• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wait. So now a woman has come forward and says that Herschel Walker impregnated her, encouraged her to get an abortion and reimbursed her and she...

The Daily Beast promoting an “unprovable allegation”. You are assuming they did not do any due diligence? You are assuming Walker will win a defamation lawsuit?
No I don't think Walker would win. It's he said/ she said. This is why the Beast ran with it. They know he can't disprove the allegation any more than they can prove it.

No I don't think Walker would win. It's he said/ she said. This is why the Beast ran with it. They know he can't disprove the allegation any more than they can prove it.

Sounds like Walker should be able to win a defamation lawsuit. You think the Beast understands the law?

If a MAGA freak does it, it's different.

You sure are quick to assume everyone else has no ethics at all. This usually means the one doing this has no ethics, and so assumes nobody else does either.

When they deny "in the strongest possible terms", it's as good as a signed confession.
Plus, it makes no linguistic sense. "I condemn in the strongest possuble terms."

Um, you're talking right now, dummy. You're condemning it right now.

Politicians are full of hypocrisy. Were you just as outrage when the nation went on shut down and Pelosi got her hair did during COVID?

Rubio not there voting to help the people of Florida is one thing, this one seems like a non story.
Walker apparently doesn't consider it a non story, he has promised a defamation lawsuit. In fact he said he would file it today, any word if that happened yet.

Sounds like Walker should be able to win a defamation lawsuit. You think the Beast understands the law?
How?
He does not even know who his accuser is. Not to mention he is a public figure. He can threaten to sue but he won't win unless she comes forward and makes a very specific claim that he can prove is impossible to be true, plus he would need to prove that she knowingly made up the story with the intent to harm him.

The Daily Beast is aware of the disadvantage Herschel is at and they are weaponizing it against him.

What does any of that have to do with the Daily Beast's promotion of an unprovable allegation?

It appears as if they are trying to affect the outcome of an election by discrediting a politician that does not share their views.

Is this a practice that you endorse?
More importantly, I'm not understanding the significance of even the allegation. The allegation is a man and a woman had sex once or more than once -13 years ago, the woman got pregnant, she had an abortion, and he paid for the abortion. Even if true, what part of this is problematic, why, and to whom?

I certainly can't imagine the left is sad about the abortion - that would be a very strange position for them to be taking considering their most prevalent campaign topic of 2022. Was the fact that Herschel had a girlfriend problematic? If so, what is the problem with that? Is the fact that he paid for the abortion a problem?

If walker isn't ****ed now he never will be.

Think the right-wingers will come on here and blame Black culture?
He won't be. There was a congressman from S Carolina a few years ago, Scott DesCharles I think his name was, got his wife/ girlfriend pregnant and paid for her abortion, while running on a family values campaign. He won his election, as long as there is an R after the name they will vote for him.

More importantly, I'm not understanding the significance of even the allegation. The allegation is a man and a woman had sex once or more than once -13 years ago, the woman got pregnant, she had an abortion, and he paid for the abortion. Even if true, what part of this is problematic, why, and to whom?

I certainly can't imagine the left is sad about the abortion - that would be a very strange position for them to be taking considering their most prevalent campaign topic of 2022. Was the fact that Herschel had a girlfriend problematic? If so, what is the problem with that? Is the fact that he paid for the abortion a problem?
What we are witnessing are the acts of desperate Democrats trying to grasp at anything and everything to preserve the power that is slipping away from them.

Notice how the polls have begun trending toward Republicans. It's not because Republcans are becoming more popular with the electorate. It's because the pollsters were weighting the polls to favor Democrats to influence public opinion. As we get closer to the election they have to provide more accurate results to maintain their facade of credibility.

A huge red tsunami is about to crash down on them and they know it. They are going to lose both chambers of the house as well as state seats across the board that range from the governor all the way down to the local dog catcher.

Just to advance my prediction even further...

After Republicans win in a landslide they will open lots of investigations and propose lots of legislation and none of it will pass Biden or the DOJ. They will then tell us how even though they got nothing done it's not their fault because they need the WH too. They will tell us we need to come out and vite in 24' because it is the most important election in our lifetime.

They will spend the next 4 years doing nothing and spending us into oblivion.

I know this not because im clairvoyant but because we have seen this movie before.

Before you think im completely jaded. There is a shimmer of hope in this picture. Recently we have been watching freedom caucus style republicans influence growing and the establishment types power is shrinking.

The real fight is in the primary elections.

Something that ties the check and card to the receipt from the abortion clinic. For all we know right now the woman fell I’ll with something or other and Hershel sent her a get well card, or maybe she had a car repair that he wrote a check to pay for.
I believe the check was dated 5 days after the abortion. That she fell sick and needed a car repair in that time frame would be quite the coincidence.
On the other hand if you are looking for an excuse to let Walker off the hook, it's as good as any.

How?
He does not even know who his accuser is. Not to mention he is a public figure. He can threaten to sue but he won't win unless she comes forward and makes a very specific claim that he can prove is impossible to be true, plus he would need to prove that she knowingly made up the story with the intent to harm him.

The Daily Beast is aware of the disadvantage Herschel is at and they are weaponizing it against him.
He does know who his accuser is, unless he is in the habit of sending out hundreds of get well cards, with $700 checks enclosed.

What we are witnessing are the acts of desperate Democrats trying to grasp at anything and everything to preserve the power that is slipping away from them.
I completely agree. There was a nice bump for Dems in late summer. That's completely faded in the last several weeks. They are now trying Hail Mary passes.

Notice how the polls have begun trending toward Republicans. It's not because Republcans are becoming more popular with the electorate. It's because the pollsters were weighting the polls to favor Democrats to influence public opinion. As we get closer to the election they have to provide more accurate results to maintain their facade of credibility.
Yes exactly. We'll see how this election goes but a number of posters repeatedly said - August polls are meaningless. I'm a person who like following polls but if the election outcome is nothing like those August polls indicated, I'm joining the group who thinks August polls are utterly worthless.
The other thing which has happened is that the abortion topic has lost its luster and rather significantly recently - and that's the only topic the Dems have other than desperate smear attempts they'll now pull out often (like this Herschel one). Inflation is raging, crime is raging, the border is a crisis - and they can't talk about ANY of those things which are the very things now on voter's minds.

How?

The disadvantage being that he is dumb as a rock, probably suffers from traumatic brain injury, is a wife beater, has 6 kids with 6 baby mommas and pays for abortions, and pretends to be pro family values and pro life.

I believe the check was dated 5 days after the abortion. That she fell sick and needed a car repair in that time frame would be quite the coincidence.
On the other hand if you are looking for an excuse to let Walker off the hook, it's as good as any.
Unlike most here, I’m trying to look at things objectively.

The disadvantage being that he is dumb as a rock, probably suffers from traumatic brain injury, is a wife beater, has 6 kids with 6 baby mommas and pays for abortions, and pretends to be pro family values and pro life.
Distract and deflect are the only two arrows in the Progressive quiver so I do not fault you for using them both at every opportunity. In the end it will not be enough to stop what's coming.

The dumbass conservatives will still vote for him

Hyuk hyuk kyuk damn straight they will --- they git to own the libtards and ..... derp derp HE PLAYS FOOP BAW!!!

hillbillytexas45 (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).jpg

And he's one of them guud n****rs and he'll do whatever his "coach" tells him to do.

Boss Hogg.jpg
---Folks does anyone HONESTLY think Southerners think laws apply to them equally?
There's a lot y'all just don't understand about the South.
Anti abortion laws ONLY apply to folks that they don't like.
NO law applies to people they like.

Distract and deflect are the only two arrows in the Progressive quiver so I do not fault you for using them both at every opportunity. In the end it will not be enough to stop what's coming.
Thanks for proving you've got no real answer.

Amazing how you just keep trying to get away from what happened here. Herschel is a wife beater, a serial adulator, and a guy who is just a token pawn being manipulated by the right wing assholes who only want a senate seat, they don't care if it is the devil himself, just as long as it is a republican.

Your inability to see this is beyond sad.

Back
Top Bottom