• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wanted: AlGore Charge: Treason

Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

It is our duty as Americans to question our government when we think they are wrong, not to follow them with blind faith. That being said what sounds more like treason to you, giving a speech in a foreign land or allowing a country with ties to 9/11 to take over 6 of our biggest ports? If the media is so "liberal" why aren't they talking about that? Makes the fact that the white house delayed talking about Chaney shooting that guy in the face until after this came out look kinda fishy don't it. The hunting accident was just a red herring.

WASHINGTON Feb 11, 2006 (AP)— A company in the United Arab Emirates is poised to take over significant operations at six American ports as part of a corporate sale, leaving a country with ties to the Sept. 11 hijackers with influence over a maritime industry considered vulnerable to terrorism.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=1606661&ad=true&ad=true

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/11/ap/business/mainD8FMVEFO0.shtml

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2006/02/11/ap2518368.html

multiple links for all you Bushies who need to read the same thing over and over from separate sources before you believe it

Cassapolis said:
Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

It is our duty as Americans to question our government when we think they are wrong, not to follow them with blind faith. That being said what sounds more like treason to you, giving a speech in a foreign land or allowing a country with ties to 9/11 to take over 6 of our biggest ports? If the media is so "liberal" why aren't they talking about that? Makes the fact that the white house delayed talking about Chaney shooting that guy in the face until after this came out look kinda fishy don't it. The hunting accident was just a red herring.

WASHINGTON Feb 11, 2006 (AP)— A company in the United Arab Emirates is poised to take over significant operations at six American ports as part of a corporate sale, leaving a country with ties to the Sept. 11 hijackers with influence over a maritime industry considered vulnerable to terrorism.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=1606661&ad=true&ad=true

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/11/ap/business/mainD8FMVEFO0.shtml

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2006/02/11/ap2518368.html

multiple links for all you Bushies who need to read the same thing over and over from separate sources before you believe it

More real news being shoved into obscurity over the old geezer hunting accident.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Not at issue: Gore's opinions.

At issue: Way in which those opinions are expressed ie going to a foriegn nation regarded by many to be an enemy of the U.S., to slander your own Government during war time.

Gore Bad mouths Bush and the U.S. = bussiness as usual from the left, no harm no foul.

Gore doing it in Saudi Arabia = Treason

Since when is Saudi Arabia our enemy? Are we at war with ourselves because of Terry McVeigh?

bush_saudi.jpg

38952549-S.jpg

Gore's just not that important. Don't kid yourself.
Someone must still think he's important since they paid him over $250,000. to come make the speech.

jamesrage said:
He is not holding a office,but he is former vice president.I would imagine that he is still recieving benifits from that position.Everything he has now is a direct result of his political career.We the tax payers did not give him these things so he can kiss the asses of the Saudis and terrorist.

I hear ya bro. But as for me, when I retire, or that is to say, live on my pension, I will grow my hair down to my butt, smoke what I wanna smoke (no more **** tests!!) and say what I wanna say. Everyone else can just go to hell as far I am concerned.

But don't get me wrong, I do think Gore is a baffoon in just about every way.

But treason? Too funny. Gore is a pimple on an elephants but compared to the treasonous bastards currently sitting in the White House. But, of course, I realize that my opinion is just rediculous as yours. Let's call it a tie and go have a beer. Then, perhaps, an hour or two of quail hunting around sunset. :rofl Wadda ya say?

Gill said:
Someone must still think he's important since they paid him over $250,000. to come make the speech.
Don't mean he's important enough to turn folks into violent Islamists merely by the power of his words as has been implied.

Don't mean he's important enough to turn folks into violent Islamists merely by the power of his words as is being implied.
Doesn't take much for these people. After all, a few tiny little cartoons and a false story about Korans being flushed down the toilet sure turned them pretty violent.

Gill said:
Doesn't take much for these people. After all, a few tiny little cartoons and a false story about Korans being flushed down the toilet sure turned them pretty violent.
So if it weren't Gore, it'd just be something else? Is that what you're trying to say?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Catchy title aint it? :smile:

Yeah now how about;

Wanted: Dick Cheney Charge: The act of treason on account of authorizing staff to leak identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame. Conspiracy to mislead congress and the people of the United States of America for the purpose of invading Iraq, imprisoning its populace for the purpose of toture and starting an endless war. Hunting without proper license - Poaching.

And if his hunting buddy dies... Involuntary Man-Slaughter.

Oh that's great so now we have Al Gore attacking the U-.S. in a foriegn nation where 13 of the 19 9-11 hijackers came from. Took me an hour to find an article on the subject which goes to show how much the lib press is covering the story . . . hunting accident involving the V.P.? - they're all over it, former V.P. committing treason? *sound of crickets*

Yes words are a horrible thing!

Meanwhile, Congressman Weiner, Democrat,NY site of the 9-11 attacks on the WTC towers presents photographic evidence and documents proving that Saudi Arabia has granted amnisty and medical attention to terrorists who are directly linked to Osama Bin Laden and submits for consideration that Saudi Arabia be put on the terrorist countries list and it's $1,000,000.00 funding cut.

The Republican controled house while rolling their eyes at this 'liberal dissenter' swiftly vote the motion down.

So if it weren't Gore, it'd just be something else? Is that what you're trying to say?
No, I'm saying these people use any excuse to riot and murder, so why stir them up with lies like Algore did.

Gill said:
No, I'm saying these people use any excuse to riot and murder, so why stir them up with lies like Algore did.

Yeah! and how about those lying pictures and video clips of torture from Abu Ghrab!

It is fascinating to see the very same people who constantly scream Bias when Bush's follys are posted here.....making, and commenting in, a thread such as this. Hi Pot...Meet Kettle.

Gore is a d!ck....Bush is a D!ck...Cheney is...well hes a real D!ck....and Jane Fonda wishes she had one.

Cant we all just agree to Hate them ALL

Yeah! and how about those lying pictures and video clips of torture from Abu Ghrab!
I agree. They should have never been published.

Simon W. Moon said:

A bitter ex-president taking money from a Muslim coutry whose citizens, 13 of them, commited 9-11 to travel there and give a speech to incite violence against our nation and troops - and you are OK with that?!

Liberals, here is your Democratic Party Well Represented! If anything ever happens to howard Dean, you have a job!

Gill said:
You make it sound like the easily riled folks are the one with the problem. I don't think ans American should have to keep his mouth shut just so as he doesn't upset some vaguely defined group of wacky, riot-prone foreigners.

A bitter ex-president

You know Al Gore's a bitter ex-president. Wouldn't you be bitter if you were elected president and had it stolen from you?

By the way, I agree with you, for once, easyt65. Al Gore is a bitter ex-president.

The great conservative response. "Only report the good stories! So the American people will support our military actions!" Ever heard of freedom of the press? They need to publish this sort of thing so the people can see what is happening! I guess the Republicans have gotten used to controlling the media for so long with O'Lielly and COmpany that when the media tells the truth, and it's anti-red, they scream bloody murder.

Wow. I thought conservatives claimed to be for the freedom of the press. No?

easyt65 said:
A bitter ex-president taking money from a Muslim coutry whose citizens, 13 of them, commited 9-11 to travel there and give a speech to incite violence against our nation and troops - and you are OK with that?!
What ex-pres did this?
Getting back to Gore, I don't approve of what he did. I don't give much of a crap about what he does. I'm just debating the ideas that what he did constitutes treason and that it somehow inspires folks to become terrorists. Don't have to agree with what he says or did to point out that folks are histrionically and hysterically hyperbolizing.

You make it sound like the easily riled folks are the one with the problem. I don't think ans American should have to keep his mouth shut....
Oh ok, then you don't believe it's wrong to print lies and disparaging comments about blacks, or gays, or jews or anyone else then? After all, they are easily riled to.

What ex-pres did this?
Actually, Clinton did a couple of years ago.

Gill said:
Never should have happened to have been photographed is more to the point.

Simon W. Moon said:
You make it sound like the easily riled folks are the one with the problem. I don't think ans American should have to keep his mouth shut just so as he doesn't upset some vaguely defined group of wacky, riot-prone foreigners.

Seriously dude step out of your little fantasy land and enter into reality, these people want to kill you and everyone you know, Gore going over there and giving red meat to them like that is irrersponsible and tantamount to treason. It would be analogous to the former vice president during WW2 going to Germany and saying that the U.S. zionists are rounding up aryans and hearding them into torture camps. There are some things that are just not done, politics ends at the waters edge bub, how the hell can you defend this guy?

Last edited:
Mickeytrout11 said:
Wouldn't you be bitter if you were elected president and had it stolen from you?

:doh Oh NO! Not the dreaded 'Hanging Chad' BS again!

Let's quickly review that one shall we?
The Hanging chad claim came up by the Democrats.
The Democrats started recounting the votes -
A judge ordered them to STOP!
The Dems broke the law by continuing...
The FINAL outcome by the NAACP's own recount as well as the re-count that kept on-going yet which was hardly publicized after-the-fact at all was that the ballots STILL showed that Bush had more votes!

During that whole mess, the Democrats screamed the chant 'Every vote Must Count!' and demanded a RE-VOTE! They were informed that the problem with this idea was that the military people who voted absentee would not have enough time to re-vote and get their votes back in on time for them to count. The Democrat's, who had been insisitng that every vote must count, reply to that was '$crew the military, throw their votes out then!'
-- What I never could figure out was if it was the in-state Florida Resident ballots being challenged and there was nothing wrong with the (military) absentee ballots, why couldn't they just have another in-state vote and keep the same absentee ballots? :shock:

But the bottom line in that whole BS was that the Democrat's OWN final re-count showed Bush had more votes! Period, dot! Get over it. Jeesh, how many years has it been and the Liberals are still foaming at the mouth about losing that election?! Get some therapy and move on!

So please hold the BS justification that Al Gore had every right to go to Saudi and commit treason by inciting terror against this country simply because he was ticked off that the American people rejected him as a president. His actions now show they were smart to do so! Any American who is willing to turn on his own country because he lost an election should never have been in office to begin with!

Last edited:
easyt65 said:

Liberals, here is your Democratic Party Well Represented! If anything ever happens to howard Dean, you have a job!

'Dats it!

Americans, here are your country's beloved troops; Well represented!

http://smh.com.au/ftimages/2006/02/15/1139890768716.html

Attachments

• 2prisoner_gallery__470x311,0.jpg
    2prisoner_gallery__470x311,0.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
  • abugraib1_gallery__470x375,0.jpg
    abugraib1_gallery__470x375,0.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Gill said:
Oh ok, then you don't believe it's wrong to print lies and disparaging comments about blacks, or gays, or jews or anyone else then? After all, they are easily riled to.
So we've gone from the goalpost being inciting folks to commit terrorist acts, to inciting folks to riot, to merely "wrong."

Sure, it's wrong to "print lies and disparaging comments about blacks, or gays, or jews or anyone else," but that don't make it treason when someone does.

but that don't make it treason when someone does.
I agree and you won't find that I have suggested it was treason. It was incredibly stupid... but not treasonous.

Back
Top Bottom