• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walter Mondale has died. RIP.

I was out of the country (and off the grid) when this happened.

RIP Mr. Mondale.

I find a good rule of thumb for movies is to avoid any movie that has "JJ Abrams" in the credits. I don't care if he's producing, directing, editing, consulting, or if he's gaffer #2...... if he had anything to do with the movie, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a steaming pile of crap.

Opps.... thought I posted this in another thread. Apologies.

Seemed like a decent man.

An infinitely decent, honest public servant, senator educator and lawyer has passed today. Posting here is an attempt to avoid the partisan nastiness above. I respect these kinds of threads wherever they are placed about anyone, but many do not. If You have nothing nice to say, don't post at all.

One of the few Democrats I had deep respect for. A decent man in an indecent business, a model for any politician of today. His passing is sad, and I give a belated nod to a good man.

And for those who watched his debates live, his quip "Where's the beef" will live forever in political lore.

Yes, he was.
He was famous for being for a nuclear freeze, the equal rights amendment and less debt.
Whatever happened to Democrats who made sense?

They're probably all standing around using a funeral as an excuse to get a cheap shot in.

Oh no. I have nothing but good memories of Walter Mondale.

Some people just aren't made to be President. In the modern era, Presidents are seen and heard every day, and being a bit crazy is preferable to being a bit dull?

I couldn't stand Mondale. He was one of the biggest critics in Congress of the space program. IIRC at one time supported eliminating NASA entirely.

Perhaps you should get your opinions from something other than bad movies.
I don't get my opinions from movies (don't know what movie you are referencing in this instance anyway. )
It was mentioned in Dr. Robert Zubrins book "The Case for Mars" IIRC.

I don't get my opinions from movies (don't know what movie you are referencing in this instance anyway. )
It was mentioned in Dr. Robert Zubrins book "The Case for Mars" IIRC.

It's also wrong.

Back
Top Bottom