• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walmart is hiring 50,000 more workers before May

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

More good news.

"Last year, Walmart hired about 5,500 pharmacists and pharmacy managers, more than 13,000 pharmacy technicians, and about 4,500 truck drivers. The company employed 1.6 million workers in the United States as of the end of March 2021, according to Walmart's most recent annual report."

Good news for America, let's hope they pay there new employees a fair wage.

Great words of nonsense .

All the required bodies are in black bags and were Vaxxed .

More good news.

"Last year, Walmart hired about 5,500 pharmacists and pharmacy managers, more than 13,000 pharmacy technicians, and about 4,500 truck drivers. The company employed 1.6 million workers in the United States as of the end of March 2021, according to Walmart's most recent annual report."

Fifty thousand more people that taxpayers have to underwrite food stamps and Medicaid for.
Because when you're Wally Mart, you get to underwrite your overhead on the backs of taxpayers.

Socialized overhead, privatized profit.

With over a million workers, they should form a union.

Fifty thousand more people that taxpayers have to underwrite food stamps and Medicaid for.
Because when you're Wally Mart, you get to underwrite your overhead on the backs of taxpayers.

If they didnt have jobs at all, we'd be paying more.

One hopes that it is a stepping stone to more responsibility and/or better jobs. Everyone has to start somewhere. IMO the problem is when they squat in such entry-level jobs for decades.

That might actually be fun, Walmart delivery driver. Bring some joy to lonely people.

the fast food places around here pay 15, while walmart starts people at 12

How do you know that these people aren't jobless and on food stamps right now?

More good news.

so, more than half of those being hired are non-family supporting jobs. Yippee

Will they bring cashiers back? Or do we get to continue our employee discounts at the self checkout

How do you know that these people aren't jobless and on food stamps right now?

You misunderstand what I am getting at.
When you apply for a job at Walmart, first thing you get in your orientation pack is a Medicaid and food stamp application.

If they didnt have jobs at all, we'd be paying more.

One hopes that it is a stepping stone to more responsibility and/or better jobs. Everyone has to start somewhere. IMO the problem is when they squat in such entry-level jobs for decades.

I object to having to pay Walmart's employee healthcare and if their pay is so low that employees need food stamps to eat, then I am also subsidizing their food, too.
The high cost of big box store low prices is that everyone pays, even people like me who never shop there.

If they didn't have jobs at all? Unemployment is at historic lows right now.
The point I am getting at is, Walmart shouldn't get to pass employee pay and bens to taxpayers....they're the largest retail store on Earth.

It's probably smartest not to have a family until you are earning the $ to support one.

I object to having to pay Walmart's employee healthcare and if their pay is so low that employees need food stamps to eat, then I am also subsidizing their food, too.
The high cost of big box store low prices is that everyone pays, even people like me who never shop there.

The point I am getting at is, Walmart shouldn't get to pass employee pay and bens to taxpayers....they're the largest retail store on Earth.

Complain to the states then. Because our state minimum wage is $15/hr and Walmart must comply.

I also dislike having to subsidize those things. But doing so for working people is less than doing so for unemployed people, as I already wrote.

Walmart, like most businesses, hire an employee NOT a family.
Wages are determined by the value of the work to be performed by the employees, and equal pay for the same job usually results in poor performers being paid more than they are worth while the vest performers are paid less than they are worth. But that's collective bargaining works too.

That's why there is a growing movement supporting the concept of a minimum 'living wage'. If you want to get people off govt subsidies, but still have people working at Wallmart etc, you pay a living wage while cutting the overall taxes paid from the savings.

Stuff gets more expensive to buy, but you pay less tax. Theoretically you end up a little better off. Big advantage for any conservative thinkers is that the things you buy carry the full cost of providing them rather than parts of the cost coming from everyones taxes. That's a true cost system where you don't pay anything for that item unless you actually buy one

That's why there is a growing movement supporting the concept of a minimum 'living wage'. If you want to get people off govt subsidies, but still have people working at Wallmart etc, you pay a living wage while cutting the overall taxes paid from the savings.

Stuff gets more expensive to buy, but you pay less tax. Theoretically you end up a little better off. Big advantage for any conservative thinkers is that the things you buy carry the full cost of providing them rather than parts of the cost coming from everyones taxes. That's a true cost system where you don't pay anything for that item unless you actually buy one
I prefer the term "minimum living income". Some work is simply not worth paying what the current minimum wage is. Even hyperinflation does not increase the value of something which has no value to begin with.
If anything at all, government needs to cease subsidizing poor decisions, and promoting good decisions. While the former may be good for getting votes, the latter is the only way to begin resolving most every issue rationally.

Back
Top Bottom