a REAL CIA operative during the Bolton hearings. he and other dem Senators mentioned the opertive's name several times. Kerry mentioned it more than once, and bolton even tried to 'nudge' him on this, calling the operative by his code name in response, but kerry never got it. The CIA was sent scrambling to pull this agent out of his assignment and from the location where he was still under cover!

Kerry was never charged because the law states that one must out an agen intentionally. Plame did not meet the required definition of 'covert' as the agent Kerry outed, but neither one was outed INTENTIONALLY.

Never-the-less, 2 wrongs don't make a right!

And there're ample reasons for this besides the general bitchslapping that all politicians need to remind them that office-holders are public servants.

Dang it. How come nobody will tell me just what office Gore is currently holding. I'm starting to get a complex here.

But hey, if we get to bit**slap Gore, who cares? Wouldn't THAT be fun?

easyt65 said:
Never-the-less, 2 wrongs don't make a right!

But 3 lefts do.:lol:

Captain America said:
Dang it. How come nobody will tell me just what office Gore is currently holding.
Last I checked, one don't have to hold an office to be a politician.

Captain America said:
That's all I'm saying.

That's cool. So, we have established that Gore is NOT an office holder after all. But neither is he a private citizen because politicians aren't allowed to voice their delusional opinions?

Now were getting somewhere. Thanks.:doh

Captain America said:
That's cool. So, we have established that Gore is NOT an office holder after all. But neither is he a private citizen because politicians aren't allowed to voice their delusional opinions?

Now were getting somewhere. Thanks.:doh

Gore is officially on the U.S. tax-payer payroll, though. If he wants to take money to insult the U.S. and incite terror, i am all for cutting the purse strings and let Gore get his meal ticket from terrorists!

Captain America said:
Dang it. How come nobody will tell me just what office Gore is currently holding. I'm starting to get a complex here.

Even though it wasn't in official government capacity, it can't be denied that Gore was looked at by those in attendance as a representative of this country and that when he speaks, he's speaking for a certain percentage of the country...many would feel the same way if Oprah or George Clooney said something in an international forum...

There are instances on this very forum where some on the Left has used other Gore comments...as a private citizen...to take shots at the Administration...For them that's OK...

But when he goes overseas and talks, all of a sudden they say, "Hey!...he's JUST a private citizen!...What does it matter?"...

Another fine example of "Party 1st...America 2nd(and possibly 574th")...:roll:

cnredd said:
Even though it wasn't in official government capacity, it can't be denied that Gore was looked at by those in attendance as a representative of this country and that when he speaks, he's speaking for a certain percentage of the country...many would feel the same way if Oprah or George Clooney said something in an international forum...

There are instances on this very forum where some on the Left has used other Gore comments...as a private citizen...to take shots at the Administration...For them that's OK...

But when he goes overseas and talks, all of a sudden they say, "Hey!...he's JUST a private citizen!...What does it matter?"...

Another fine example of "Party 1st...America 2nd(and possibly 574th")...:roll:

Amen, Red!

Captain America said:
So, we have established that Gore is NOT an office holder after all.
I'm not aware of him holding a public office, but that certainly don't mean he don't.

Captain America said:
But neither is he a private citizen because politicians aren't allowed to voice their delusional opinions?
Sure they are. I encourage it. It helps the electorate choose who we'd like to have screw us. Politicians just need to be bitchslapped from time to time. [Any present company excluded of course.]

Gore said nothing that hasn't already been said by other (actual) U.S. politicians. If his speech even remotely incites violence over there, it's because those people haven't been listening to our politicians over the last 4 years (yeah right). Everything he said has already been plastered all over the news. The use of torture has been confirmed by the administration. (waterboarding, Bybee memo, anti-McCain's bill, even Hellen Keller could see this)

Since 13 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, why don't you ask your beloved President Bush why we're in Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia? Why was Saudi Arabia left off the axis of evil list? "We will make no distinction between terrorists and countries that harbor them" remember?

easyt65 said:
Here we go herding cats again...

There has been NO TORTURE, and no prisons should be shut down.

The torture the libs like to bring up have been some acts of humiliation. While totally inappropriate, they fall short of the definition of torture and definitely falls WAY short of what Hussein was doing - REAL torture - to his own people! Loud music and sleep deprivation has also been cited by Libs. (My son was afraid to find out that his loud music at all hours counts as torture!)

(D) Dick Durbin, who had NEVER been to Quantanamo, read off what he thought was a classified document (he was intentionally breaking the law, or thought he was and was OK with it) before congress, accusing our soldiers of 'torture' the letter described when he called our soldiers nazis and suicidal equivalents. To his embarrassment, he later found out that the letter was not only NOT classified but was all LIES! Still, he refused to apologize to our troops!

As far as giving enemy combatants fair trials - we are in a war. Enemy combatants captured on the field of battle do not get American rights! Bush was right that these guys should be tried by military tribunals! As far as these poor detainees, I would remind you of an article (No, I don't have a link to it right now) that told of a detainee believed to be an Al Qaeda leader, but he was released. He was killed 2 weeks later in Afghanistan as a member/leader of a group of Al Qaeda who tried to ambush and kill American troops there - 2 weeks released, and he is already back in Afghanistan trying to kill more troops!

We are at war against people who want to kill you because YOU BREATHE! They would gladly behead you live on Al Jazeera TV, as they have done to other Americans, and YOU are worried about reading them 'their' Miranda rights and about their all getting prayer rugs!?:shock:

And this again gives Gore the right to incite terror against our country and troops for cash HOW?

Well here's what the world thinks.... I'm so glad there are so many people who don't ever leave the comfort of their culdusac.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216...eE3NiUi;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Perhaps Al was just saying what they already knew?

And what I'm worried about is this TORTURE becoming standard proceedure for criminals in this country!

I hope someday somone you love gets pulled over for a DUI and is tortured into confessing to a murder they did not commit. And I hope that they are executed for it too.

Last edited:
cnredd said:
It's NOT giving aid and comfort...It's along the same lines of Cindy Sheehan...

It's someone who doesn't understand the consequences of their comments, but the comments themselves aren't illigal...

Should Gore be vilified, ridiculed, and possibly bitch-slapped?...Yes...

But should he be arrested?...Absolutely not...

Like hell it is Gore speeks for most Democrats now are you kidding me they still think he should be President for Gods sakes, they think the elections are rigged, you can usually tell when they say that terrorism is a myth, do you see where I'm going with this?

Saboteur said:
Well here's what the world thinks.... I'm so glad there are so many people who don't ever leave the comfort of their culdusac.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/un_guantanamo_12;_ylt=Am6iOrEbpxGjGUI1urRRveE3NiUi;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Perhaps Al was just saying what they already knew

those losers should be locked up in Gitmo. most of the U Freaking N for that matter
or atleast, like an old dog, they should just be put out of their misery
screw the UN and their anti-americanism

Binary_Digit said:
Gore said nothing that hasn't already been said by other (actual) U.S. politicians. If his speech even remotely incites violence over there, it's because those people haven't been listening to our politicians over the last 4 years (yeah right). Everything he said has already been plastered all over the news. The use of torture has been confirmed by the administration. (waterboarding, Bybee memo, anti-McCain's bill, even Hellen Keller could see this)

Since 13 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, why don't you ask your beloved President Bush why we're in Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia? Why was Saudi Arabia left off the axis of evil list? "We will make no distinction between terrorists and countries that harbor them" remember?
From a previous post...

cnredd said:
The Saudi Arabian problem has been addressed before...here's the lowdown...

There are 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide...Presently, the issue is with extreme fundamentalists and their followers who are from the Middle East...that is a huge number, but small compared to the whole Islamic Ummah(If there are 100 million people who are either terrorists or supporters of terrorists, that is only equal to about 8.3%)...

Now one thing the fundamental mullahs and clerics try to twist is the reasons America is against them...namely, they pull out the "religion" card much like Jesse Jackson does with race...They shout from the highest mountain that the US is attacking them because of their religion...Most Muslims in the world do not agree with this...and they would be correct...

But let me ask you...Do you think that would change if US troops were to attack these fundamentalists in Saudi Arabian places like Mecca and Media?...the two holiest cities in Islam?...

Damn right it would...The mullahs would yell, "See? I told you they're coming because of religion...they're even trying to take away our holy land!"...(Of course they'd be yelling it in Arabic)...:cool:

Obviously, it's wouldn't be our intention, but attacking Saudi Arabia would inspire all of Islam against the US...and personally, I don't think it's a good time to pi$$ 1.2 billion people off...;)

galenrox said:
Um, preparing to admit that you know nothing of the democrats?

Ya right don't you remember that speech of his a couple of weeks ago and how the Democrats reacted, he's their guy why else would there have been such a close vote in 2000 that's the only poll that matters.

galenrox said:
And all of those people are still led by Gore? Right, that makes sense, that's why Gore was nominated in 2004 also, right?
lol
Saying Gore leads the democrats is like saying that Bob Dole or the first George Bush still ran the republicans in 2000. It's ridiculous.

And you can deny it all that you want, but you and I both know that the validity of the 2000 election is questionable at best.

If Gore was their leader, how come he holds no office or formal position within the party?

The Democratic members of the House and Senate loved what he said, so did the mainstream media the shout box for the left. It's Dean, Pelosi, Carter, Gore, Kennedy, Kerry, Reid, who now form DNC policy, haven't you heard they're trying to copy the Republicans and form a contract with America as their platform but the things is none of these whack jobs can agree on anything.

cnredd said:
The Saudi Arabian problem has been addressed before...here's the lowdown...

There are 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide...Presently, the issue is with extreme fundamentalists and their followers who are from the Middle East...that is a huge number, but small compared to the whole Islamic Ummah(If there are 100 million people who are either terrorists or supporters of terrorists, that is only equal to about 8.3%)...

Now one thing the fundamental mullahs and clerics try to twist is the reasons America is against them...namely, they pull out the "religion" card much like Jesse Jackson does with race...They shout from the highest mountain that the US is attacking them because of their religion...Most Muslims in the world do not agree with this...and they would be correct...

But let me ask you...Do you think that would change if US troops were to attack these fundamentalists in Saudi Arabian places like Mecca and Media?...the two holiest cities in Islam?...

Damn right it would...The mullahs would yell, "See? I told you they're coming because of religion...they're even trying to take away our holy land!"...(Of course they'd be yelling it in Arabic)...:cool:

Obviously, it's wouldn't be our intention, but attacking Saudi Arabia would inspire all of Islam against the US...and personally, I don't think it's a good time to pi$$ 1.2 billion people off...:wink:
Thanks Cnredd, I'd say that's a pretty good analysys. In fact, that's the same argument I would make as to why we shouldn't torture them. But that logic seems to fall on deaf right-wing ears when it comes to torture...I wonder why?

Binary_Digit said:
Thanks Cnredd, I'd say that's a pretty good analysys. In fact, that's the same argument I would make as to why we shouldn't torture them. But that logic seems to fall on deaf right-wing ears when it comes to torture...I wonder why?
Simple...because, as policy, we DON'T torture...

Any instances are isolated and the perpatrators have been prosecuted and convicted, but some people like to use that as a stereotype for the military as a whole...Untrue...

Imagine if tomorrow some evangelical shoots up an abortion clinic...Do you think the appropriate response is...

a) An individual whackjob whose nuts should meet a cheese grater?

b) A perfect example of the religious right's agenda?

Unfortunately, there are some who go with "b"...

Same with torture...remember how Abu Gharib was SUCH a torture chamber?...With the way it was reported, you'd expect the whole place was run by gatekeepers at a Roman Lion's Den...

Wanna know how many were suspected of torture?...If you're expecting some big number, try again...

seven...

That...is...it...seven people...

This part of the source seems to be unseen by the masses...

The Final Report of the Independent Panel to Review DoD Detention Operations did specifically absolve senior U.S. military and political leadership from direct culpability
That's the final word...But accusations(look in the mirror)...are still thrown out as if it's the status quo...:(

Because of the media's uber-hype, we'll have hundreds of guards or other personnel coming back from Abu Gharib saying they served there, and the FIRST thing people will think is, "torturor"...

So you can claim there is some sort of hidden torture greenlight all you want...

But then again I can say that everyone who listens to classical music must be homosexual...

Both claims are equally absurd...

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Last Sunday, former Vice President Al Gore spoke before the Jiddah Economic Forum. He told the mostly Saudi audience that the United States had committed "terrible atrocities" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He stated that Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and detained in "unforgivable conditions." He criticized America's new immigration policy, which more carefully scrutinizes Saudi visas, explaining, "The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake." Finally, he concluded, "There have been terrible abuses, and it's wrong. … I want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country."

None of what All Gore said isn't true.

Alastor said:
None of what All Gore said isn't true.

And New Orleans won't not be not chocolate, white not white chocolate :doh

galenrox said:
Did you talk to them? Did you read interviews with enough of them so that you could possibly have the slightest amount of credibility when you say this? Do you have anything other than "They seem like they would"? Is there ANY reason we should take what you say seriously?

If you want to say things about the democrats, fine, I'm all about some democrat bashing, but for god's sake dude, you're just pulling **** out of your *** and calling it gold.

Dude I watch C-SPAN religiously, go to the DU occassionally, I keep tabs on the Dems buddy and it's clear that they support Gore, if you don't understand the Democrats message by now then you don't have the slightest credibility when you speak.

The radical left has hijacked the Democratic party and their message is clear: wrong war wrong place wrong time, Bush lied troops died, impeachment impeachment, the Republicans are akin to slave owners, a Republican have never had to put in a hard days work in their lives, the troops are terrorists, the Republicans like torture, the Republicans are rounding up innocent Muslims and putting them into death camps, Bush blew up the levvies, Bush hates black people, Bush is a tyrant who spies on innocent Americans, Police State America, Bush is Hitler, America is imperialist, America is Fascist, terrorism is a myth, the terrorists are in the right, we are in the wrong, 9-11 victims are little Eichmens, Bush is the worlds biggest terrorist Hugo Chavez is one of the good guys et al. WAKE UP GALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
galenrox said:
Dude, you and I both know that your argument doesn't cut the mustard. You know full well what it takes to make a sound argument, and you're nowhere close.
Let's just analyze your bases, conclusions, and evidence here.
Conclusion: Democrats support Gore
Bases: I watch C-SPAN religiously, go to the DU occassionally, and keep tabs on the Democrats
Evidence: None

Conclusion: The democrats message is "Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time, Bush Lied, troops died, the Republicans are slave owners, the troops are terrorists, Bush is a tyrant who spies on innocent Americans, America is imperialist, et al.
Base: It's obvious, and you should know it
Evidence: None

Do you see now why it's impossible for me to take your assessments even the slightest bit seriously?

Dude these are all things that Democrat politicians and their radical base have said:

The radical left has hijacked the Democratic party and their message is clear:

"wrong war wrong place wrong time"--John Kerry

"Bush lied troops died" -- the lefts montra

"impeachment impeachment" -- the Dems agenda

"the Republicans are akin to slave owners"--Hillary Clinton

"a Republican have never had to put in a hard days work in their lives" -- Howard Dean

"the troops are terrorists" -- John Kerry

"the Republicans like torture the Republicans are rounding up innocent Muslims and putting them into torture camps" -- Al Gore

"Bush spies on innocent Americans" -- that's the message of the entire Democratic party ever since the NYTs broke the NSA story.

"9-11 victims are little Eichmens"-- Ward Churchill

"Bush is the worlds biggest terrorist Hugo Chavez is one of the good guys" -- Harry Bellafonte who just recieved the life achievment award from the ACLU

There's many many more and taken together the message is clear.

Back
Top Bottom