• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wanna Know One Of The Parts Of ObamaCare The Republicans Hate Worse?

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
That a money grubbing' insurance company has to spend at least 80% of it's income from premiums on actual care for it's clients. They don't like anything which will keep a CEO from making $150 million a year.

Done by design to push a single payers system once ObamaCare fails perhaps?

This is why they are fighting so hard to keep it from being implemented. I know they know they cant hold off forever, but they do want to squeeze out as much profit as possible as long as possible. I just hope he doesnt have to pay taxes on that 150 mil, poor guy.
That a money grubbing' insurance company has to spend at least 80% of it's income from premiums on actual care for it's clients. They don't like anything which will keep a CEO from making $150 million a year.

I hope you are right.

I hope I'm right too. There will be no political chance for a single payer system if Obamacare fails.

I won't speak for Republicans, since I'm not one but the part of the legislation I hate worst is.....

It's lack of legitimate, Constitutional standing as a law. I have yet to be shown by anyone the portion of Article I, Section 8 which deals with health, health care, health insurance, or a Government mandate to be involved in anything of the sort.

So what you're saying is that providing the insurance companies with 30mil new clients that they would otherwise not have... and giving them the tools to rise the premiums by 50-110% is going to make the insurance companies CEOs poorer?

Our current system is currently the largest cause of bankruptcy in the country. The most expenseive and mediocre resutls. I can see why the right defends it so. Not.
I hope I'm right too. There will be no political chance for a single payer system if Obamacare fails.

As evidenced by?

Our current system is currently the largest cause of bankruptcy in the country. The most expenseive and mediocre resutls. I can see why the right defends it so. Not.

Our current system expects people to be self-sufficient, an ideal that the Founders of this nation believed in much more than the idea of Government-run health care. That it's the largest cause of bankrupcy speaks more to the inability of people to take care of themselves (on multiple levels) more than anything else.

I hope you are right.

me, too. it's a stupid way to get to what we should have done in the first place, but if it gets us there, the PPACA won't be entirely worthless.

Maybe but perhaps it is because the PPACA will subsidize these 'money grubbing insurance' companies to the tune of ~$180 BILLION annually (as per CBO).

Our current system expects people to be self-sufficient, an ideal that the Founders of this nation believed in much more than the idea of Government-run health care.

Given the Federal Governments move to make more and more people dependent on welfare type programs - that is slowly changing. In the next 30 years or so we may not have a choice as a country given so many will be dependent on government and the welfare state.

This is why they are fighting so hard to keep it from being implemented. I know they know they cant hold off forever, but they do want to squeeze out as much profit as possible as long as possible. I just hope he doesnt have to pay taxes on that 150 mil, poor guy.

He'll figure out a way, more than likely through his accountants or tax lawyers to pay about 14% the way Romney did. I mean that was on an annual income of nearly $15 million. They want to keep it all. An effective rate of 14% is about the same rate that my wife and I pay on less than $100,000.

About three or four years ago General Electric didn't pay a penny on about $15 billion.

For two years, President Obama has been talking about the need for corporate tax reform, declaring that the system is too complicated and that the rich use loopholes.

Last edited:

You mock religious faith,yet seem to have a strong and illogical devotion to Obama and a large federal government.

Given the Federal Governments move to make more and more people dependent on welfare type programs - that is slowly changing. In the next 30 years or so we may not have a choice as a country given so many will be dependent on government and the welfare state.

There is ALWAYS a choice. To accept that ther is no choice IS by definition a choice. The only reason that this would become an issue would be if we were more interested in the appearance of "Fairness" over the Right & Wrong as prescribed in the founding documents of this nation.

There is ALWAYS a choice. To accept that ther is no choice IS by definition a choice. The only reason that this would become an issue would be if we were more interested in the appearance of "Fairness" over the Right & Wrong as prescribed in the founding documents of this nation.

Yes I know not choosing is a choice ... I'm not being philosophical here I'm being a realist. A single payer system forcing you to join it or you get fined for example, is not a choice. It's forced and mandatory with no alternative. That's the road we're on.

Yes I know not choosing is a choice ... I'm not being philosophical here I'm being a realist. A single payer system forcing you to join it or you get fined for example, is not a choice. It's forced and mandatory with no alternative. That's the road we're on.

Yes, there is an alternative. An alternative that has already been used twice on the soil of this continent..... You FIGHT BACK.

For some of us, if nothing else, there is the passive opposition that we will never accept government health care. Some of us would die first, myself included. For many there are options for active resistance.

If everyone does not participate, everyone else, at some point, will have to pay for their medical care. So in the end we all participate anyway. Unless you hop on the iceberg when you get sick.

Yes, there is an alternative. An alternative that has already been used twice on the soil of this continent..... You FIGHT BACK.

For some of us, if nothing else, there is the passive opposition that we will never accept government health care. Some of us would die first, myself included. For many there are options for active resistance.

Until a coherent message and messenger is found, the dependency and indoctrination continues as it has now for the past 25 - 30 years. Those opposed better get going.

Troll thread. Reported.

Why would you report that? You aint an insurance company CEO, are you?

You are suggesting that an entire political ideology does not care how much they pay for insurance (conservatives buy it too) as long as some CEO makes lots of money. It is a ridiculous charge and is clearly a swipe at conservatives as a whole. We have rules against that, read them.

You are exactly correct, well almost exactly, the insurnce CEO aint the only ones making lots of money. In fact our entire healthcare system is profit based. Indeed the Republicans/conservatives seem to have a vested interest in persreving our old system, and I too seriously doubt it has anything to do with how much they care about us. I dont remember in the forum guidelines I could not critize conservatives or liberals motivations as a whole. That would pretty much take all the fun out of a political forum.
You are suggesting that an entire political ideology does not care how much they pay for insurance (conservatives buy it too) as long as some CEO makes lots of money. It is a ridiculous charge and is clearly a swipe at conservatives as a whole. We have rules against that, read them.

Back
Top Bottom