• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace interviews Pelosi...the latter making no sense

he is the best tool fox ever had. i don't feel sorry for him for ruining his integrity anymore. he is a Republican weapon, and he is very good. look at him that way, and you'll see what i mean.
To your point, a weakness I have noticed about Trump os that while is very good at attacking his critics he does not do well with softball questions that he should hit out of the park. Its like he is unprepared for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Her fragmented speaking seemed to occur when she was summarizing a point she already made in greater detail earlier in the interview. In context, it is much less 'word salad' when taken that way. The blurb we saw from eohrnberger is lacking a lot of context and makes her response seem far more awkward than it actually was.
I never saw anything from this thread, but did watch the entire interview live.

I knew what she was getting at the entire time, but just felt she was doing a terrible job of it. Like I said in an earlier post, she just came across as an elderly person stumbling through her delivery. Not stumbling grossly bad, but still showing her age.

I see that in Biden often enough, too. And Trump has his own unique problems. But they all seem to be part of the over-the-hill gang. And it is disconcerting. I never felt that way about Obama. Not in the least.

Yes, he did elevate himself. But whether he can pull it off, legally or otherwise, is in question. He may be hoping Congress bails him out, and he then claims credit.

Mnuchin was on CNBC first thing this morning, saying he wants to work with Pelosi & Schumer to out together a deal. We shall see ...
Of course he is saying that. Its part of the show. If they work out a deal Trump will scold pelosi for being an ineffective leader that needed him to break the stalemate.
I honestly dont see a way out for her that does not include her eating some humble pie. Trumps challenge is to be gracious about his win. Im not sure thats something he knows how to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I never saw anything from this thread, but did watch the entire interview live.

I knew what she was getting at the entire time, but just felt she was doing a terrible job of it. Like I said in an earlier post, she just came across as an elderly person stumbling through her delivery. Not stumbling grossly bad, but still showing her age.

I see that in Biden often enough, too. And Trump has his own unique problems. But they all seem to be part of the over-the-hill gang. And it is disconcerting. I never felt that way about Obama. Not in the least.

Obama is very practiced when he speaks. I do not know how much time he spends preparing, but I suspect it is quite a bit based on when I see him speak more informally. He uses more fillers, like "uh," during normal speech. I have noticed Biden has more "gaffes" and stumbles when he seems like he is less prepared and rehearsed. I am not sure how much age has to do with it, but I do think overconfidence is also part of the issue. I know I tend to get more nervous if I feel less prepared, and I stumble more or lose my train of thought more in public speaking. I do not speak publicly as frequently as they do, so it may be an apples to oranges comparison in that regard.

Obama is very practiced when he speaks. I do not know how much time he spends preparing, but I suspect it is quite a bit based on when I see him speak more informally. He uses more fillers, like "uh," during normal speech. I have noticed Biden has more "gaffes" and stumbles when he seems like he is less prepared and rehearsed. I am not sure how much age has to do with it, but I do think overconfidence is also part of the issue. I know I tend to get more nervous if I feel less prepared, and I stumble more or lose my train of thought more in public speaking. I do not speak publicly as frequently as they do, so it may be an apples to oranges comparison in that regard.
I haven't been doing much public speaking lately myself, but I believe the secret is to be comfortable with your audience. If you can approach it as a less formal 'peer' conversation, you can remain in your (non-stressed) element. That's why my favorite part is the Q & A. But then I'm generally pretty honest in my speech, as I generally am here too, which means I can be relaxed, immediate, and unfiltered in my responses.

I've had some problems w Wallace before but he's one of the few seemingly non partisan interviewers

And u know...I was ready to really listen to Pelosi..I opened my mind as much as a person can do so without letting the old gray matter fall out

And by dadgum...I still couldn't decipher what the hell she was talking about..

I understood every word Wallace said but Pelosi ... gibberish

It was supposed to be about helping people victimized by the virus

Wallace Essentially asked her why the Democrats don't want to cooperate w Republicans to get help to those in need..

It was bizarre how little sense she made ..if any.

Seemed she was talking about...I don't know...martians or something...

My mind began to wander and wonder...

When u serve the devil long enough, he eventually turns on u...I couldn't help thinking.

She seems to have the same malady as Biden

Face it when intelligent people speak you are just not capable of keeping focused, but don't feel bad it is a common issue among a certain set of people, so you're not alone.

Yes, he did elevate himself. But whether he can pull it off, legally or otherwise, is in question. He may be hoping Congress bails him out, and he then claims credit.

Mnuchin was on CNBC first thing this morning, saying he wants to work with Pelosi & Schumer to put together a deal. We shall see ...

As long as Meadows is on the room there will be no deal.

Alright, fair enough. I'll take that under consideration.

i come up with titles for my memoir sometimes to entertain myself. it is currently "i could be wrong."

Agreed. Absolutely. Which is why I'm thinking this whole thing (E.O. Show) may have been set-up.

That is horrible if true. It is bad enough that neither side puts forth much effort to work across the aisle, but to do so as a political stunt that puts many Americans at risk is extremely unscrupulous.

i come up with titles for my memoirs sometimes to entertain myself. it is currenly "i could be wrong."
Mine often is,

"I spent how much time online???"

:mrgreen:

That is horrible if true. It is bad enough that neither side puts forth much effort to work across the aisle, but to do so as a political stunt that puts many Americans at risk is extremely unscrupulous.
I was thinking in terms of Meadows & Trump. Not Pelosi or Schumer.

I was thinking in terms of Meadows & Trump. Not Pelosi or Schumer.

Ah, okay. I thought maybe you were alluding to Republican representatives also being in on making sure negotiations failed to set up Trump's E.O. show. I would hope that type of behavior would leak somewhere down the line if it ever occurred. That would be political and possibly GOP suicide if it ever happened and was brought to light.

Ah, okay. I thought maybe you were alluding to Republican representatives also being in on making sure negotiations failed to set up Trump's E.O. show. I would hope that type of behavior would leak somewhere down the line if it ever occurred. That would be political and possibly GOP suicide if it ever happened and was brought to light.
IF that were true there would not be a hole deep enough for the lot of them to hind in from the wrath that would be expressed by the People.

Unless committed to email or memo, those things can't be proven to the general public. But it is odd that Meadows seemed to never budge an inch, even after Pelosi knocked $1T off. Meadows didn't come back a single penny.

It's possible Meadows blew this up on his own, for his own reasons. He is the speaker of the Freedom Caucus, and is the head Congressional Tea-Partyer. While I posited that Trump & Meadows could have cooked this up, Meadows may have done it himself. He may have sabotaged it, selling Trump in the process unbeknownst to Trump.

IF that were true there would not be a hole deep enough for the lot of them to hind in from the wrath that would be expressed by the People.
It could have been Meadows on his own. He may have set-up/influenced Trump, without Trump knowing it. Meadows never budged a penny, even when Pelosi came down $1T.

Unless committed to email or memo, those things can't be proven to the general public. But it is odd that Meadows seemed to never budge an inch, even after Pelosi knocked $1T off. Meadows didn't come back a single penny.

It's possible Meadows blew this up on his own, for his own reasons. He is the speaker of the Freedom Caucus, and is the head Congressional Tea-Partyer. While I posited that Trump & Meadows could have cooked this up, Meadows may have done it himself. He may have sabotaged it, selling Trump in the process unbeknownst to Trump.

I just hope someone provides adequate assistance to the average and low income Americans and USPS. Now is not the time to let USPS go under, not when we have no plans to replace it with something equal that reaches Americans in densely and sparsely populated areas alike. Mail should not be something we have to worry about during a pandemic with many people at home waiting for prescriptions by mail and other healthcare materials. And then we have the election that will rely heavily on our mail system with no promises that system will even exist as of November.

I just hope someone provides adequate assistance to the average and low income Americans and USPS. Now is not the time to let USPS go under, not when we have no plans to replace it with something equal that reaches Americans in densely and sparsely populated areas alike. Mail should not be something we have to worry about during a pandemic with many people at home waiting for prescriptions by mail and other healthcare materials. And then we have the election that will rely heavily on our mail system with no promises that system will even exist as of November.
It's to Trump's & Meadows' advantage to sabotage U.S.P.S. Do you think Trump got the idea to place his crony in charge of the Post Office, and decimate it, out of thin air? Do you believe in coincidence?

Several of the latest posts don't make sense to me.... I'm getting to the point where I don't want to read lib stuff... Makes me disturbed... It's not what they value so much as they act like there's just no other side to things..

Rs can b like that but libs take the cake

It's to Trump's & Meadows' advantage to sabotage U.S.P.S. Do you think Trump got the idea to place his crony in charge of the Post Office, and decimate it, out of thin air? Do you believe in coincidence?

Oh, I am quite aware of the situation. I do not agree with privatization of our mail, and I agree with voter suppression even less.

Back
Top Bottom