• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Want More F-22s? Here’s What That Would Take

. The future of course is video/ computer fly by wire wings by the thousands with pilot sitting in an air conditioned trailer in Las Vegas.

That would be nice. What about jamming the signal or even taking over the signal and control of the plane.

Our top priority as a country shouldn't be lifting billions from taxpayers to give more **** to military contractor corporations.

Our top priority as a country shouldn't be lifting billions from taxpayers to give more **** to military contractor corporations.

That is a legitimate concern and has always been with us. Citizens need to keep an eye on us. Some stupid things have gone down. However keep in mind that our superiority as a military power comes in no small part from research. Research is hard to accomplish on a budget because much is learned from failure. I can see funds cut every where except DARPA (I mention them often) since they are our edge... no nation in the world will ever out invent us as long as we fund research.

As an aside, this is China's main problem. They have trouble creating things. Thinking out of the box so to speak. It a cultural thing and will hinder them until they learn to be inventors.

This is all the Marine Corps' fault.

Hey! we go back, eh?
The F-111 was probably a noble thing to try. A Joint Strike Fighter of its day. Navy pretty much killed it with Carrier requirements as I recall. At least a few are still flying today.

The American Aardvark's were retired almost 20 years ago.

And the Australian one's (the only other operator) replaced them with F/A-18E/F's a little over 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom