• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walker Withdraws Trump Endorsement

The GOP has proven over the last 20+ years it don't give a rats ass about Working Class, Blue Collar Republicans. They take the side of the rich and the Corps. every single time against the working man. Taxes, illegal immigrants, trade agreements that move American jobs overseas, the GOP have proven it is no friend of the working class. So I have NO problem with Working Class Republicans giving the finger to the establishment GOP.

But Trump ain't the guy to look to. He's pissed on the working man, and small businesses his whole life.

Of all the things about this Trump revolution, that's the point that confuses me the most. That many of his supporters are looking to him to fight for the working man? Ain't gonna happen. Not Trump, he's made it clear how much he worships profits and greed, at the expense of everything else.

That's just a crock. Republicans want the working blue collar class to have opportunities and be able to stand on their own two feet instead of being trapped in a government created cycle of poverty. Do you have any idea how many millions of voters there are in the Republican party who are working class blue collar? If what you say was actually true, why in the hell would all of these people even vote Republican? The registered Republican voters are not just the one percent, they are a makeup of the 100%.

In the spirit of current events, I seem to remember someone else who called himself the greatest and it didn't work out so badly for him. He was.

2016 is really not a great year is it, we seem to be losing giants every week :(

, why in the hell would all of these people even vote Republican?

Gays, guns and God.

The GOP has been using bogeymen and social issues wedges to keep their base in line for decades. Lots of people care more about keeping gays from marrying then their own pocketbook. And the 'Southern Strategy' has been a GOP staple since the 70's.

Some people social issues are more important than anything else. I don't like Trump at all, but hopefully his popularity might mean there is a change coming in the Republican Party. Jobs and the economy 1st. And to hell with what gays are doing in the bedroom.

Gays, guns and God.

The GOP has been using bogeymen and social issues wedges to keep their base in line for decades. Lots of people care more about keeping gays from marrying then their own pocketbook. And the 'Southern Strategy' has been a GOP staple since the 70's.

Some people social issues are more important than anything else. I don't like Trump at all, but hopefully his popularity might mean there is a change coming in the Republican Party. Jobs and the economy 1st. And to hell with what gays are doing in the bedroom.

The huge majority of Republicans don't care what gays do in the bedroom. They are just against them being married as marriage is sacred and traditional and has been defined for thousands of years.

When you say RINO means a Republican that isn't Conservative, you imply one must be Conservative to be a Republican. Else one would correctly and succinctly say CINO.

No- words have meaning. You can argue that perhaps CINO would be a more accurate term (I think that there are arguments for and against that), but the term RINO means what it has always meant - a Republican who holds to or votes for leftist policies instead of conservative ones.

A RINO (Republican in Name Only) is an officeholder or candidate who is a member of the Republican Party, but holds views to the political left of most Republican voters, or simply does whatever the liberal media wants. The term "RINO" describes politicians who claim to be Republican but are in fact liberal or puppets of the liberal media, and therefore generally debase the winning conservative coalition base of the Republican Party.

RINOs are often Republican only to the extent it serves their own interests, and will abandon conservative principles as soon as it is in their own interests to do so. RINOs often provide support for raising taxes, abortion as a right, gay rights and gun control. Some RINOs have connections with Planned Parenthood or corporations that support goals of population control; other RINOs pay lip service to pro-life values while in practice not advancing those values....

RINOs, like Democrats, typically come from states in New England, the Mid-Atlantic; or states on the Left Coast. A less-used term is cafeteria conservative, for a person who picks and chooses which conservative principles to believe, as a person might choose foods in a cafeteria instead of ordering the full-course menu selected by the chef at most restaurants.[SUP][2][/SUP] In contrast to RINO's and cafeteria conservatives, movement conservatives understand that since conservative philosophy is a coherent whole, it is untenable to discard part of it without discarding all of it....​

The RINO in this race is Donald Trump :shrug:

No- words have meaning. You can argue that perhaps CINO would be a more accurate term (I think that there are arguments for and against that), but the term RINO means what it has always meant - a Republican who holds to or votes for leftist policies instead of conservative ones.

A RINO (Republican in Name Only) is an officeholder or candidate who is a member of the Republican Party, but holds views to the political left of most Republican voters, or simply does whatever the liberal media wants. The term "RINO" describes politicians who claim to be Republican but are in fact liberal or puppets of the liberal media, and therefore generally debase the winning conservative coalition base of the Republican Party.

RINOs are often Republican only to the extent it serves their own interests, and will abandon conservative principles as soon as it is in their own interests to do so. RINOs often provide support for raising taxes, abortion as a right, gay rights and gun control. Some RINOs have connections with Planned Parenthood or corporations that support goals of population control; other RINOs pay lip service to pro-life values while in practice not advancing those values....

RINOs, like Democrats, typically come from states in New England, the Mid-Atlantic; or states on the Left Coast. A less-used term is cafeteria conservative, for a person who picks and chooses which conservative principles to believe, as a person might choose foods in a cafeteria instead of ordering the full-course menu selected by the chef at most restaurants.[SUP][2][/SUP] In contrast to RINO's and cafeteria conservatives, movement conservatives understand that since conservative philosophy is a coherent whole, it is untenable to discard part of it without discarding all of it....​

The RINO in this race is Donald Trump :shrug:

Like it or not, he's a republican. Your no true scotsman won't fool people who aren't heavily invested in the desire to reject association with Trump.

For the past 48 months or so, sure, he registered. He's just not a Conservative.

I can agree with that- but i'm a little hazy on it because Trump hasn't really discussed a lot of policy. I suppose i think it's still possible he's a closet conservative.

Good for him. I always liked Walker and I like him even more now.

More need to come out and disavow Trump.

I wish I could pack him in a UPS box and send him to you Tres. Nobody here wants him anymore. I'd hate to see him just go to waste. LOL!

I can agree with that- but i'm a little hazy on it because Trump hasn't really discussed a lot of policy. I suppose i think it's still possible he's a closet conservative.
I'm on my phone at the moment. But when I get a second, I'll give you the links.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Republicans are so weak. They attack their own, even when he's right about this judge. They want to seem cool to Democrats rather than really advancing their own agenda. It's embarrassing.

In all fairness the trumpkins have proven him right on the bolded.

I do agree Dishonest Donald isn't a racist. He attacks anyone who opposes him or might get in his way. He will use anything that comes to mind to make those attacks so sometimes it sounds racist but that isn't the reason for attacking them, his personal interest is. If a half Mexican Muslim Transsexual was going to say something nice and endorse Trump, give him money or do anything else that might benefit Trump he would have nothing but praise for them.
It isn't about racism it is as always all about Trump and ONLY about trump.
Lets face it as far as he is concerned nothing else in the universe matters. Not his family, not his future ex-wife and definitely not the silly Americans who think he gives a hoot about them.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

That's the correct answer!

Yeah, Trump isn't a racist, The Donald is in it for The Donald. If he had to kill every black person on the planet with a machete to get power, he'd ask for a whet stone and call up a swordsmith. If he could further his power by giving every black person on the planet reparations and make all of the CEO's of the fortune 500 companies be persons of color, he wouldn't even think about doing it before he called up the congress persons he's funded and started making demands.

He's actually far more dangerous than a run-of-the-mill racist. He doesn't have any principles, he's a complete and total sociopath. He's just an authoritarian by default, since it gives him the most power and he can dupe people who are gullible enough to believe his literally constant lies, flipflops, and stretching of the truth.

I am not quite sure how any of Trumps followers can still be pretending he is not a racist.

Racist is meaningless now. How can they pretend he isn't a liar, a huckster, a deadbeat, and a liberal.

excon: "Wow! Irrational bias at it's best."

Sorry, irrational is Donald Trump calling the judge a Mexican. Apparently Delicate Donald isn't even aware what citizenship or being an American is all about.

Donald Trump is a liar and proud of it. Donald Trump's only skill is as a huckster. He's a deadbeat who stiff little people so he can have more money. And, he's a liberal.

excon: "Wow! Irrational bias at it's best."

Sorry, irrational is Donald Trump calling the judge a Mexican. Apparently Delicate Donald isn't even aware what citizenship or being an American is all about.
There you go again showing that irrational bias. Figures.

And btw, the Judge, by being born to Mexican citizens has Mexican citizenship and is therefore a Mexican by that Citizenship.

There you go again showing that irrational bias. Figures.

And btw, the Judge, by being born to Mexican citizens has Mexican citizenship and is therefore a Mexican by that Citizenship.

Wow, talk about irrational bias. I am definitely biased but I am rational.

Would you like to make a cash wager, Excon, on whether or not the judge has dual citizenship or are you simply going to rely on your faith in the Donald?

Wow, talk about irrational bias. I am definitely biased but I am rational.
Says you. iLOL

What you said wasn't rational.

Reality.
Mexico considers children of their citizens to be citizens of Mexico.

Mexican nationality law

[...]

Acquisition of nationality
According to the 30th article of the Constitution of Mexico, there are two ways in which a person can acquire Mexican citizenship, by birth and by naturalization.[SUP][1][/SUP]

[...]

Nationality by birth

The Mexican Constitution states that Mexicans Citizens by birth are:[SUP][1][/SUP]

persons born in Mexican territory regardless of parents' nationality or immigration status in Mexico
persons born abroad of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico
persons born to an individual after that person has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico
individuals born on Mexican merchant- or Navy ships or Mexican-registered aircraft, regardless of parents' nationality
children born to Mexican Diplomats or Ministry of Foreign Affairs Personnel working overseas​

[...]

[...]

Wikipedia | Mexican nationality law

Again. By being born to Mexican citizens he has Mexican citizenship and is therefore a Mexican by that Citizenship.

Don't be stupid. The U.S. considers children born of U.S. citizens to be U.S. citizens. If you are naturalized citizens, it doesn't alter anything.

Donald Trump was making a typical idiotic statement and the faithful have to make fools of themselves defending him. The judge is a U.S. citizen, probably an American, and is not and never has been a Mexican.

Don't be stupid.
That would be your reply.

You demonstrated that by saying the following even though factual information was provided showing that statement wrong before you even said it.

and is not and never has been a Mexican.
Simply wrong. See previously provided information.

Donald Trump was making a typical idiotic statement
iLOL No.
What he said was factually correct, both ethnically and Nationality wise.

Back
Top Bottom