• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace interviews Pelosi...the latter making no sense

I meant to say not passed.
As of always no bill was ever going to passed without bipartisan support with split houses in congress. As it stands now, pelosi passed a bill that the senate will not sign on too. She csn either rewrite a new bill that they will agree to or live with the EOs. Those are her options unless she wants to take Trump to court and stop the aid that is flowing to people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

She did. She reduced it by 1/3. The R's never came back. Actually, they left town.
I guess the EOs is what she is going with. Since congress left town.

Hope we don't need FEMA money for Hurricanes or other natural disasters.
I hope my employer won't stop my payroll taxes either, I don't want to pay a lump sum of all that money in January.

The smart people of the country see the R's didn't bother to even operate in good faith.

She did. She reduced it by 1/3. The R's never came back. Actually, they left town.
I guess the EOs is what she is going with. Since congress left town.

Hope we don't need FEMA money for Hurricanes or other natural disasters.
I hope my employer won't stop my payroll taxes either, I don't want to pay a lump sum of all that money in January.

The smart people of the country see the R's didn't bother to even operate in good faith.
Do you feel including SALT deductions is a good faith offer by Dems?
As a progressive, I am curious how you feel about rich people being allowed to have that deduction and also why you feel it should be included with a coronovirus deduction

Do you feel including SALT deductions is a good faith offer by Dems?
As a progressive, I am curious how you feel about rich people being allowed to have that deduction and also why you feel it should be included with a coronovirus deduction

I don't know anything about said SALT deduction.

Hypocritical HEROES Act Provision Would Give Rich Americans $75 Billion Tax Windfall

So the dems want to do what the R's did. It's why I care nothing for either corrupt party.

Last edited:
Fair enough but dont pretend like the stalemate in congress is all one partys fault.

When 1 party won't show up to the negotiations, I will say the stalemate is the fault of the party sitting out.
It takes 2 to negotiate.

When 1 party won't show up to the negotiations, I will say the stalemate is the fault of the party sitting out.
It takes 2 to negotiate.
Which party decided it was important to gome for 2 months instead of staying conveined until a deal is worked out?
Hey no worries though, Obama left Trump his pen. Trump can do what our Congress is unwilling to do. They can all bitch moan about him doing what they cant while people are getting the help tbey need.

Which party decided it was important to gome for 2 months instead of staying conveined until a deal is worked out?
Hey no worries though, Obama left Trump his pen. Trump can do what our Congress is unwilling to do. They can all bitch moan about him doing what they cant while people are getting the help tbey need.

The republican party.
The house passed a new package in May.
The Senate, McConnell in particular, sat on it. Until the week of expiration. Then McConnell said he isn't going to participate in the negotiations.
Because he could not get the R senators do even agree to talk among themselves. 20 or so Senators don't want any new money for stimulus. They are all R senators. You know this, yes?

The republican party.
The house passed a new package in May.
The Senate, McConnell in particular, sat on it. Until the week of expiration. Then McConnell said he isn't going to participate in the negotiations.
Because he could not get the R senators do even agree to talk among themselves. 20 or so Senators don't want any new money for stimulus. They are all R senators. You know this, yes?
I absolutely am aware of the republicans position. I am also aware of the speaker of the house calling recess so everyone can go home and campagin, instead of continuing the negotiations. Neither party is operating in the best interests of the people. Both of them are doing whats best for themselves. You seem to think it all one sided and I am telling you its not.

I absolutely am aware of the republicans position. I am also aware of the speaker of the house calling recess so everyone can go home and campagin, instead of continuing the negotiations. Neither party is operating in the best interests of the people. Both of them are doing whats best for themselves. You seem to think it all one sided and I am telling you its not.

Who was she to negotiate with?
McConnell refused. And the Senate went home? Surely you know this also?

How can she negotiate when there is no other person to negotiate with? Why do I have to keep repeating myself with you?

If one side is negotiating, dropped the 1st asking prices by 1/3. And the other side doesn't show up and goes home, how is it both sides?

Back
Top Bottom