• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Want to know why people are nutz about the way Zimmerman's been treated....

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
...and black's reaction to the death of Trayvon Martin? Why it's such a big deal to so many of us here??

Here's an example:

Nelson.jpg

Verify if you wish. It's true. She was charged on December 31, 2010 and still has not been brought to trial. I'm not faulting that time frame. I'm faulting those who have completely villified a man for defending himself...threatened race riots...insist on a Civil Rights witch hunt against the guy...turn black against white...

While we all just sit back and wait for justice for this little 12-year-old boy. No villifying. No witch hunts. No publicity. No nothing.

Burned him to death with a blow torch in her living room...

...and black's reaction to the death of Trayvon Martin? Why it's such a big deal to so many of us here??

Here's an example:

Verify if you wish. It's true. She was charged on December 31, 2010 and still has not been brought to trial. I'm not faulting that time frame. I'm faulting those who have completely villified a man for defending himself...threatened race riots...insist on a Civil Rights witch hunt against the guy...turn black against white...

While we all just sit back and wait for justice for this little 12-year-old boy. No villifying. No witch hunts. No publicity. No nothing.

And you know what?
... in the case you noted above, this

ls-stole.jpg

coulda been jonathan and it would have been just as horrific ... to us, but likely not to guys like Sharpton or some others we've heard from.

You see, it's not the act itself that matters, it's something else ... I'll leave it to readers to guess what that is.

My Dadlives in the Houston area and we keep up with goings on around the state.

Can't say I remember this case and it's seems to have dropped off the radar screen shortly after charges were filed.

Here's a bit more: Houston Suspect May Be Serial Killer

But you're right, let's hear more about that little angel Trayvon??

And you know what?
... in the case you noted above, this

View attachment 67150744

coulda been jonathan and it would have been just as horrific ... to us, but likely not to guys like Sharpton or some others we've heard from.

You see, it's not the act itself that matters, it's something else ... I'll leave it to readers to guess what that is.

Good morning, Bubba! :2wave:

Are people getting meaner these days, or is it that the media, together with those who have an agenda, keeps us constantly agitated with horrible stories like this? Most of us have enough on our plate already, and the fixation on violence towards each other adds nothing but sadness and anger! :thumbdown:

lets defend both victims

is it hard ?
[/B

I want to know why all of these people are coming out of the woodwork to talk about this trial AFTER the trial is over. Where were they when it was happening? Makes me think most of them didn't watch it at all and are only parroting what analysts are telling them.

I want to know why all of these people are coming out of the woodwork to talk about this trial AFTER the trial is over. Where were they when it was happening? Makes me think most of them didn't watch it at all and are only parroting what analysts are telling them.

That's exactly what's happening. And not only didn't watch it, but didn't participate in the freakin' year-long debate here on DP. Unbelievable.

A couple of weeks ago Maggie used the term "perfect storm," and I still think this describes what happened.

I am sorry Trayvon Martin lost his life. I am also sorry that Zimmerman's life has been ruined. His parents are in hiding because of death threats while Martin's are being feted during their 15 minutes.

The jury rendered its verdict. I said before they did that I thought they would do a thoughtful, earnest job, and I believe they did. What is the point of the Trayvon rallies? To try to overturn the verdict?

That's exactly what's happening. And not only didn't watch it, but didn't participate in the freakin' year-long debate here on DP. Unbelievable.

While it was going on, we had really great, calm, productive discussions (for the most part). Now that it's over, we've been infiltrated by morons again. Now this sub-forum has turned back into what it was last year after the shooting happened. Uninformed, hyper-emotional, insults... :sigh:

lets defend both victims

is it hard ?
[/B

The most interesting - Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago', Obama says 'Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago', Obama says | World news | guardian.co.uk If only Mr. Zimmerman was white, everyone would undoubtedly have gone through the well-known: with all the ideal characteristics, and even though the laws of the State of firearms recognize the best protection for any form of aggression, the killer would have was in prison for many years. In this case, however, turned out differently. Jorge (he himself prefers to be called George), a gift that Zimmerman, but - a fact is a fact - no not white, but a real latino. In this connection, on the basis of a long and tedious, but of a fair hearing. Against what is now, of course, very active in protests on the streets and screens with the "black community", as usual, but this time without success, summarizing the case under the "racism ." However, all this, of course, cute, poignant, funny, but no more.
But the reaction Mr. Obama admires.
For, in fact, the president of the United States - as you can see, publicly, without any pressure admitted that 35 years ago was a member of one of the "black" teenage gang brutally terrorized arrivals in the U.S. latinos, and more than that, on occasion, would not hesitate to hurt anyone who dared to make a remark to him

673d0ce3b96b63c6190dd49bd552440c.png

Here's an example:

So what is your point? Has any group been defending Nelson? Have not seen anyone defend her.

In cases such as Nelson it is cut clear that she is evil as hell. There is no gray area as there was with the Zimmerman-Martin case.

We have cases such as you listed all the time it seems. But not everyone of them gets a subforum true. We had a guy a few years ago in my region kidnap a brother and sister and took them to a campground to have sex with both and ended killing the boy in a campfire but I sure as hell didn't see any subforum for them.

The one you described and mine are quite evident that the defendent is evil, there is really nothing to debate except the degree of punishment.

It is the gray area cases that find their way here and it is kind of logical since this is a debate forum. The Zimmerman-Martin case is made for this forum such as a mistreated wife killing an abusive husband type case.

Perhaps some people wanted to see all the evidence brought forth in the trial before making an opinion. I know that is foreign here.

So what is your point? Has any group been defending Nelson? Have not seen anyone defend her.

In cases such as Nelson it is cut clear that she is evil as hell. There is no gray area as there was with the Zimmerman-Martin case.

We have cases such as you listed all the time it seems. But not everyone of them gets a subforum true. We had a guy a few years ago in my region kidnap a brother and sister and took them to a campground to have sex with both and ended killing the boy in a campfire but I sure as hell didn't see any subforum for them.

The one you described and mine are quite evident that the defendent is evil, there is really nothing to debate except the degree of punishment.

It is the gray area cases that find their way here and it is kind of logical since this is a debate forum. The Zimmerman-Martin case is made for this forum such as a mistreated wife killing an abusive husband type case.

My point is that racism has nothing to do with what happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. It is a figment of the imagination in the minds of race baiters that it does. And my point is that THAT is the reason some of us are so fervent in our belief that racism is alive and well in the United States today. And its new name is Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton...and others who insist that it exists in this case.

A couple of weeks ago Maggie used the term "perfect storm," and I still think this describes what happened.

I am sorry Trayvon Martin lost his life. I am also sorry that Zimmerman's life has been ruined. His parents are in hiding because of death threats while Martin's are being feted during their 15 minutes.

The jury rendered its verdict. I said before they did that I thought they would do a thoughtful, earnest job, and I believe they did. What is the point of the Trayvon rallies? To try to overturn the verdict?

I have often wondered about that myself. It seems to be somewhere in between having blacks be declared some sort of endangered species, or protected class, that must have habitat set aside for them and an outright demand for reparations for past wrongs. Mixed into that is the gun control crowd, prison/judicial "reform" crowd and those that wish for more special gov't programs that benefit only blacks to "undo" the affects of growing up in the lawless zones (tribal lands?) of major US cities.

Perhaps some people wanted to see all the evidence brought forth in the trial before making an opinion. I know that is foreign here.

If they've seen the evidence now . . . if they've read the pertinent testimony now . . . if they read the jury instructions? There's only one conclusion that can be reached. It was a fair trial. The state couldn't prove their case. Period.

Here's an example:

View attachment 67150743

That's racist.

Here's an example:

View attachment 67150743

Wow I feel that the 12 year olds predicament is worse for this 12 year old Being burned to death seems like a horrible way to die for any person especially a child . A bullet would be merciful in this situation ( that is saying something )

The media is all about narrative, and anything that does not fit the narrative will be ignored as confirmation bias rules instead of objectivity. In order to adhere to the proper narrative, an issue needs to be framed in a way compatable with the objective.

What is the narrative, though? Well, the narrative involves a reaction to past injustices through overcompensation. Instead of learning the real lesson of racism, however, the champions of anti-racism have merely flipped things around so that instead of white priveledge, it is now black. Heck, they even had to refer to an Hispanic man as a white guy in order to fit it into the narrative. It would not have played the way it did were it framed as hispanic against black since the same people who have been conditioned to view race in terms of white guilt and black priveledge would have to choose their champion and villain from two they see as inherently disadvantaged.

It is a much easier process of predetermining good guy and bad guy when the media makes it equally black and white.

I mainly avoided this forum until the trial began because I didn't see the point. All that was ever going to matter was what the witnesses testified to in court.

This case, in my opinion, is a proxy. An opportunity already seized by the "usual suspects," and it's sad that they are making the case about racism when it wasn't.

Terrible things happen to good people every day. The race baiters love to cherry pick which ones to latch on to.

I would believe that if they were actually discussing the evidence and facts of the case.

Had this been another state that didn't have the same laws as Florida, you may have had a point.
As it was, because of Florida law, we knew the evidence before hand.

I believe you are one of those who was informed of this fact and chose to ignore it.

Well Maggie, anybody could take a case like that and say "why aren't white people defending this guy?"

People weren't just upset because of Trayvon's race, people wanted an arrest. There were a lot more concerns than just race.

And why would black or anybody defend that woman? She should get a fair trial, then punished accordingly.

Here's an example:

View attachment 67150743

Back
Top Bottom