• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace interviews Pelosi...the latter making no sense

Oh, I am quite aware of the situation. I do not agree with privatization of our mail, and I agree with voter suppression even less.

Where's the post that says

I want voter suppression?

I do believe I just did, and you are dodging. :shrug:

Done with you here.

No you did not. I showed you how she was perfectly coherent, even if you disagree with her.

Yes, but the Devil is in the details. Successfully implementing these programs in E.O. fashion might be more difficult than it would appear, if it even can be done, legally or otherwise.

My post #33 above, puts forth some of the potential SNAFUs: DP

There are issues

There were issues leaving the number at the extra $ 600

I have friends that own businesses

They couldnt get their employees back because they were making more on unemployment than working

Now all of those employees knew there was an expiration date on those extra dollars....

Some will no doubt go back to work now....some wont....waiting for the new benefits to kick in and waiting out the pandemic

The issue was businesses open, and employees making so much on UE that they dont want to work to lose money

That EXTRA $ 600 a week was kicking most people up to $ 850-1000 a week in unemployment

And they get to sit on their ass and collect it....that was the ISSUE

Pelosi needs to stay out of her wine cellar and more time in her ice cream freezer! Q 2024

Funny, and sad watching Trumpsters desperately trying to point the finger at other peoples gaffes and them 'not being coherent'...lol.. But they don't care that they cult god makes gaffes every single day.

Trump just said the Spanish Flu of 1917-1918 ended WWII(ended in 1945).....lol..

I think that was the war between 'Thighland' and Yo-Semite.

Trump is a blabbering moron who obviously is having serious mental problems. But with Republicans and Trumpsters it's party before country. They don't give a rats ass that Trump is mentally incompetent and destroying the country.

I've had some problems w Wallace before but he's one of the few seemingly non partisan interviewers

And u know...I was ready to really listen to Pelosi..I opened my mind as much as a person can do so without letting the old gray matter fall out

And by dadgum...I still couldn't decipher what the hell she was talking about..

I understood every word Wallace said but Pelosi ... gibberish

It was supposed to be about helping people victimized by the virus

Wallace Essentially asked her why the Democrats don't want to cooperate w Republicans to get help to those in need..

It was bizarre how little sense she made ..if any.

Seemed she was talking about...I don't know...martians or something...

My mind began to wander and wonder...

When u serve the devil long enough, he eventually turns on u...I couldn't help thinking.

She seems to have the same malady as Biden

Potato.

Funny, and sad watching Trumpsters desperately trying to point the finger at other peoples gaffes and them 'not being coherent'...lol.. But they don't care that they cult god makes gaffes every single day.

Trump just said the Spanish Flu of 1917-1918 ended WWII(ended in 1945).....lol..

I think that was the war between 'Thighland' and Yo-Semite.

Trump is a blabbering moron who obviously is having serious mental problems. But with Republicans and Trumpsters it's party before country. They don't give a rats ass that Trump is mentally incompetent and destroying the country.

I saw him say that. And then rewound it and listened to it repeatedly because I couldn't believe he actually said it. But he did.

Trump is stupid. His supporters are breathtakingly ignorant.

The senate was NEVER going to give Nancy what she wanted

She wasnt moving enough....

Trump bypassed her, and the idiots in the senate who thought they could stonewall the entire process

Now congress as a whole looks like assholes....

I hate EO's but love that these may be the ones that actually get deal making back in DC

Duh, I said it was a start point for negotiations.
The Senate Rs are so fractured, they didn't even bother to negotiate.

Not moving fast enough? WTF, the Senate is sitting out.
She reduced her $3T to $2T.

Congress always looks like assholes

The EOs are looking to be useless.

You think its the republicans fault that she does not have a coherent response to Trumos EO?
Let me take a shot in the dark on how this plays in your head.
If only those stubborn senate republicans would of just signed on to the 3 trillion dollar wish list that the democrats passed months ago, then Trump would not of passed the EOs that put democrats in the awkward position that they are in now. Democrats have no blame for including things that they knew were nonstarters for the goo in the senate. The fault is entirely on republicans. Do I have it about it right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tRUMPs EO are because the R senate could not negotiate. They can't even agree among themselves.

tRUMPs runaround won't get much traction. IMO.

Your head seems to be a mess.
Pelosi dropped 1/3 of her request.

tRUMPs EO are because the R senate could not negotiate. They can't even agree among themselves.

tRUMPs runaround won't get much traction. IMO.

Your head seems to be a mess.
Pelosi dropped 1/3 of her request.
I dont dispute that the Republicans share some of the blame for being unable to get a bill to the presidents desk. What I said is it isnts Trumps fault that Congress is unable to pass a bill. His EOs are doing what Congress is unable to do.

There are issues

There were issues leaving the number at the extra $ 600

I have friends that own businesses

They couldnt get their employees back because they were making more on unemployment than working

Now all of those employees knew there was an expiration date on those extra dollars....

Some will no doubt go back to work now....some wont....waiting for the new benefits to kick in and waiting out the pandemic

The issue was businesses open, and employees making so much on UE that they dont want to work to lose money

That EXTRA $ 600 a week was kicking most people up to $ 850-1000 a week in unemployment

And they get to sit on their ass and collect it....that was the ISSUE
First of all, it's illegal to refuse a job offer while collecting comp. Your friend should inform the board that his employee refuses to come back to work.

But what do we do about people that made higher wages? That 600 doesn't even come close to replacement wages. There's two sides to this story. To say nothing of not enough jobs to go around. This month's jobs number was a huge decrease over the previous two months.

First of all, it's illegal to refuse a job offer while collecting comp. Your friend should inform the board that his employee refuses to come back to work.

But what do we do about people that made higher wages? That 600 doesn't even come close to replacement wages. There's two sides to this story. To say nothing of not enough jobs to go around. This month's jobs number was a huge decrease over the previous two months.

the unemployment offices arent even taking those types of calls right now

you fill out a form, and submit it

they will get to it when they can....and yes, some of those people "may get charged back" because they turned down jobs

but with the UE offices operating at minimal staff levels, i really dont expect much to come out of there

their marching orders are to get the checks out to people...PERIOD

which i understand....that should be the priority....

i just hate people taking advantage of situations....

and someone who was making $ 15 bucks an hour (600 a week) being offered a job, and having no health reasons not to take it....that hits me the wrong damn way

Duh, I said it was a start point for negotiations.
The Senate Rs are so fractured, they didn't even bother to negotiate.

Not moving fast enough? WTF, the Senate is sitting out.
She reduced her $3T to $2T.

Congress always looks like assholes

The EOs are looking to be useless.

Look i was in the car business for 35 years plus

pelosi's offer was what we called the moon shot

you give someone an offer so ridiculous, and then peel them off the ceiling (it was a tactic we used back in the 80's and 90's) when a customer had been lowballed at some other dealer down the street.....

the number we gave them we knew was ridiculously high....we were just trying to get their thinking higher, because the number in their head was ridiculously low and we couldnt make a deal there.....

it is bull**** tactics (and even the car business stopped it years ago)

3 billion wasnt even a starter....and she should have known it

You think its the republicans fault that she does not have a coherent response to Trumos EO?
Let me take a shot in the dark on how this plays in your head.
If only those stubborn senate republicans would of just signed on to the 3 trillion dollar wish list that the democrats passed months ago, then Trump would not of passed the EOs that put democrats in the awkward position that they are in now. Democrats have no blame for including things that they knew were nonstarters for the goo in the senate. The fault is entirely on republicans. Do I have it about it right?

I dont dispute that the Republicans share some of the blame for being unable to get a bill to the presidents desk. What I said is it isnts Trumps fault that Congress is unable to pass a bill. His EOs are doing what Congress is unable to do.

You certainly went out of your way to dismiss the Republicans in the above post I responded to.
And even tried and failed miserably at projecting what I think.

The R's in Senate have the large share of the blame. They didn't even attend the negotiations. They don't have a plan to start the negotiating process on their end.

Discussing COVID economic relief with Charles Payne (yeah) Brian Kilmeade lets the truth slip out.

Republicans were never going to vote for any relief money. It's been widely reported for weeks there are around 20 of them that don't want to spend a dime. Kilmeade wasn't that specific here, but basically admitted as much.
Brian Kilmeade Admits Republicans Are NEVER Going To Vote For More Covid Aid | Crooks and Liars

Look i was in the car business for 35 years plus

pelosi's offer was what we called the moon shot

you give someone an offer so ridiculous, and then peel them off the ceiling (it was a tactic we used back in the 80's and 90's) when a customer had been lowballed at some other dealer down the street.....

the number we gave them we knew was ridiculously high....we were just trying to get their thinking higher, because the number in their head was ridiculously low and we couldnt make a deal there.....
Discussing COVID economic relief with Charles Payne (yeah) Brian Kilmeade lets the truth slip out.

Republicans were never going to vote for any relief money. It's been widely reported for weeks there are around 20 of them that don't want to spend a dime. Kilmeade wasn't that specific here, but basically admitted as much.
it is bull**** tactics (and even the car business stopped it years ago)

3 billion wasnt even a starter....and she should have known it

The numbers on the table at the start. $3T house passed. $1T R's proposed. But that was pie in the sky, because there's about 20 Rs that want no more stimulus.
She dropped from $3T to $2T. In most negoitations, the R's make a counter proposal. They did nothing.

Brian Kilmeade Admits Republicans Are NEVER Going To Vote For More Covid Aid | Crooks and Liars

McConnell himself has not been present at the negotiating table with White House officials and top Democrats amid bitter infighting among members of the GOP, though CNN notes that his opinion is still “extremely important” in the negotiations.
McConnell Says Senate Will Delay Recess To Negotiate, But Some GOP Leaders Don’t Think A Deal Is Coming

Last edited:
The numbers on the table at the start. $3T house passed. $1T R's proposed. But that was pie in the sky, because there's about 20 Rs that want no more stimulus.
She dropped from $3T to $2T. In most negoitations, the R's make a counter proposal. They did nothing.

McConnell himself has not been present at the negotiating table with White House officials and top Democrats amid bitter infighting among members of the GOP, though CNN notes that his opinion is still “extremely important” in the negotiations.
McConnell Says Senate Will Delay Recess To Negotiate, But Some GOP Leaders Don’t Think A Deal Is Coming

you changed my post....adding your own writing to mine (yet not making that change stand out) making it clear where your post started.....

that sir is extremely DISHONEST and has been reported.....

NEVER do that again

you changed my post....adding your own writing to mine (yet not making that change stand out) making it clear where your post started.....

that sir is extremely DISHONEST and has been reported.....

NEVER do that again

It was a mistake.

I copy/pasted 2X. I didn't know what happened on the 1st paste. I see it pasted in wrong spot. Not done on purpose.
Sorry.

It was a mistake.

I copy/pasted 2X. I didn't know what happened on the 1st paste. I see it pasted in wrong spot. Not done on purpose.
Sorry.

appreciate that

too many wont admit their mistakes on here

thank you!

You certainly went out of your way to dismiss the Republicans in the above post I responded to.
And even tried and failed miserably at projecting what I think.

The R's in Senate have the large share of the blame. They didn't even attend the negotiations. They don't have a plan to start the negotiating process on their end.

For the sake of argument, lets say everything you said is true. How is any of that Trumps fault?

For the sake of argument, lets say everything you said is true. How is any of that Trumps fault?

I never said it was tRUMPs fault.
I said its the Republicans fault. They are fractured and didn't bother to even negotiate. McConnell walked away.

I never said it was tRUMPs fault.
I said its the Republicans fault. They are fractured and didn't bother to even negotiate. McConnell walked away.
My bad, you did blame her lack or preparedness on the republicans not Trump. Basically you are blaming the republicans for passing her bill, yes?

My bad, you did blame her lack or preparedness on the republicans not Trump. Basically you are blaming the republicans for passing her bill, yes?

No bill was passed. No bill was even negotiated except by WH. And Pelosi reduced her $$$ amount by $1T. From $3T to $2T.
The R's sorta started at $1T, bu that wasn't good as there are R's that want no stimulus. So, McConnel didn't bother to negotiate.

As of now, the only way any bill passes is by bipartisan support.

No bill was passed. No bill was even negotiated except by WH. And Pelosi reduced her $$$ amount by $1T. From $3T to $2T.
The R's sorta started at $1T, bu that wasn't good as there are R's that want no stimulus. So, McConnel didn't bother to negotiate.

As of now, the only way any bill passes is by bipartisan support.

I meant to say not passed.
As of always no bill was ever going to passed without bipartisan support with split houses in congress. As it stands now, pelosi passed a bill that the senate will not sign on too. She csn either rewrite a new bill that they will agree to or live with the EOs. Those are her options unless she wants to take Trump to court and stop the aid that is flowing to people.

the unemployment offices arent even taking those types of calls right now

you fill out a form, and submit it

they will get to it when they can....and yes, some of those people "may get charged back" because they turned down jobs

but with the UE offices operating at minimal staff levels, i really dont expect much to come out of there

their marching orders are to get the checks out to people...PERIOD

which i understand....that should be the priority....

i just hate people taking advantage of situations....

and someone who was making $ 15 bucks an hour (600 a week) being offered a job, and having no health reasons not to take it....that hits me the wrong damn way
That's fair.

Back
Top Bottom