• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wanted: AlGore Charge: Treason

Simon W. Moon said:
So we've gone from the goalpost being inciting folks to commit terrorist acts, to inciting folks to riot, to merely "wrong."

Sure, it's wrong to "print lies and disparaging comments about blacks, or gays, or jews or anyone else," but that don't make it treason when someone does.

We've got to live in the real world or we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it's that it repeats itself . . .

We've got to live in the real world or we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it's that it repeats itself.

There's easyt going off on his own tangent again ... of course if it were anti-Bush things being posetd he would demand that we get back on topic and liberals always change the topic!!

:rofl

These days. anyone who is out of lockstep, or marches with their jackboots untied, or voices dissent against the Bush regime is either a traitor, a pinko-liberal or a homo-lover.

Their words are empty. They are hollow. They have cried wolf too many times. The sky is falling! Mushroom clouds are hovering over your head.

Heil Bush.:roll:

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
We've got to live in the real world or we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it's that it repeats itself . . .

We've got to live in the real world or we're going to have another 9-11 because if history has taught us anything it's that it repeats itself.

Uh oh, get the Huggies the scared conservatives are getting worked up about the terrorists under the bed again.:roll:

Saboteur said:
'Dats it!

Americans, here are your country's beloved troops; Well represented!

http://smh.com.au/ftimages/2006/02/15/1139890768716.html

Totally IN-Correct comparison.

Al Gore goes to a foreign/muslim country to take money from muslims to give a speech designed to incite terror, hatred, and violence against the united states. YOU DEFEND THAT! You are happy to continue to point to him, as kerry did Hollywood, and say 'that is what the democratic party is all about!'

What you posted, the conduct un-becoming of military personnel, was heinous, and I DO NOT DEFEND IT! What those people did does not refect the united States Military and I wanted them out of my military and severely punished!

So, you could not be any more wrong!

Seriously dude step out of your little fantasy land and enter into reality, these people want to kill you and everyone you know ...
You're pointless speculation about my mental state is also inaccurate. I'm well aware of the desire to kill. I appreciate you heart-felt concern. However, if you would please, let's return to the debate instead of continuing to talking about me. I'm not worth the trouble. Thanks in advance.

Gore going over there and giving red meat to them like that is irrersponsible and tantamount to treason.
First, it was hardly red-meat, possibly a few alfalfa sprouts at the very most.
Second, I've seen no evidence that the "they" you are alluding to vaguely give a rat's *** about what Gore has to say.
Though I read through the various incendiary op-eds etc that are chronicled on MEMRI, I've yet to see a single one that cites Durbin, Kennedy or Gore or any other one of the characters who ostensibly have the power to kill with the sound of their voice.

It would be analogous to the former vice president during WW2 going to Germany...
It's analguous because we're at war w/ Saudi Arabia? Is that it?

I think it's analguous to a sparrow fart. Care to keep arguing by analogy? We can go on forever this way.

There are some things that are just not done, politics ends at the waters edge bub, how the hell can you defend this guy?
I'm not defending the guy. I'm just pointing out that you're wrong. Big difference.

Captain America said:
These days. anyone who is out of lockstep, or marches with their jackboots untied, or voices dissent against the Bush regime is either a traitor, a pinko-liberal or a homo-lover.

Their words are empty. They are hollow. They have cried wolf too many times. The sky is falling! Mushroom clouds are hovering over your head.

Heil Bush.:roll:

Cap'n, come on! You have already posted you believe Gore was wrong, that he committed treason, and NOW you post something like this! Stop playing both sides of the fence, man! You're sounding like KERRY now! <flip, flop, flip, flop, flip.....>

easyt65 said:
Totally IN-Correct comparison.

Al Gore goes to a foreign/muslim country to take money from muslims to give a speech designed to incite terror, hatred, and violence against the united states. YOU DEFEND THAT! You are happy to continue to point to him, as kerry did Hollywood, and say 'that is what the democratic party is all about!'

What you posted, the conduct un-becoming of military personnel, was heinous, and I DO NOT DEFEND IT! What those people did does not refect the united States Military and I wanted them out of my military and severely punished!

So, you could not be any more wrong!

So then you don't think the U.S. should have responded to the U.N. like they did here?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216...K83NiUi;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

When you get here to the real world, we'll throw you a party.

The Admin in power is idealist and has rejected Realism.

The "join the real world" comments are empty and merely warm air.

Mickeytrout11 said:
There's easyt going off on his own tangent again ... of course if it were anti-Bush things being posetd he would demand that we get back on topic and liberals always change the topic!!

I wasn't the one who brought up thre 'Hanging Chad' BS, dude! Don't bring it up if you don't want to get a response! Sorry I dismissed your Liberal myth about that issue....

as far as getting back to the point, I have tried to keep the focus on the topic/title of the thread, but it is as hard as trying to herd cats in here, especially the way the Libs keep trying to justify Gore's actions by bringing up stuff like the 2000 election - 6 freajin' years ago!

(Seriously, yu guys need to get help and let it go...)

Saboteur said:
Uh oh, get the Huggies the scared conservatives are getting worked up about the terrorists under the bed again.

Oh the old terrorism is a myth thing again right? CATCH A CLUE!

Beirut:
aaa%20us-embassy-beirut-bombing.jpg

1ST WTC bombing:
01.jpg

Nairobi Kenya:
Kenya_bombing_1.jpg

Khobar Towers:
3.khobar.towers.day.wide.2.jpg

Saboteur said:
So then you don't think the U.S. should have responded to the U.N. like they did here?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216...K83NiUi;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Here we go herding cats again...

There has been NO TORTURE, and no prisons should be shut down.

The torture the libs like to bring up have been some acts of humiliation. While totally inappropriate, they fall short of the definition of torture and definitely falls WAY short of what Hussein was doing - REAL torture - to his own people! Loud music and sleep deprivation has also been cited by Libs. (My son was afraid to find out that his loud music at all hours counts as torture!)

(D) Dick Durbin, who had NEVER been to Quantanamo, read off what he thought was a classified document (he was intentionally breaking the law, or thought he was and was OK with it) before congress, accusing our soldiers of 'torture' the letter described when he called our soldiers nazis and suicidal equivalents. To his embarrassment, he later found out that the letter was not only NOT classified but was all LIES! Still, he refused to apologize to our troops!

As far as giving enemy combatants fair trials - we are in a war. Enemy combatants captured on the field of battle do not get American rights! Bush was right that these guys should be tried by military tribunals! As far as these poor detainees, I would remind you of an article (No, I don't have a link to it right now) that told of a detainee believed to be an Al Qaeda leader, but he was released. He was killed 2 weeks later in Afghanistan as a member/leader of a group of Al Qaeda who tried to ambush and kill American troops there - 2 weeks released, and he is already back in Afghanistan trying to kill more troops!

We are at war against people who want to kill you because YOU BREATHE! They would gladly behead you live on Al Jazeera TV, as they have done to other Americans, and YOU are worried about reading them 'their' Miranda rights and about their all getting prayer rugs!?:shock:

And this again gives Gore the right to incite terror against our country and troops for cash HOW?

Simon W. Moon said:
When you get here to the real world, we'll throw you a party.

The Admin in power is idealist and has rejected Realism.

The "join the real world" comments are empty and merely warm air.

He's a split between an idealist and a realist, you live in a world where you think that it's ok for a former vp to go to a country where 13 of the 19 hijackers came from and degrade your own country and incite violence by accusing them of going around and indiscriminately rounding up innocent Muslims and torturing them, and then you say that this type of sh!t is protected by the first amendment???? Gimme a break.

Simon W. Moon said:
You're pointless speculation about my mental state is also inaccurate. I'm well aware of the desire to kill. I appreciate you heart-felt concern. However, if you would please, let's return to the debate instead of continuing to talking about me. I'm not worth the trouble. Thanks in advance.

First, it was hardly red-meat, possibly a few alfalfa sprouts at the very most.
Second, I've seen no evidence that the "they" you are alluding to vaguely give a rat's *** about what Gore has to say.
Though I read through the various incendiary op-eds etc that are chronicled on MEMRI, I've yet to see a single one that cites Durbin, Kennedy or Gore or any other one of the characters who ostensibly have the power to kill with the sound of their voice.

It's analguous because we're at war w/ Saudi Arabia? Is that it?

I think it's analguous to a sparrow fart. Care to keep arguing by analogy? We can go on forever this way.

I'm not defending the guy. I'm just pointing out that you're wrong. Big difference.

That's all well and good but the fact of the matter is that treason is defined as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, this little speech of Gore's did give aid and comfort to the enemy, you're wrong.

... you live in a world where you think that it's ok for a former vp to go to a country where 13 of the 19 hijackers came from and degrade your own country and incite violence by accusing them of going around and indiscriminately rounding up innocent Muslims and torturing them, and then you say that this type of sh!t is protected by the first amendment???? Gimme a break.
I've never said that I approve of it. IIRC, I've said the exact opposite in this very thread. I just said it wasn't treason.
Big difference.

That's all well and good but the fact of the matter is that treason is defined as giving aid and comfort to the enemy, this little speech of Gore's did give aid and comfort to the enemy, you're wrong.
If you really, truly, and genuinely believe it's treason, then report it to the proper authorities, the FBI, the AG. "Walk the walk", "put up or shut-up" are all that I'm saying.

Okay easyt65 and Trajan,

What about the violence President Bush incited when he said "Bring it on"?

What about the fact that there was/is torture and the people who commited it were tried and convicted for it?

What about the fact that we have destroyed the terrorists' ability to reach our soil again? I thought you supported this war.

What about Saudi Arabia harboring terrorists yet they remain our allie?

What about exposing Valeri Plame?

Saboteur said:
Okay easyt65 and Trajan,

What about the violence President Bush incited when he said "Bring it on"?

What do you want Bush to say? I'm a ***** we'll role over now and let you guys take over the Middle East?

What about the fact that there was/is torture and the people who commited it were tried and convicted for it?

Ya what about that fact? Gore played it like torturing Muslims is official U.S. policy.

What about the fact that we have destroyed the terrorists' ability to reach our soil again? I thought you supported this war.

How can you be sure that we have destroyed the terrorists ability to reach us again? We have to be successful 100% of the time the terrorists only need to be successful once.
What about Saudi Arabia harboring terrorists yet they remain our allie?

The Saudi government is officially at war with AlQaeda AlQaeda has attacked them too, however, the totalitarian government and the people who live under that government are two different things. And if you have a better idea of how to get oil I'm all ears.
What about exposing Valeri Plame?

Plame was never covert so how could she have been exposed?

Simon W. Moon said:
I've never said that I approve of it. IIRC, I've said the exact opposite in this very thread. I just said it wasn't treason.
Big difference.

If you really, truly, and genuinely believe it's treason, then report it to the proper authorities, the FBI, the AG. "Walk the walk", "put up or shut-up" are all that I'm saying.

Nice dodge why don't you answer the question? If what Gore did isn't giving aid and comfort to the enemy then what is it?

What do you want Bush to say? I'm a ***** we'll role over now and let you guys take over the Middle East?

Well that's what you want the president of Iran to say regarding nuclear defence programs isn't it?

Ya what about that fact? Gore played it like torturing Muslims is official U.S. policy.

In your opinion he did and in my opinion, until there's a bill against torture like John McCain's. It is U.S. policy.

How can you be sure that we have destroyed the terrorists ability to reach us again? We have to be successful 100% of the time the terrorists only need to be successful once.

Well I though Bush effectively froze all of Osamas' accounts and dispersed his terror cell so far out that they have no means to organize an attack on that scale. But that's just me.

The Saudi government is officially at war with AlQaeda AlQaeda has attacked them too, however, the totalitarian government and the people who live under that government are two different things. And if you have a better idea of how to get oil I'm all ears.

It's the same thing here. Rush Limbaugh has an opinion of liberals and you have an opinion of liberals but actual liberals aren't what you or Rush says they are.

Venesuala, Mexico, our own pipe line... I dunno.

Plame was never covert so how could she have been exposed?

Sure. That's why there's not a big deal being made out of this right?

Nice dodge why don't you answer the question? If what Gore did isn't giving aid and comfort to the enemy then what is it?
It's NOT giving aid and comfort...It's along the same lines of Cindy Sheehan...

It's someone who doesn't understand the consequences of their comments, but the comments themselves aren't illigal...

Should Gore be vilified, ridiculed, and possibly bitch-slapped?...Yes...

But should he be arrested?...Absolutely not...

Imagine that. The Middle East taking over the Middle East. What a novel idea.

Imagine if Russia or China decided that the US shouldn't be taking over the US.

Nice dodge ...
Just pointing out the false allegation that you made.

If what Gore did isn't giving aid and comfort to the enemy then what is it?
From what I've heard, it was mostly bitching.

Captain America said:
Imagine that. The Middle East taking over the Middle East. What a novel idea.

Imagine if Russia or China decided that the US shouldn't be taking over the US.

neither alqaida nor Bin Laden are offiicial governments
apples and oranges

cnredd said:
Should Gore be vilified, ridiculed, and possibly bitch-slapped?...Yes...
And there're ample reasons for this besides the general bitchslapping that all politicians need to remind them that office-holders are public servants.

Back
Top Bottom