• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace interviews Pelosi...the latter making no sense

2distracted

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've had some problems w Wallace before but he's one of the few seemingly non partisan interviewers

And u know...I was ready to really listen to Pelosi..I opened my mind as much as a person can do so without letting the old gray matter fall out

And by dadgum...I still couldn't decipher what the hell she was talking about..

I understood every word Wallace said but Pelosi ... gibberish

It was supposed to be about helping people victimized by the virus

Wallace Essentially asked her why the Democrats don't want to cooperate w Republicans to get help to those in need..

It was bizarre how little sense she made ..if any.

Seemed she was talking about...I don't know...martians or something...

My mind began to wander and wonder...

When u serve the devil long enough, he eventually turns on u...I couldn't help thinking.

She seems to have the same malady as Biden

"And u know...I was ready to really listen to Pelosi," he said, and I stopped reading.

You need to get your mind in check; sort things out.

As for what you're claiming Peloisi said, well; you actually didn't say anything.

I've had some problems w Wallace before but he's one of the few seemingly non partisan interviewers

And u know...I was ready to really listen to Pelosi..I opened my mind as much as a person can do so without letting the old gray matter fall out

Wallace Essentially asked her why the Democrats don't want to cooperate w Republicans to get help to those in need..

When u serve the devil long enough, he eventually turns on u...I couldn't help thinking.

Wallace is a Progressive Republican and he shows it from time to time but he is mostly fair with his interviews.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The gibberish from Pelosi to a rather straight forward question is that the 'Master Legislator' was boxed into a corner of her own making without a good answer.

Seems her blinding TDS got the best of her and the 'Master Legislator' was politically out maneuvered.

Realistically, none of the leading Democrats, Pelosi, Schumer, Clyburn, Hoyer, AOC and the 'Squad', none of them would have an good answer to this straight forward question.

Remember as you enter the voting booth in November. These people, as do most Democrats, prioritize their politics and their political interests over the best interests of the electorate.

Seriously. Got any quotes, anything to discuss, or is the topic you and your inability to understand?

The gibberish from Pelosi to a rather straight forward question is that the 'Master Legislator' was boxed into a corner of her own making without a good answer.

Seems her blinding TDS got the best of her and the 'Master Legislator' was politically out maneuvered.

Realistically, none of the leading Democrats, Pelosi, Schumer, Clyburn, Hoyer, AOC and the 'Squad', none of them would have an good answer to this straight forward question.

Remember as you enter the voting booth in November. These people, as do most Democrats, prioritize their politics and their political interests over the best interests of the electorate.

You too. Do you have any quotes illustrating her speaking gibberish? Or is your inability to understand her the subject of your post?

You need to get your mind in check; sort things out.

As for what you're claiming Peloisi said, well; you actually didn't say anything.

Exactly

She gave us what has been called a nothing burger

Blame her

You too. Do you have any quotes illustrating her speaking gibberish? Or is your inability to understand her the subject of your post?

What would you make of her dodging answer to a straight forward question?

“You’re known as a master negotiator, but didn’t you mess this one up?” Mr. Wallace asked on Sunday. “You knew that the president was threatening to take this executive action. I understand that you weren’t going to get everything you wanted and didn’t get everything you wanted, but should you have cut a deal?”

Mrs. Pelosi bristled at the question.

“How do you justify tens-of-billions of dollars to feed the hungry to $250,000?” she asked. “You understand how far apart we are just by that example. … Let’s put it this way: We have to reach an agreement. Children are food insecure. Families are at the risk of being evicted. The virus is moving like a freight train even though the president has ignored and delayed and distorted what that is. Something’s wrong. When you look at those executive orders, the kindest thing I can say is he doesn’t know what he’s talking about or something’s wrong there.”

Mr. Wallace noted that in the absence of principled compromise between legislators, “a lot of people and a lot of entities that were in need ending up with nothing.”

“They were offering $150 billion for cities and states,” the Fox host said. “You wanted $900 billion.”
Chris Wallace asks 'master negotiator' Pelosi why she played into Trump's hands on COVID-19 relief - Washington Times

Word salad followed by diversion, and not an answer. You disagree? Please explain in lengthy detail what she mean then.

Realistically, Pelosi was stumbling around with an incoherent and dodging answer because she doesn't have a coherent answer.

She also knows that if she were honest, that her decision was driven by hatred of Trump (can't give him a win) at the cost of the electorate, if would be significantly politically worse for her.

Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

I mean, believe whatever you have to, and imagine whatever the **** you want, but seriously?
This counts as a coherent answer to the question for you?

Wallace is a Progressive Republican and he shows it from time to time but he is mostly fair with his interviews.

Too bad Ms Congresswoman can't say the same

Your tax dollars at work

I saw this interview. Yeah, Pelosi looked unprepared, and her delivery was hard to follow. I swear the thought that occurred to was how bad Trump, Pelosi, and Biden are becoming. All three of them are over-the-hill and talk word salad. It's disappointing & disconcerting.

Did she go on faux? If she went on faux, that was a predictably poor decision.

I'm sorry, Democrats. You need someone like me in the room, because you aren't being smart. Watch designated survivor. I am a bit like Lyor. Find a Kirkman first, and then find a Lyor. I am not your Lyor, because I don't want to deal with your dumb mistakes. Perhaps that makes me your best Lyor. Who knows. However, I'm dealing with the pandemic. Figure it out.

What would you make of her dodging answer to a straight forward question?

Word salad followed by diversion, and not an answer. You disagree? Please explain in lengthy detail what she mean then.

Realistically, Pelosi was stumbling around with an incoherent and dodging answer because she doesn't have a coherent answer.

She also knows that if she were honest, that her decision was driven by hatred of Trump (can't give him a win) at the cost of the electorate, if would be significantly politically worse for her.

Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

I mean, believe whatever you have to, and imagine whatever the **** you want, but seriously?
This counts as a coherent answer to the question for you?

Those people are scared of 2020

Despite Ms media's constant barrage of antiTrump rhetoric and hate people can see all that he's accomplished with their own eyes

Lately there's an interesting..I mean ANOTHER interesting story about a person with a highly unjust sentence, I believe for selling weed, about to get out of prison bc of Trump .. the guy had a life sentence, I believe, e yet didn't ki ll Anyone!!

Told ya this country has a long way to go to be great...I refer to that sentence but bc Trump is president, we are great-ER

2020 Make liberals cry again

Donald Trump is trying to kill Social Security Insurance and Medicare Insurance by erasing the tax that funds both in the name of giving people more money to spend under the umbrella of COVID 19..........

Social Security Insurance can easily provide $1100 per month and Medicare Insurance picks up 80% of health care costs which is better than most who are paying for insurance

Rump the dumb is trying to scam citizens one more by funding privatization with our tax dollars which is grand theft with a touch of fraud

Pelosi is concerned about the above no question about it.

Donald Trump is trying to kill Social Security Insurance and Medicare Insurance by erasing the tax that funds both in the name of giving people more money to spend under the umbrella of COVID 19..........

Social Security Insurance can easily provide $1100 per month and Medicare Insurance picks up 80% of health care costs which is better than most who are paying for insurance

Rump the dumb is trying to scam citizens one more by funding privatization with our tax dollars which is grand theft with a touch of fraud

Where's the proof...or do you think we should all just bieve you because...I don't know...because u posted something

Show the proof

I don't see Trump cutting off the SS for everyone...political suicide if nothing else

Can you link to the interview so the rest of us can either see what you're talking about or come to our own conclusions?

I saw this interview. Yeah, Pelosi looked unprepared, and her delivery was hard to follow. I swear the thought that occurred to was how bad Trump, Pelosi, and Biden are becoming. All three of them are over-the-hill and talk word salad. It's disappointing & disconcerting.
Trump caught them flatfooted this time around. I am sure the dem think tank is hard at work on how to reframe things to their advantage.

Trump caught them flatfooted this time around. I am sure the dem think tank is hard at work on how to reframe things to their advantage.

Agreed.

Thing is though, Trump's E.O.'s may become a disaster. But he still won the day politically, at least for the moment, and Pelosi was caught off guard. She over-played her hand.

MSN 9 hours ago

But the most potentially far-reaching order concerns the payroll tax, which funds Social Security and part of Medicare. This order, along with comments Trump made at the signing ceremony, poses a mortal threat to the 64 million Americans who currently receive Social Security benefits and the hundreds of millions more who will receive benefits in coming decades.

If he's reelected, Trump said, he will "terminate" the payroll tax. Make no mistake: He's talking about bankrupting Social Security.

It's rare that a president has made such a compelling case for his own electoral defeat. Yet his campaign was so proud of this threat that it tweeted out Trump's words within minutes.

Social Security advocates weren't nearly so sanguine.

"This is all a very well thought-out campaign to undermine Social Security and Medicare," Wiliam F. Arnone, chief executive of the National Academy of Social Insurance, told me. The order threatens to "erode the economic security of millions of Americans, without bringing meaningful relief for unemployed workers or employers."

Rep. John B. Larson (D-Conn.) the sponsor of a proposal to expand Social Security, called the order "the single worst way to get relief to beleaguered Americans ... stealing from their retirement to make up for the administration’s failure to contain the virus."

He's right. We've written before that cutting or deferring the payroll tax does almost nothing for the vast majority of working Americans, not to mention those out of work, would overwhelmingly benefit the rich, and would knock the key source of financing out from under Social Security while opening the door to massive benefit cuts.

Trump's executive order boasts of its being a "modest, targeted action." It's anything but. The order says it will "put money directly in the pockets of American workers ... right when the money is needed most." It won't do that.

Trump nevertheless has been obsessed with the idea of a payroll tax cut, for reasons that are impossible to apprehend. One might not have thought this possible, but his executive order makes things even worse.

Can you link to the interview so the rest of us can either see what you're talking about or come to our own conclusions?

I can't do Links

Go to fox news.com or fox on You Tube

Did she go on faux? If she went on faux, that was a predictably poor decision.

I'm sorry, Democrats. You need someone like me in the room, because you aren't being smart. Watch designated survivor. I am a bit like Lyor. Find a Kirkman first, and then find a Lyor. I am not your Lyor, because I don't want to deal with your dumb mistakes. Perhaps that makes me your best Lyor. Who knows. However, I'm dealing with the pandemic. Figure it out.
It was Fox. Fox on Sunday. But Wallace handled her very fairly. He was extremely considerate, cordial, and gave her plenty of floor to respond & make her points. She just had a mediocre day.

MSN 9 hours ago

But the most potentially far-reaching order concerns the payroll tax, which funds Social Security and part of Medicare. This order, along with comments Trump made at the signing ceremony, poses a mortal threat to the 64 million Americans who currently receive Social Security benefits and the hundreds of millions more who will receive benefits in coming decades.

If he's reelected, Trump said, he will "terminate" the payroll tax. Make no mistake: He's talking about bankrupting Social Security.

It's rare that a president has made such a compelling case for his own electoral defeat. Yet his campaign was so proud of this threat that it tweeted out Trump's words within minutes.

"This is all a very well thought-out campaign to undermine Social Security and Medicare," Wiliam F. Arnone, chief executive of the National Academy of Social Insurance, told me. The order threatens to "erode the economic security of millions of Americans, without bringing meaningful relief for unemployed workers or employers."

Rep. John B. Larson (D-Conn.) the sponsor of a proposal to expand Social Security, called the order "the single worst way to get relief to beleaguered Americans ... stealing from their retirement to make up for the administration’s failure to contain the virus."

He's right. We've written before that cutting or deferring the payroll tax does almost nothing for the vast majority of working Americans, not to mention those out of work, would overwhelmingly benefit the rich, and would knock the key source of financing out from under Social Security while opening the door to massive benefit cuts.

Trump's executive order boasts of its being a "modest, targeted action." It's anything but. The order says it will "put money directly in the pockets of American workers ... right when the money is needed most." It won't do that.

Trump nevertheless has been obsessed with the idea of a payroll tax cut, for reasons that are impossible to apprehend. One might not have thought this possible, but his executive order makes things even worse.

Get outa here

How in God's name would cutting the payroll tax benefit rich people?

Geez...wish ppl would stop making up stuff just to ensure their wimpy, senile, WhereAmIAtAgain candidate becomes president

MSN 9 hours ago

With the states not having the hundred bucks for their 25%, the unemployment relief may be becoming a mess - too. Treasury is now saying the states can just take 300 then, ask for money from the leftover federal PPP funds, and then pass it on. It's starting to sound like a mess.

Back
Top Bottom