• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Waiter, There's a Gay Man in my Coffee"

Busta said:
You have a fundamental missunderstanding of religion, probably brought on by some bad experience in your life, I suppose. Just because someone is opposed to a piece of legislation does not mien that they hate the related group of people.

As for all the Conservative conspiracy that you site, I have never seen it; though I suppose that no one is without their fair share of kooks and lib's.

I cite no "conservative conspiracy, and my only source is the conservatives themselves. A person has his or her reasons for opposing a piece of legislature, and the reason of most conservatives is religion. Have you even heard what the televangelists and religious radio people say about gay people?

Duke

Navy Pride said:
When you compare a race, African Americans and a class of people defined by choice to the fight for equality you insult every African American who ever lived in this country........

Why is it so hard for some conservatives to accept science all of a sudden? It's not a choice. So guess you have no argument huh?

Navy Pride said:
As far as AIDS go if liberals and militant gays put as much effort into a cure for AIDS as they do in this bogus gay marriage fight which they will never win we would have cured the disease long ago........

Oh hey yeah. Good thinking. Except for the fact that we have never found a cure for a virus. Never. Not once. Sure it's just for a lack of trying though. :roll:

Busta said:
You are a religious man who agrees with Duke that the purpose of religion is to hate gays? Doesn't that mien that you, as a member of a religion, hate gays?

It is ridiculous when people use logic to justify their hatred of a minority; fortunately that is something that I have never don.

"...or legislating against gays on topics that only apply to gays..."
People are trying to legislate a marital Bill into law, but no one is trying to legislate a Bill agents gay people...what are you referring to? What topic *only* applies to gay people? Since hetero. couples can participate in Civil Unions, Civil Unions also apply to hetero. people....so that can't be it.....hetero. Cops, Lawyers, Judges, Politicians, Insurance C.E.O.'s, Employers and family members would have to acknowledge a legalized gay marriage (Automatic inheritance to the gay spouse, medical visitation restrictions imposed by the gay spouse, the gay spouse's final decision on burial arrangements, the gay spouse's decision on rather or not to remove a feeding tube, etc.) ....so Civil Rights can't can't be the issue that applies to ONLY gay people.

No one needs to meet you imagined requirement of a "logical" reason to oppose gay marriage.

A moral objection will persuade my vote just fine.

Galenrox is saying he is religious, but not all religious people have the same beliefs on anything. It is true that you do not need a reason to belive something or have an opinion, but it sure helps you look less insane. ;)

Duke

Kelzie said:
Why is it so hard for some conservatives to accept science all of a sudden? It's not a choice. So guess you have no argument huh?

Oh hey yeah. Good thinking. Except for the fact that we have never found a cure for a virus. Never. Not once. Sure it's just for a lack of trying though. :roll:

If its not a choice how come some gays are able to change, get married, have kids?:confused:

Well if your friends would spend a little more time on finding a cure for AIDS instead of worrying about gay marriage they might have found a cure by now......You think???? Nah.....:roll:

Duke said:
Galenrox is saying he is religious, but not all religious people have the same beliefs on anything. It is true that you do not need a reason to belive something or have an opinion, but it sure helps you look less insane. ;)

Duke

To me Gay marriage has very little to do with religion.......It has to do with the 14th amendment and the equal protection clause................If you allow gays to marry then you have to allow Polygamy, brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters, etc. to get married..........

Navy Pride said:
If its not a choice how come some gays are able to change, get married, have kids?:confused:

Well if your friends would spend a little more time on finding a cure for AIDS instead of worrying about gay marriage they might have found a cure by now......You think???? Nah.....:roll:

See if you can find a psychiatrist, who is not some fundy, who thinks you can cure homosexuality. You cant train someone to be attracted to something they are not attacted to. They might get married, but a lot of them end up returning to gay and lesbian relationships. Moreover, even if they dont, that does not mean that they are actually sexually attacted to their wives.

For example, I am a breast man. I love them. I did not choose to like chicks with big breasts, I just like them. I can't choose to not like them either.

Kelzie said:
Sooo...like three?

And what about AIDS? I have no secret insights into a cure if that's what you're asking. Info about it and protection is readily available in America today. If people won't help themselves, nobody can help them.

Civil unions=we don't think you're good enough for marriage. If it's the same thing, why don't you just call it marriage? Same reason black people couldn't drink out of the same water fountain. We don't want to "corrupt" the institution. No thanks. It's a way of saying we still don't respect homosexual love the way we do heterosexual, and I won't accept it.

Because then people like me would reject it outright, instantly. By changing the name some people are fooled into believing that it is something different or just tolerable. The name of a thing influences how people feel about it.
The term "dishonest [pro. GM] revisionist linguistic hyperbole and sophestry" come to mind.

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
See if you can find a psychiatrist, who is not some fundy, who thinks you can cure homosexuality. You cant train someone to be attracted to something they are not attacted to. They might get married, but a lot of them end up returning to gay and lesbian relationships. Moreover, even if they dont, that does not mean that they are actually sexually attacted to their wives.

For example, I am a breast man. I love them. I did not choose to like chicks with big breasts, I just like them. I can't choose to not like them either.

Again now concentrate like a laser beam......How do you explain gays who changed their lifestyle, married and had kids..........

Really though we are getting off topic.........I could care less id they can change or not............I am just against changing the definition of marriage........

Duke said:
From my point of view, the funniest reads are those paper written by conservatives trying to justify their hate for gays. The real reason is religion, of course, but some of them simply won't admit it to the public. So the make up all this junk saying how if gays are allowed to marry, your marriage will collapse, you will lose you job, the economy will implode, etc. It is great.

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but it comes off that people hate gays because of religion. I don't hate gays but I am Baptist. I agree with G-rox, my baptist beliefs shouldn't become legislation, hell most of my beliefs shouldn't become legislation... Religion, or the belief thereof, does not generate hate, people generate hate.

Navy Pride said:
I personally hate no one.............I just beleive that marriage should remain between a man and a woman............I even know a couple of gay people that feel the same way.......They would like Civil Unions with the same benefits married people get......They tell me that they just wish the small minority of miltant gays would just shut up..........

Do you think people believe you, honestly? You always happen to have minority friends that agree with what you say, despite the fact that your beliefs usually demean that minority. If we were debating over whether veganism is immoral, and you believed it was immoral, you would have a vegan friend that hates themself and thinks veganism is immoral. You are full of ****.

When you compare a race, African Americans and a class of people defined by choice to the fight for equality you insult every African American who ever lived in this country..........

I am not offended, but I guess that's because I'm a Sharpton/Jackson fanatic, huh?:roll:

To me Gay marriage has very little to do with religion.......It has to do with the 14th amendment and the equal protection clause................If you allow gays to marry then you have to allow Polygamy, brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters, etc. to get married..........

Explain your logic, why do we have to allow such things?

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Really though we are getting off topic.........I could care less id they can change or not............I am just against changing the definition of marriage........

And this has been the one point we have ever agreed on...

HTColeman said:
I am not sure if this is what you mean, but it comes off that people hate gays because of religion. I don't hate gays but I am Baptist. I agree with G-rox, my baptist beliefs shouldn't become legislation, hell most of my beliefs shouldn't become legislation... Religion, or the belief thereof, does not generate hate, people generate hate.

Do you think people believe you, honestly? You always happen to have minority friends that agree with what you say, despite the fact that your beliefs usually demean that minority. If we were debating over whether veganism is immoral, and you believed it was immoral, you would have a vegan friend that hates themself and thinks veganism is immoral. You are full of ****.

I am not offended, but I guess that's because I'm a Sharpton/Jackson fanatic, huh?:roll:

Explain your logic, why do we have to allow such things?

I could care less what you believe.......

I agree

Explain your logic, why do we have to allow such things

educate yourself on the 14th amendment and get back to me

jallman said:
And this has been the one point we have ever agreed on...

You said you agreed with me on a lot of things.......Open mouth insert foot huh:2razz:

Navy Pride said:
You said you agreed with me on a lot of things.......Open mouth insert foot huh:2razz:

but you are so contrary you fail to realize that, chiefy.

Navy Pride said:
I could care less what you believe.......

Its not a matter of what I believe, it is what you expect others to believe.

Thank you for your judgements.

educate yourself on the 14th amendment and get back to me

I thought maybe there was something I missed, so I went back and read the 14th amendment, now would you care to explain your "logic"?

Navy Pride said:
Again now concentrate like a laser beam......How do you explain gays who changed their lifestyle, married and had kids..........

Fundies quilting them into doing it. You are talking about probably less than 1% of gays and lesbians. Also did you know that suicide rates go up for those teens that fundimentalists put into those "gay treatment programs". Moreover, as I pointed out, it does not mean that they are actually attracted to their wives. There are a lot of gay men that are married and simply closeted.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Fundies quilting them into doing it. You are talking about probably less than 1% of gays and lesbians. Also did you know that suicide rates go up for those teens that fundimentalists put into those "gay treatment programs". Moreover, as I pointed out, it does not mean that they are actually attracted to their wives. There are a lot of gay men that are married and simply closeted.

Please provide evidence for this clame.

SouthernDemocrat said:

Yeah, right....:roll:

HTColeman said:

I don't...what...veganism...what's going on? Are you vegan bashing HT? You bigot you. :mrgreen:

Hey I'm moving to Texas in December. Where do all the cowboys hang out? Are there many cowboys-vegans?

jallman said:
Now thats what I call a rebuttal :roll:

Heeyyyy....that's what I was going to say. :lol:

Navy Pride said:

Brainwashing? Wanting to conform to the majority? Guilt-tripped by their loved ones? Good enough?

Maybe you missed what I said. AIDS is a virus. We have never found a cure for a virus. Are there a lot of AIDS researchers who quit their jobs to campaign for gay marriage? Cause I haven't noticed it. Unless you're saying I and my "friends" are qualified in molecular research. I'm flattered, really.

Kelzie said:
Heeyyyy....that's what I was going to say. :lol:

Great minds think alike...and lesser minds think like Chiefy-boy...and his his precioussssss

:smile:

jallman said:
Great minds think alike...and lesser minds think like Chiefy-boy...and his his precioussssss

:smile:

:rofl Ahhh...still funny.

Kelzie said:
I don't...what...veganism...what's going on? Are you vegan bashing HT? You bigot you. :mrgreen:

Hey I'm moving to Texas in December. Where do all the cowboys hang out? Are there many cowboys-vegans?

So you are moving to houston right? About twice a month I fly through houston as its the first stop coming out of Alaska if you fly continental...we should do lunch one time when I have a long lay over

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom