• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Waiter, There's a Gay Man in my Coffee"

jallman said:
So you are moving to houston right? About twice a month I fly through houston as its the first stop coming out of Alaska if you fly continental...we should do lunch one time when I have a long lay over

:2wave:

Oh my god. That would be so cool! Such a strange first stop....Anyway, I'll have to bring pictures of my apartment. So freakin cool. 1200 square feet in the galleria. Balcony stretching along the whole apartment, connects both the bedrooms, built in wine racks...ahh I'm in love. :mrgreen: And yes I am shamelessly bragging.

That and cowboys are second only to firemen. Police men are in there somewhere too...not sure where.

Kelzie said:
Oh my god. That would be so cool! Such a strange first stop....Anyway, I'll have to bring pictures of my apartment. So freakin cool. 1200 square feet in the galleria. Balcony stretching along the whole apartment, connects both the bedrooms, built in wine racks...ahh I'm in love. :mrgreen: And yes I am shamelessly bragging.

That and cowboys are second only to firemen. Police men are in there somewhere too...not sure where.

HAHA

I love me some cowboys too...save a horse ride a cowboy LOL
Loves me some big and rich too
But anyway, I would love to see pictures of your new apartment. I just acquired a condo of about the same size, but only one bedroom. Cathedral ceilings though and a huge fireplace. But its doenst have much character...well it didnt until the other half got hold of it...he is like the macgyver of decorating...he'll build you an occassional table out of a matchstick, a contact lense, a roll of duct tape and some old cloth. LOL

jallman said:
HAHA

I love me some cowboys too...save a horse ride a cowboy LOL
Loves me some big and rich too
But anyway, I would love to see pictures of your new apartment. I just acquired a condo of about the same size, but only one bedroom. Cathedral ceilings though and a huge fireplace. But its doenst have much character...well it didnt until the other half got hold of it...he is like the macgyver of decorating...he'll build you an occassional table out of a matchstick, a contact lense, a roll of duct tape and some old cloth. LOL

Sounds like my sis. I just stay out of her way. Going on about the colors of our apartment. Green, natural browns and golds in case anyone cares. She dresses me too. :mrgreen:

I love cathedral ceilings. My only complaint about this new place. Really my only one. There's a coffee shop and yoga studio in the complex. :lol:

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" is the only bumper sticker on my car. :mrgreen:

Kelzie said:

........and Kelzie was never seen or heard from again.

Kelzie said:
Sounds like my sis. I just stay out of her way. Going on about the colors of our apartment. Green, natural browns and golds in case anyone cares. She dresses me too. :mrgreen:

I love cathedral ceilings. My only complaint about this new place. Really my only one. There's a coffee shop and yoga studio in the complex. :lol:

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" is the only bumper sticker on my car.
:mrgreen:

Why am I not surprised?

jallman said:
Why am I not surprised?

Maybe cause "Save a horse, ride a fireman" makes no sense? ;)

Kelzie said:
Maybe cause "Save a horse, ride a fireman" makes no sense? ;)

:rofl :lamo :2rofll:

Now that was good. Oh my god, are we having fun? quick, put on a dour face before certain Chief Smeagles show up and ruin the fun

jallman said:
:rofl :lamo :2rofll:

Now that was good. Oh my god, are we having fun? quick, put on a dour face before certain Chief Smeagles show up and ruin the fun

Liberals are the DEVIL!! :twisted:

Was that convincing?

Kelzie said:
I don't...what...veganism...what's going on? Are you vegan bashing HT? You bigot you. :mrgreen:

Hey I'm moving to Texas in December. Where do all the cowboys hang out? Are there many cowboys-vegans?

Bashing, me? Never, I was just using an example, veganism isn't immoral. But its not widely accepted in Texas, j/k. It depends on where you are moving to. North Texas area (Dallas-Ft. Worth) is the best area for entertainment. There are hundreds of malls, movies, clubs, etc. And don't expect cactus deserts, and lone cowboys, unless you are moving to West Texas, they are uncivilized.

A few warnings though, if your not from the south, let me tell you, it is hot. Don't be surprised by a 70 degree Christmas. 100 degrees is normal during the summer. And we wear jeans, all the time.

HTColeman said:
Bashing, me? Never, I was just using an example, veganism isn't immoral. But its not widely accepted in Texas, j/k. It depends on where you are moving to. North Texas area (Dallas-Ft. Worth) is the best area for entertainment. There are hundreds of malls, movies, clubs, etc. And don't expect cactus deserts, and lone cowboys, unless you are moving to West Texas, they are uncivilized.

A few warnings though, if your not from the south, let me tell you, it is hot. Don't be surprised by a 70 degree Christmas. 100 degrees is normal during the summer. And we wear jeans, all the time.

Houston. That's fine, I wear jeans all the time too. What else is there to wear? Man 100 degrees sucks. Suppose it's better than Minnesota.

How many people have the Southern drawl? I'm a big fan. Hoping to pick it up myself.

Kelzie said:
Houston. That's fine, I wear jeans all the time too. What else is there to wear? Man 100 degrees sucks. Suppose it's better than Minnesota.

How many people have the Southern drawl? I'm a big fan. Hoping to pick it up myself.

I don't know as much about Houston, its the biggest city in Texas, so I'm sure there is alot happening. Its still very hot down there, but also humid, hooray! You will have your southern drawls, more so in Houston than in Dallas, but not as much in other states like Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississipi. Texas has more variety of people moving there because of jobs and such. Also, driving in Texas is unlike driving anywhere else, people will cut you off and try to run you over, especially in Houston. Southern Hospitality exists outside of the car, once your in the car, I suggest you drive aggresively. Have fun!

HTColeman said:
I don't know as much about Houston, its the biggest city in Texas, so I'm sure there is alot happening. Its still very hot down there, but also humid, hooray! You will have your southern drawls, more so in Houston than in Dallas, but not as much in other states like Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississipi. Texas has more variety of people moving there because of jobs and such. Also, driving in Texas is unlike driving anywhere else, people will cut you off and try to run you over, especially in Houston. Southern Hospitality exists outside of the car, once your in the car, I suggest you drive aggresively. Have fun!

I...what...no!! I don't like mean drivers! If someone honks at me, I brood over it for days...

Navy Pride said:
Yeah, right....:roll:

Wow, that threw all my arguments right out the window. :roll:

galenrox said:
I think that I interpretted what Duke said differently than you. You took it as him saying that religion's sole purpose is to justify hating gays, while I took it as the only excuse for hating gays is religion.

Your "logical" assesment of the situation is quite simply proposterous. These rights provided by marriage would be their's if they were straight, and so thus what you just described is legal penalties for being homosexual.

And I beg to differ about the need for a logical argument, and it sickens me that you disagree. Logic is what makes things work. We learn from trial and error, and apply these things where neccisary, and if logic is ignored, that's when terrible things happen, i.e. stagflation in the 70s (which was caused by morals replacing logic).
And the reason the dark ages were called "the dark ages" was because people were running everything based on religion, and everything was unbelievably terrible.
So it's your choice. You can be intelligent, and make intelligent decisions based on knowledge, or you can be a fool.
God gave us brains for a reason, and it's a sin to waste it like you're doing.

Anyone will use any belief system, or lack of a belief systom, to excuse away anything they want. I've seen people use "you only live once" to justify both doing whatever they want and living a moral life.
Do you really want me to call you on your "false dilemma":"You can be intelligent, and make intelligent decisions based on knowledge, or you can be a fool."
It is by wisdom that I make my decisions. Intelligence and wisdom are two separate things. A fool is not measured by intelligence, he is measured by wisdom. Besides, since I use my inteligence to learn more wisdom, that would also disqualify me as a fool.

Quote the passage that says that standing up for moral convictions is a sin.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
Brainwashing? Wanting to conform to the majority? Guilt-tripped by their loved ones? Good enough?

Maybe you missed what I said. AIDS is a virus. We have never found a cure for a virus. Are there a lot of AIDS researchers who quit their jobs to campaign for gay marriage? Cause I haven't noticed it. Unless you're saying I and my "friends" are qualified in molecular research. I'm flattered, really.

Well that is not what the people say who converted.....I guess you know better then they do how they feel....

There use to be no cure for Polio either but they found one.........

Who sais anything about researchers quitting?:confused: I am saying for people that are fighting for gay marriage which is never going to happen, to concentrate in getting more money for research for dor a cure for AIDS....

In case you have not noticed not having gay marriage legalized kills no one.......AIDS DOES....

Navy Pride said:
Well that is not what the people say who converted.....I guess you know better then they do how they feel....

Who sais anything about researchers quitting?:confused: I am saying for people that are fighting for gay marriage which is never going to happen, to concentrate in getting more money for research for dor a cure for AIDS....

In case you have not noticed not having gay marriage legalized kills no one.......AIDS DOES....

We didn't cure polio. There is no cure for polio. Good try though!

And people who have finally come out of the closet after they have been hiding who they are for decades abound in much greater numbers than your brainwash victims. I believe them.

Kelzie said:
We didn't cure polio. There is no cure for polio. Good try though!

And people who have finally come out of the closet after they have been hiding who they are for decades abound in much greater numbers than your brainwash victims. I believe them.

I don't know how old you are but I can remember as a child getting polio shots on a regular basis..I can remember when Turberculosis was very common and asylums were full of peeople with the disease.....

In a sense no disease is ever completely gone but both polio and turberculosis have been pretty much eradicated in this country..........

Its really sad that you put people down who have changed their lifestyle got married and raise a family...To call them brainwashed is and insult and I would think you would be above that.....

Navy Pride said:

And in case you fail to realize, allowing gays marriage/civil union wont kill anyone either while AIDS does...so lead the march against AIDS and stop arguing a moot point, Chief

Navy Pride said:
I don't know how old you are but I can remember as a child getting polio shots on a regular basis

You're talking about vaccination, which is preventative. There is no cure for polio.

Navy Pride said:
I don't know how old you are but I can remember as a child getting polio shots on a regular basis

And they were probably not shots, they were probably oral, and they wouldn't have been on a "regular basis".

It is extremely unlikely that there will be a cure for AIDS in the foreseeable future, if ever at all.

And homosexuality is not a choice, but being a Catholic is.

Naughty Nurse said:
You're talking about vaccination, which is preventative. There is no cure for polio.

Thank you!

Out of the mouth of a medical professional people.

Navy Pride said:
Its really sad that you put people down who have changed their lifestyle got married and raise a family...To call them brainwashed is and insult and I would think you would be above that.....

See, I find it really sad that people feel they need to change their lifestyle to conform to some backwards standard that is mostly based on religion and fear.

Naughty Nurse said:

No kidding...Call it what you want but bottom line no one gets polio or TB is this country anymore...........I would like to to see them same results with AIDS.........

[And homosexuality is not a choice, but being a Catholic is.
__________________/QUOTE]

Boy you sure love to bash Catholics.........As a practicing Catholic I will say that I will pray for you my friend.......

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
See, I find it really sad that people feel they need to change their lifestyle to conform to some backwards standard that is mostly based on religion and fear.

Yes but why put them down? I would never criticize a straight person that decides he or she is gay.........What good does it do to say they are brainwashed?

How do you know that is the reason they changed their lifestyle? I will say that maybe some made the decision to change because of pressure but how can you say they all did that?

Navy Pride said:
Yes but why put them down? I would never criticize a straight person that decides he or she is gay.........What good does it do to say they are brainwashed?

Maybe....cause being gay's not a decision?

Back
Top Bottom