• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walmart employee forced to wear a yellow vest after boss found out he was gay.

With absolutely no evidence, one guy is claiming that one manager at a store treated him badly. Lawsuits like this are astoundingly common, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to take from it even if we assume that he's telling the truth.

I bet there's more to this story than what this dude is telling. :rofl

Probable reality:
Employee dude - Mr. Manager, I'm gay!

Manager - Really? How nice. Hey, can you go help pick up buggies in the parking lot? Oh, and wear this yellow vest, for safety reasons. It's so you don't get runned over.

This cat's version of reality:
Employee Dude - Mr. Manager, I'm gay!

Manager - Really? Well, then wear this yellow vest, in that case. And, since you're gay, go pick up buggies in the parking lot.

I wonder what kind of real responsibility this guy had, working at Wal Mart, anyway.

Is this how it's going to be in the new outta-control PC world? "They be pickin' on me because I'm gay"? Spare me!!!

"I was completely ignored and shunned," he wrote in a complaint to the rights commission. "I had nothing to do all day but wander around the store wearing a yellow vest no one else had to wear, much like Jews had to wear a yellow star of David in Hitler's Germany."

Godwins Law FTW!!!!

I wouldn't be to sure i live in the "bible belt" people around hear seriously discriminate ageist male homosexuals

The dude, though, lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. . .I don't see a homophobe being able to roost and spawn very successfully.

*edit*
Now I'm laughing over this - imagining someone walking aimlessly around the store with nothing to do.
Have you BEEN in a Walmart? Heck - I shopped at a Walmart in Vegas, might have been the same one! There is ALWAYS something to do.

So the guy at least is a crappy employee with no "go do it" inspiration.

Last edited:
What kind of self-respecting gay man works at Walmart?

Aren't there any Starbucks in Vegas?

I bet there's more to this story than what this dude is telling. :rofl

Probable reality:
Employee dude - Mr. Manager, I'm gay!

Manager - Really? How nice. Hey, can you go help pick up buggies in the parking lot? Oh, and wear this yellow vest, for safety reasons. It's so you don't get runned over.

This cat's version of reality:
Employee Dude - Mr. Manager, I'm gay!

Manager - Really? Well, then wear this yellow vest, in that case. And, since you're gay, go pick up buggies in the parking lot.

I wonder what kind of real responsibility this guy had, working at Wal Mart, anyway.

Is this how it's going to be in the new outta-control PC world? "They be pickin' on me because I'm gay"? Spare me!!!

Well hey I live in a pretty "liberal" area and my gay friends (I only have 3, and they definitely aren't the flamboyant type) get harassed by dickheads every time they leave the one gay bar in town. Discrimination against homosexuals does exist, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his complaint as PC nonsense. I agree with Chevy though, get a new job pal.

This is just wrong and disgusting.

If he was, in fact, singled out in some way for being gay after being confronted with his sexuality then he has a case and should pursue it to its end. With it being a Walmart, in particular, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth buried deep in the center of all the drama. Think about the type of people who land in positions at Walmart:

• Teenagers in their first jobs
  • Uneducated and unskilled workers
  • Elderly people
  • People who would be undesirable at other high paying jobs

Not exactly what I would call the model of an enlightened work pool. The employees at a Walmart pretty much match the typical Walmart shopper. I can easily see discrimination of this type happening at a Walmart. Not saying it did but just because of the environment, it's definitely worth a closer look.

Seeing how there is no evidence of this its basically a he said he said type of case. Even if they had him on camera wearing a yellow vest there is still no evidence that it was done for discriminatory reasons instead of safety or department reasons. I imagine that employee got pissed off about something, maybe no raise, couldn't get a certain day off, couldn't transfer to another department, or something else and decided he wanted to make his boss and possibly walmart pay.

Lavender would have been a more appropriate color if the intention was to "mark him" as a queer.

In my experience its fairly obvious anyway.

If he was, in fact, singled out in some way for being gay after being confronted with his sexuality then he has a case and should pursue it to its end. With it being a Walmart, in particular, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth buried deep in the center of all the drama. Think about the type of people who land in positions at Walmart:

• Teenagers in their first jobs
  • Uneducated and unskilled workers
  • Elderly people
  • People who would be undesirable at other high paying jobs

Not exactly what I would call the model of an enlightened work pool. The employees at a Walmart pretty much match the typical Walmart shopper. I can easily see discrimination of this type happening at a Walmart. Not saying it did but just because of the environment, it's definitely worth a closer look.

Yeah those stupid little people working and shopping at their little peasant stores. They should work as executives,own golf courses, shop at Neiman Marcus and eat caviar. ****en poor people, they just disgust me.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
The safety vests for Walmart are the usual blue vests with orange reflective tape down the shoulders. A yellow vest is not a safety vest, and in fact I have never even seen a yellow vest at Walmart that I can remember.

The safety vests for Walmart are the usual blue vests with orange reflective tape down the shoulders. A yellow vest is not a safety vest, and in fact I have never even seen a yellow vest at Walmart that I can remember.

IS that at all walmarts? I know some companies have different uniforms based on location and job.

Well hey I live in a pretty "liberal" area and my gay friends (I only have 3, and they definitely aren't the flamboyant type) get harassed by dickheads every time they leave the one gay bar in town. Discrimination against homosexuals does exist, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss his complaint as PC nonsense. I agree with Chevy though, get a new job pal.

I'm not skeptical because I doubt that anyone could be prejudiced against gays, I'm doubting it because the majority of employment discrimination cases are garbage cases designed to stir up some press and get a favorable settlement offer.

Yeah those stupid little people working and shopping at their little peasant stores. They should work as executives,own golf courses, shop at Neiman Marcus and eat caviar. ****en poor people, they just disgust me.:mrgreen:

I wasn't making a comment on their economic status. It has nothing to do with rich or poor as evidenced by the fact that I included the elderly and teenagers in their first jobs. I was making a comment on their educations and social backgrounds.

he ought to come work at our walmart, I think that's all they hire, no vest needed

I couldn't agree more. The Good Reverend does not do Walmart.

Of course, it's horrible. The vest should have been muave in color. :mrgreen:

Lavender would have been a more appropriate color if the intention was to "mark him" as a queer.

In my experience its fairly obvious anyway.

You, my dear Dana, are late to the punchline.

Back
Top Bottom