• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wake up House democrats

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
It is time House democrats faced reality. The President wants the wall money. The Senate wants the wall money. The citizens of the country want the wall money.

It is time House democrats faced reality. The President wants the wall money. The Senate wants the wall money. The citizens of the country want the wall money.

Red:

7mPP.gif

So feel free to send in your money for the wall, citizen.

I am A US citizen and I do NOT want the wall, You don’t speak for me!

I am A US citizen and I do NOT want the wall, You don’t speak for me!

But then you probably have not had a member of your family killed by a criminal invader. Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a US citizen. I don't want the wall. Plenty of Americans like me feel the same way.

But then you probably have not had a member of your family killed by a criminal invader. Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come you don't care when natural-born white people murder family members?

You know that saying about elections and consequences, right?

Has there been a study to evaluate the effectiveness of such a structure?

If the citizens of the country wanted wall money, would they not have voted Republican instead of Democrat

The Democrats have the most up to date mandate, which says no boarder wall

Oh good, we need more posts absent of "logic" or reality.

Trump wants the wall, Republicans in Congress were already working with Democrats on several deals all of which Trump is ignoring. Speaking of now that the House is in the hands of Democrats, they have been working with Republicans in the Senate coming up with yet more deals that odds are Trump is going to ignore.

This is all Trump, he was proud to shutdown government over his wall and he gets to own this mess.

The Senate DOES NOT want the wall or wall money. If it did, McConnell would allow the Bill the new House is about to shove up his tailpipe to the floor of the Senate for a vote..but he won't now will he.

There is no evidence that the American people or at least a majority of them want the wall. If anything the opposite would be easier to prove.

In fact there is no evidence that Trump knows what he wants to do at this point even if he had the money.

Make a Proposal to Congress for the Border Security portion of your DHS appropriations if you want some money Donald. If not SHUT UP!

Last edited:

No I haven’t, but a wall would’nt prevent that either.

Congress recently passed an $867 billion dollar farm bill. We spend billions in Iraq and Afghanistan and more billions on foreign aid. Yet, we can't spend 20-25 billion on a barrier at the border. The wall would cost about one half of one percent of the total Federal budget. That's .005%. There is no fiscal argument against the wall. There is no efficacy argument against it. There are only ideological arguments against it and that is why the Democrats oppose it. That and because it's something Trump wants.

Oh look, it's that idiotic debate board move where someone thinks they will cleverly bootstrap their post into credibility by pretending to speak for other people.

No I haven’t, but a wall would’nt prevent that either.

Since there are up to 20 million illegal aliens here already, that may be true but it also shows that what we've done to date has failed. The problem is that too many people want it to fail.

Congress recently passed an $867 billion dollar farm bill. We spend billions in Iraq and Afghanistan and more billions on foreign aid. Yet, we can't spend 20-25 billion on a barrier at the border. The wall would cost about one half of one percent of the total Federal budget. That's .005%. There is no fiscal argument against the wall. There is no efficacy argument against it. There are only ideological arguments against it and that is why the Democrats oppose it. That and because it's something Trump wants.

Yea there is. What Trump wanted or least what he railed about during his campaign was a bad idea. Since then he is all over the map just on the issue of Border physical barrier, never mind border security in total and it does have to be an integrated solution of components including some additional physical barrier in some places. Until HIS administration can make an actual proposal for what it wants for Border Security as far as I am concerned Trump gets nothing. Of course they won't present such a proposal because even much influenced by this President, the scuttlebutt is that it would not include anything like what Trump railed about during his campaign...never mind his ridiculous promises that Mexico would pay for it.

The truth is that at this point there is no evidence that anybody in the GOP knows what Trump wants including the VP and I seriously doubt that Trump knows what is tumbling around in that gum ball machine of a mind of his from one minute to the next.

Since there are up to 20 million illegal aliens here already, that may be true but it also shows that what we've done to date has failed. The problem is that too many people want it to fail.

The problem isn’t NOT having a wall, the problem is not enforcing the laws we already have both on people and businesses.

No, the citizens of the country voted in the Dems in the house specifically to stop Twump's head-up-the-ass policies. They have spoken, and found the wall stupid, unnecessary and pathetic.

The problem isn’t NOT having a wall, the problem is not enforcing the laws we already have both on people and businesses.

It appears we will do neither. We won't put up a wall and we won't punish employers. The elites will be happy and the average taxpayer will bear the burdens and pay the bills. It is such situations which eventually lead to unrest.

Back
Top Bottom