• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walmart is hiring 50,000 more workers before May

Lol... only in some people's right wing pro-business fantasyland is 50,000 more underpaid, government subsidized, food stamp reliant workers "good news".

about 3/4 of all families would never have existed then.....................

Are you claiming that 3/4 of all families start/started out taking public assistance?

When we first arrived in Mansfield TX I needed a job, any job...and I went to Walmart.
I figured if I could get a month's work in while we unpacked and I set up my edit bay it would help.
And when I saw those two items in my orientation pack, they confirmed that everyone gets those.

"Since when?"
---Since always, as far back as she could remember, and she'd been there fifteen years.
Could the policies have changed? I might look in to it, perhaps start an application. Not that I don't believe you, I am just curious what else is on there.

about 3/4 of all families would never have existed then.....................
3/4 seems a bit high, but no matter what the number it would be a good thing overall for societies.

Abe Lincoln's family couldn't afford him...............................I am glad your idea is non-existent

Did they take welfare or other public assistance? Or did they manage to make their own way?

Abe Lincoln's family couldn't afford him...............................I am glad your idea is non-existent
At that time in our history, having a family was more a necessity for survival.

That's something the pure capitalists cannot accept. They love technology, they love AI and they love robotics but they really just wish all the low people would just go away somewhere and die, so they
wouldn't have to be concerned with them. They also want people to stop giving birth to and raising low skilled workers, but then again they won't allow anyone to terminate a pregnancy OR even practice simple birth control.
They want the low people to have some ambition and the wherewithal to move out of those entry level jobs so they can stop complaining about making entry level wages.
UBI, would only fly here if it replaced all the other safety net payouts but it could resolve some of the work force simply not wanting to work.

Did they take welfare or other public assistance? Or did they manage to make their own way?
It has always amazed, when the assistance ISN'T there, people find a way to make things work. When the assistance is ALWAYS there, it creates dependence.

It has always amazed, when the assistance ISN'T there, people find a way to make things work. When the assistance is ALWAYS there, it creates dependence.
People today seem to object to the concept of working more than one job to get ahead while building their skills/experience/getting their education.

I think that Walmart raised their starting wage to $12 an hour,
so single person working at Walmart would take home about $1,800 per month.
I suspect that a person could get by on $1,800 per month.
They are not going to raise a family, but they also will not stay at that rate if they work hard,
show up for work on time, and attempt to keep improving themselves.

I think that Walmart raised their starting wage to $12 an hour,
so single person working at Walmart would take home about $1,800 per month.
I suspect that a person could get by on $1,800 per month.
They are not going to raise a family, but they also will not stay at that rate if they work hard,
show up for work on time, and attempt to keep improving themselves.
It has never been the case that entry level jobs have to be or likely are sufficient to allow a single income earner to support a family.

People today seem to object to the concept of working more than one job to get ahead while building their skills/experience/getting their education.
That does seem to be the excuse for pushing wages that do not make a living wage. It's very much corporate propoganda

I object to having to pay Walmart's employee healthcare and if their pay is so low that employees need food stamps to eat, then I am also subsidizing their food, too.
The high cost of big box store low prices is that everyone pays, even people like me who never shop there.

If they didn't have jobs at all? Unemployment is at historic lows right now.
The point I am getting at is, Walmart shouldn't get to pass employee pay and bens to taxpayers....they're the largest retail store on Earth.

I object to paying other people's healthcare, too. Let's agree that everyone should buy their own health insurance.

And, it's not just Walmart's employees who get government subsidies. Before the American Rescue Act, even people making up to $104,000 were getting subsidies.

So, I don't want to pay for any employee's healthcare, even those making $104,000. Deal?

Now they've even removed the subsidy cliff, meaning even those income earners well over $100,000 are getting subsidies. Do you object?

every generation affects each other through all periods of history. Even in Ancient Rome the poor were a small burden on the public in general, but the poor also contribute in many ways as well. Your argument is poor....

That does seem to be the excuse for pushing wages that do not make a living wage. It's very much corporate propoganda
Or more likely that entry level jobs aren't meant to be for a sole earner to support a family. Want more money? Develop needed skills and move up.

Or more likely that entry level jobs aren't meant to be for a sole earner to support a family. Want more money? Develop needed skills and move up.
Ah yes, that excuse. That is yet another lie that is promoted by the conglomerates

Great, more working welfare recipients because Walmart is greedy and their workers get paid shit.

Ah yes, that excuse. That is yet another lie that is promoted by the conglomerates
Not really a young person starting out has almost no skills, they learn about the job, on the job.
As they get better at doing the job, their value increases. If a person is willing to learn, and do basic
things like show up when they are suppose to, they can advance quickly.

And yet, you have posted nothing factual, mythical, or accurate to change anyone's mind.
What I posted was a fact.
There is a difference between a fact and an opinion

Let us look at some info mixed in with opinon

Back in the 1950's, people started getting paid at 2,32, and could afford an apartment and rent It is equivalent of over 17 dollars now

Summer Jobs for teens are disappering. Those are the ones that were told 'to get experience'

Back
Top Bottom