• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walmart, Amazon, McDonalds, Dollar Tree, FedEx Rely On Having Workers On SNAP And Medicaid

You lost me on this. Our economy is built on capitalism. Republican economies are all about rich people getting richer and poor people getting poorer. Democrats simply want to fix that idiocy.
Your vision of what republicans want is sheer mindless leftist stupidity. Made more obvious by the number of uber rich leftists that support the rat party.

Government assistance is something that millions of Americans rely on. This is not simply an issue of people who have gainful employment versus those who do not. This is an issue of income inequality, stagnating wages, and employers who rely on welfare to heighten their profit margins. Tens of millions of military families rely on SNAP assistance to make ends meet. Politicians like Sen. Bernie Sanders have called for the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to study the relationship between federal assistance programs and employers.

On Nov. 18, GAO released their findings on the millions of Americans who work for such low wages that they must rely on federal assistance programs to scrape by. Contradicting the conservative racist and classist fairytale, 70% of Americans receiving federal assistance in some form or another work full time.

Understand, businesses do business, they are not auxiliary welfare offices. Are you aware that until pandemic hit wages were increasing strongly - including those at the lowest levels leading the way at 3.5%?

The fact is unions protect most all workers union members or not. Unions keep the wage scales up thus those who want the best workers must meet that union wage scale to hire. Unions protect workers from
unfair employer practices.

Now Single Payer Insurance would be the absolute best insurance any worker could have because it would eliminate bankruptcies due to medical bills and would eliminate UNDER-INSURED polices the industry
shells out like drunken sailors. And would eliminate citizens from being denied medical care because they could not afford the coverage necessary. All of us would be paying into this coverage so that all of us could
have the best coverage ever........which also means this insurance is not free.

Essentially Walmart, Amazon, McDonalds, Dollar Tree, FedEx and others are billing taxpayers to support their workers. This is every reason to boycott these corporations. And to think
how many tax breaks and loopholes these corporations demand to avoid paying taxes. Remember Wal-Mart and Amazon are not the best prices always.....consumers get duped by their
advertising.

THIS HAS BEEN a practice for at least 30 years typical of tax dollar leeches.

SHOP AROUND is the smartest and most fiscally responsible way to shop. The SHOP AROUND tool will save you money. Don't get anxious EVERYTHING goes on sale sometime which often is the
best avenue to top quality merchandise.

Don't want to use Fedex ..... use the post office. First Class mail is excellent service which is why USPS should never go to private corporations such as FedEX.

Your vision of what Republicans want is sheer mindless leftist stupidity. Made more obvious by the number of uber rich leftists that support the rat party.

There is no reason to use the term "rat party" for Democrats. Despite the reason their symbolic animal is a donkey, the party platform aligns with a very good man who rode on one in the first century.

If my vision of Republicans was wrong, I already would have been proven wrong many times Look at my registration date. How can I be wrong about everything and still not see any proof I am wrong about anything yet? Republicans have a habit of just telling me I am wrong without posting any proof to support their claims about Republican being the love party and Democrat being the hate party.

There is no reason to use the term "rat party" for Democrats. Despite the reason their symbolic animal is a donkey, the party platform aligns with a very good man who rode on one in the first century.

If my vision of Republicans was wrong, I already would have been proven wrong many times Look at my registration date. How can I be wrong about everything and still not see any proof I am wrong about anything yet? Republicans have a habit of just telling me I am wrong without posting any proof to support their claims about Republican being the love party and Democrat being the hate party.
I use it because it is completely applicable. And you ARE wrong. Republicans and conservatives dont support capitalism so rich people can get rich. Thats just stupid leftist tripe. I'd say you are better than that but Ive seen no evidence of it.

It always amuses me when leftists shit themselves over rich conservatives. You people always conveniently ignore reality when it comes to the wealthy in this country and their support of leftist rat politicians.

Government assistance is something that millions of Americans rely on. This is not simply an issue of people who have gainful employment versus those who do not. This is an issue of income inequality, stagnating wages, and employers who rely on welfare to heighten their profit margins. Tens of millions of military families rely on SNAP assistance to make ends meet. Politicians like Sen. Bernie Sanders have called for the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to study the relationship between federal assistance programs and employers.

On Nov. 18, GAO released their findings on the millions of Americans who work for such low wages that they must rely on federal assistance programs to scrape by. Contradicting the conservative racist and classist fairytale, 70% of Americans receiving federal assistance in some form or another work full time.

Not every job is intended to be a career position. Many jobs are part time and don't offer career benefits.

Well if we stopped illegals the wage would rise to the level to attract workers in a free market.

If that were true, they wouldnt have hired the illegals in the first place. They also wouldnt be outsourcing jobs to places they can pay slave wages.

You have it backwards. If you forced employers to pay a reasonable wage, they wouldnt risk the trouble that comes with hiring illegals and would hire US citizens instead.

What do you suppose would happen if that program was eliminated?

One paycheck, for full-time employment, should be enough for anyone to live at the bare minimum. But greedy corporations have not been increasing wages, with the increases in the cost of living, for decades.
Today you are subsidizing their employees food bills, if progressives get their way you will also be paying their medical bills. You all say your against corporate welfare as you demand more of it everyday.

You really need to stay current. Generally speaking it is the left that is educated and the right that is not.

You need to be honest about your greedy, hypocritical, uneducated cult.

Yes, I know honesty is frond on in Trumpism but it does make one a better person.

Educated is a loosely used term.

I know many educated people who are complete losers, and many non tertiary educated people that have college grads working for them.

Educated is a loosely used term.

I know many educated people who are complete losers, and many non tertiary educated people that have college grads working for them.

I can agree with this post yet my generalization stands.

People, mostly children, would go hungry
Or...
The only way a company would be able to attract quality labor would require them to offer decent living wages.
Your allowing yourself to be an emotional hostage to corporate welfare.

Or...
The only way a company would be able to attract quality labor would require them to offer decent living wages.
Your allowing yourself to be an emotional hostage to corporate welfare.
That is factually incorrect. You would create a slave class

Walmart is a great boon for poor people.

Walmart sells everything poor people need and for cheap.

Poor people save money and they can spend that money anyway they want. They can spend it on rent, car repairs, education, whatever. There are no strings attached.

Same with Dollar Tree.

A company that makes its money off of selling things to poor people isn't going to have a lot left over to spend on salaries.

Less people to participate in what?

In the buying and selling of goods. See, it requires money to do so, and if SNAP and other programs went away, so too goes the money that those people were pumping into the economy.

I use it because it is completely applicable. And you ARE wrong. Republicans and conservatives don't support capitalism so rich people can get rich. That's just stupid leftist tripe. I'd say you are better than that but I've seen no evidence of it.

It always amuses me when leftists shit themselves over rich conservatives. You people always conveniently ignore reality when it comes to the wealthy in this country and their support of leftist rat politicians.

Calling Democrat the "rat party" is 100% inappropriate.

Prove me wrong about Republicans wanting the rich to get richer and poor to get poorer. What I said is not a lie because I know what elephants are doing.

Calling Democrat the "rat party" is 100% inappropriate.

Prove me wrong about Republicans wanting the rich to get richer and poor to get poorer. What I said is not a lie because I know what elephants are doing.
For proof all you need to do is look at the INCREASING number of millionaires and new business startups. Its pretty pathetic that you exist toswallow and regurgitate leftist lies...but your citation of their rheotric is precisely why the 'rat' party is such an appropriate label.

For proof all you need to do is look at the INCREASING number of millionaires and new business startups. It's pretty pathetic that you exist to swallow and regurgitate leftist lies, but your citation of their rheotric is precisely why the 'rat' party is such an appropriate label.

My citation is the Bible. What is yours?

There is no reason to accuse me of repeating lies without proving me wrong about everything.

That's what you voted for when you voted for Joe Biden - welfare for billionaires.
All the republicans love shopping at Walmart et al. where I live, so they support the philosophy too. As for me I voted for Joe Biden so the country would have someone looking out for us. Oh, and to get rid of the most corrupt, incompetent, delusional, lying nitwit to ever hold the office.

My citation is the Bible. What is yours?
The Bible is a wonderful source. I especially like how often leftists use the Bible and religion whenever they think they can gain some sort of political advantage, in opposition to their usual scorn disdain, and outright hatred.

My source is reality, but can be seen in Forbes and other sourced articles. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackke...rth-ranks-compared-to-others/?sh=2ac96b83576f

Conservatives want ALL people to succeed. Rats want people crippled, dependent working minimum wage iobs so they can be exploited for political gain. If you need historical perspective, do a little research on the rat party control of major cities in this country and the devastating impact their policies have had on the minority communities in those cities.

Back
Top Bottom