• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

wake me up when september ends your thoughts?

Welp, I figure I'll start it off, I'm about in the position that I would rather reenter a 9-10 lifestyle, while I know that is not the current reality wouldn't it be better if we came back into a normal world instead of the one we're in now?, This is one of but not my only point and protest against the current administration, the terrorists wanted us to change the way we live should we really give them the satisfaction?

Wake me up when September ends.

Last edited:
“the terrorists wanted us to change”

I hope in the end we will have changed...
We will no longer look the other way when these
Vermin craw out from the caves.

^^ good point?

HORRIBLE.

It's a good song. But they could've done the video without making me puke. This video is for 12 year old preppy girls to watch and go "omigah! this is so sad!" to. If you're not in that category, and find this remotely sad, you need to be shot executionary style.

Other than jolt me out of my previous false sense of security and to bolster a determination that the bad guys aren't going to win with my permission, plus some more hassle at the airport, my life hasn't changed all that much. We still go to work, to church, visit with neighbors, buy groceries, go to Wal-mart, see a movie now and then, have a rack of ribs at Chili's......all the stuff we did before.

9/11 made it crystal clear that there is a group of fanatics out there who want to take all that away from us and make us be like them. I don't intend to let them. Do you guys?

its another month. Bush served up Americans on a silver platter to these people. they have all the Americans they need to kill in Iraq right now. Thanks to your hero.

nefarious_plot said:
its another month. Bush served up Americans on a silver platter to these people. they have all the Americans they need to kill in Iraq right now. Thanks to your hero.

In case you haven't noticed, the terrorists aren't really targeting the Americans these days. They are targeting non military Iraqis and don't care whether the Iraqis are innocent men, women, and children. I think you need to go back and review the three-decade history that got us from then to now. You might develop a more accurate perspective on how it all went down.

I'm not gonna be looking forward to 9/11. It would be nice if people saw it as a day of mourning and then just move on but people like Bush will happily use it to their political advantage and I'm not looking forward to hearing one of his tedius speeches about how our soldiers have not died in vain and the terrorists must be defeated, your with us or against us etc. etc.

It's a free country. Your television doesn't have a channel changer? Your radio doesn't have an off button?

In case you haven't noticed, the terrorists aren't really targeting the Americans these days. They are targeting non military Iraqis and don't care whether the Iraqis are innocent men, women, and children. I think you need to go back and review the three-decade history that got us from then to now. You might develop a more accurate perspective on how it all went down.

Do you read nes? Americna Soldiers die every day. Or dont they mean anything to the war supporters?

FinnMacCool said:
I'm not gonna be looking forward to 9/11. It would be nice if people saw it as a day of mourning and then just move on but people like Bush will happily use it to their political advantage and I'm not looking forward to hearing one of his tedius speeches about how our soldiers have not died in vain and the terrorists must be defeated, your with us or against us etc. etc.

Agreed. September 11th will forever be the beginning of America's relentless War on the arabic world. This War will last forever, and ever and ever and ever and ever.. till there is no more soldiers to fight.

GREEN DAY LYRICS

"Wake Me Up When September Ends"

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends

like my fathers come to pass
seven years has gone so fast

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost

summer has come and passed
the innocent can never last

ring out the bells again
like we did when spring began

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last

like my father's come to pass
twenty years has gone so fast

[ www.azlyrics.com ]
It seems as though they wrote the song in rememberance of 9/11. But with his version of the events.

Actually, it was written about the lead singer's father, who died when he was 10 years old.

...I'm not entirely sure why I know that.

The title of the thread REALLY needs a comma. I was wondering why my thoughts were going to be ended by a month.

shuamort said:
The title of the thread REALLY needs a comma. I was wondering why my thoughts were going to be ended by a month.

Just caught that!:rofl :rofl

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I think it's cuz it was on the VH1 behind the music doc on greenday.

I'm in the wrong country for that, mate. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom