• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WallaPaloosa

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Does anyone out there really believe that this stupid wall is worth shutting down the government for a month?

Seriously.

Trump knew Stone would be indicted. He probably also knows Kushner and Junior are next. And, he certainly knows that his presidency is doomed.

So, one has to wonder.

Why is Trump pushing one of the most unpopular things imaginable and holding the government hostage to do it? His poll numbers have tanked. But, his Evangelical Base remains strong. SO, is this his final gasp? Is Trump simply using this wall thing as a desperate attempt to solidify his base before the white house crumbles down around him?

Does anyone out there really believe that this stupid wall is worth shutting down the government for a month?

Seriously.

Trump knew Stone would be indicted. He probably also knows Kushner and Junior are next. And, he certainly knows that his presidency is doomed.

So, one has to wonder.

Why is Trump pushing one of the most unpopular things imaginable and holding the government hostage to do it? His poll numbers have tanked. But, his Evangelical Base remains strong. SO, is this his final gasp? Is Trump simply using this wall thing as a desperate attempt to solidify his base before the white house crumbles down around him?

I think he is delusional. Honestly. Narcissistic Personality Disorder would be the driver to cause the delusional perspective. Common mental states of the human condition, but the extremes of these conditions can be problematic.
/

Seriously.

So, one has to wonder.

There's posters on this very board who will defend that wall to the very crumbling end of it, so yes I do believe there are still stubborn ass people who will defend that stupid wall is worth a government shutdown.

Seriously.

So, one has to wonder.

No and yes. When Ann and Rush called him a failed president without keeping his campaign promise of a wall, that was the trigger that set him off refusing to sign the bill he was going to sign the day before. Once realized he could very well lose his base over the wall, then he wanted it.

Seriously.

No. I don't think it's worth it at all, but this is also about political posturing for both Trump and the Democrats. Trump is demanding $5.7 billion for a southern border barrier and threatening to veto any bill that doesn't contain that funding, so it's not going to look good Congress to just cave in to that threat. Trump seems dead set on the barrier because it was a campaign promise, so I don't see him budging. As for the Democrats, they have a bit of leverage since Trump stated he would own the shut down and there isn't a massive amount of public support for the barrier; even after Trump's speech. Eventually this is going to reach that point where all involved are going to take hits as more Federal employees start feeling the dire effects of not getting their paychecks.

So, one has to wonder.

I don't think anything is certain until the investigation concludes, but as people close to Trump get indicted, I'm sure Trump has to be concerned that the level of detail exercised by Mueller is going to connect some interesting dots.

It's his vision of border security, and in fairness, the concept of a wall as a means of security is a pretty basic concept; the thing is using one for border security on almost 2,000 miles of land is not the same thing. I think if he would have pitched the currently modified scope with a comprehensive immigration plan that sought to enforce e-verify and really end the cheap labor racket, this probably wouldn't be the mess that it is. Trump just kept spitting out silly ideas about Mexico paying for it, and that it would be a wall from sea to shining sea etc. and at some point rhetoric meets reality. I don't know if in Trump's mind building it is something he perceives as his last hurrah; I doubt it though. I'm sure he wants to sort out the trade situation with China and make something happen with North Korea.

No and yes. When Ann and Rush called him a failed president without keeping his campaign promise of a wall, that was the trigger that set him off refusing to sign the bill he was going to sign the day before. Once realized he could very well lose his base over the wall, then he wanted it.

I read somewhere, maybe Twitter, that the "wall" was just a cue card used to remind the candidate to talk about border security. Apparently Trump is so dumb he actually said, "Wall." And, that is how we now have "wall" as the cornerstone to this crumbling presidency.

****ing poetic, if true.

Back
Top Bottom