• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Waka Flocka Flame treated by paramedics after smoking too much marijuana

lpast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: Smoking too much Weed

I thought this couldnt happen ?

Rapper Waka Flocka Flame may have hit a new low — by getting way too high.
The "Game On" rapper performed at a concert in Seattle Sunday where he was treated by paramedics after smoking an excessive amount of pot.

He admitted to smoking 20 blunts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/waka-flocka-flame-treated-paramedics-article-1.2607628

The estimated amount of consumption in order to reach lethal amounts, via smoking, is roughly 1500 pounds of weed in 15 minutes.

A good friend of mine once said.

"You can never be too high, you can just be too high to do certain things".

Having said that, he did not OverDose.

He probably greened out and passed out, I've done it, it's not that hard, even the most seasoned Connoisseur can pass out from too much Johnny Red Eye if you push it to absurd extremes.

So in Mr. how you say, Waka... Flocka... Flames case, he was simply too high, to stay awake.

That's a lot of weed, but hardly a record.

I recall a High Times article many years ago where they rigged a (very) willing volunteer with a gas mask type apparatus, and ran a few pounds through it in the course of a day.

Just like Mr. Flame here, after a day or so and some rest, he was just fine.

I'd wager the greatest threat to his health was dehydration.

It says he was treated on the scene. When they don't bother taking a celebrity to the hospital, you know there's no danger.

Hell, one can overdose on aspirin or asthma medication if one is stupid enough.

Nothing to see here. Move along. :)

"treated on the scene?" That could just be dizziness...you can get that just inhaling anything...just air...too fast. (Hyperventilating)

The "Game On" rapper performed at a concert in Seattle Sunday where he was treated by paramedics after smoking an excessive amount of pot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/waka-flocka-flame-treated-paramedics-article-1.2607628

No one ever said you can't render yourself essentially non-functional with weed, or make yourself quite miserable. What people have said, correctly, is that it's essentially impossible to OD in the medical sense, where the person may die as a result of toxicity.

Medically speaking, he didn't OD. Experiencing adverse, but ultimately non-serious affects of drug use -- like panic attacks, hallucinations, etc, as mentioned in the article -- is not a medical OD. It's just a sign you're abusing your brain.

No one ever said you can't render yourself essentially non-functional with weed, or make yourself quite miserable. What people have said, correctly, is that it's essentially impossible to OD in the medical sense, where the person may die as a result of toxicity.

Medically speaking, he didn't OD. Experiencing adverse, but ultimately non-serious affects of drug use -- like panic attacks, hallucinations, etc, as mentioned in the article -- is not a medical OD. It's just a sign you're abusing your brain.

I have an inlaw that has smoked weed all his life, he is 59 and he babbles like a tard, his brain is sizzled.

All smoke and mirrors the dude wanted publicity.

Combination of the two. And 20 of them at that. ;)

The tabacco content is miniscule its only in the rapper <pun intended> the inside is all weed

The tabacco content is miniscule its only in the rapper <pun intended> the inside is all weed

It's probably more than you think? Do you know the weight of the particular wrapper? Furthermore, some blunt smokers mix a little of the flavored tobacco with the weed. Can you say with certainty whether or not that was the case here? Was this guy also drinking or taking other drugs?

You are attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill.

It's probably more than you think? Do you know the weight of the particular wrapper? Furthermore, some blunt smokers mix a little of the flavored tobacco with the weed. Can you say with certainty whether or not that was the case here? Was this guy also drinking or taking other drugs?

You are attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Im not attempting anything, I posted an article from a main stream publication, its as written. I didnt add anything to it

You can't OD on Mary Jane. He probably got a bit of paranoia and the super-munchies :2razz:

Noooo, Marijuana's harmless. Healthy even.

Makes you smarter and healthier. Anyone want to take a guess at this guys I.Q ?

Before or after smoking weed ?

Hey Fenton, how many people have died from overdosing on marijuana?

Gonna answer?

od1.jpg

This is a big yawn for anyone who is even mildly realistic about weed and it's potential side effects/danger.

Seriously, the only thing this kind of story counters are the few people so far gone in their pro-weed zealotry that they declare it to be absolutely, completely, and utterly "harmless" simply based on whether or not people can die from an OD.

No one ever said you can't render yourself essentially non-functional with weed, or make yourself quite miserable.

Actually, sadly, there are some people who out of either pure foolishness on this issue, or absolute zealotry, do sit there saying that weed can't render your essentially non-functional or make you miserable (as both of those things would be considered "harmful"). Thankfully, the vast majority of people aren't so misguided and dishonest in their support of legalization/decriminalization and actually address the potential issues with marijuana accurately and realistically. But sadly yes...some do suggest it can't do that.

I think smokin weed till youre on a stretcher says enough

Hey Fenton, how many people have died from overdosing on marijuana?

Gonna answer?

[ATTACH =CONFIG]67200409[/ATTACH]

Yes, we all know MJ is harmless.....

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-marijuana-use-alters-teenage-brain-structure

https://student.societyforscience.org/article/brain-damage-seen-potent-marijuana-smokers

But Im still curious. How would " Waka Flaka Flame " score on a IQ test relative to a non-user ?

And would that score increase if he stopped using ?

Back
Top Bottom