• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

wah wah Why won't Democrats compromise?

Vern

back from Vegas
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
wah wah, why wont dems give us what we failed to get through the democratic process? wah wah why they just roll over every time we threaten to destroy the economy? wah wah wah.

here's advice for dealing with childish tantrums from pubs

"Parenting Advice for Democrats: How to Handle the Republican Temper Tantrum"

"Remain calm enough to handle the tantrum properly. Luckily for the Democrats, they have "No Drama Obama" leading the way. This matters a lot, because as WikiHow points out, throwing a tantrum in the face of a tantrum can only cause things to escalate."

How to handle the Republican tantrum: What advice do parenting guides have for Democrats?

They will...wait and see ;)

They will...wait and see ;)

The tea party is going to drive over the cliff no matter what happens, so may as well sit back and watch the GOP self-destruct.

Recall elections, anybody?

The tea party is going to drive over the cliff no matter what happens, so may as well sit back and watch the GOP self-destruct.

the funny thing is no matter what happens, the little children who are dependent on the government to take care of them will still be little children dependent on the government and worshipping Obama as big daddy

HELL YEAH! Go out and organize those recalls...and let me add another piece of advice along with the others, if you want to be successful don't follow the advice of those who tried to recall Scott Walker...;)

IN FACT, how do you have time to post here at DP? You should be out RIGHT NOW collecting signatures on recall petitions!

the funny thing is no matter what happens, the little children who are dependent on the government to take care of them will still be little children dependent on the government and worshipping Obama as big daddy

What? Oh, I get it, this is the welfare queen meme. Don't let me interrupt.

HELL YEAH! Go out and organize those recalls...and let me add another piece of advice along with the others, if you want to be successful don't follow the advice of those who tried to recall Scott Walker...;)

IN FACT, how do you have time to post here at DP? You should be out RIGHT NOW collecting signatures on recall petitions!

Yeah, baby. Watch and learn. In a couple months, half the tea party weirdos will be gone.

No rather it is the that has nothing to do with what I said Meme

Honestly, don't let me interrupt. Continue with the Welfare Queen meme. It suits you perfectly and it's a total nonsequitur, so it's a perfect turtle post.

Honestly, don't let me interrupt. Continue with the Welfare Queen meme. It suits you perfectly and it's a total nonsequitur, so it's a perfect turtle post.

Hey don't let me stop you using the term meme in half your posts. its so stupid that it bears repeating

Yeah, baby. Watch and learn. In a couple months, half the tea party weirdos will be gone.

So when I ask you after Christmas about this AND it doesn't happen will your Progressive narcissism allow you to admit you were wrong?

Hey don't let me stop you using the term meme in half your posts. its so stupid that it bears repeating

You won't so don't worry.

Meanwhile, tell us again how the welfare queen meme fits into this issue. I'm intrigued.

Haven't you realized that is the Progressive meme?... :lamo

So when I ask you after Christmas about this AND it doesn't happen will your Progressive narcissism allow you to admit you were wrong?

No, no. I hope I'm wrong. But underestimating the lunacy and nihilism of the tea party is not a good idea.

I predict here and now that the tea party freaks in the House will push the US into default. They are that crazy. The resulting chaos will lead to recalls and other means to get them out of office. Some will succeed and the tea party nightmare will be over at long last.

Haven't you realized that is the Progressive meme?... :lamo

you wonder if some of the posters here are really "artificial intelligence" bots created by some cal tech grad student and the program has a glitch in it that causes the same word to be overused beyond any normal parameters.

No, no. I hope I'm wrong. But underestimating the lunacy and nihilism of the tea party is not a good idea.

Ambiguous...you hope your wrong that Tea Partiers are recalled???

I thought that was your goal. Or are you insinuating something with more prejudiced?

you wonder if some of the posters here are really "artificial intelligence" bots created by some cal tech grad student and the program has a glitch in it that causes the same word to be overused beyond any normal parameters.

Maybe but in this case it is a common character flaw. When one is intimidated by another they often use little things like the overuse of common words/themes to cover their insecurity. I'm sure with your maturity you have witnessed this numerously. When WE were younger you just punched them in the face and this behavior stopped, kinda like bumping a stuck album. Many of my best lifelong friendships began this way. Unfortunately these 'modern' interconnected relationships prevent this 'correction'...;)

we will will delay the ACA if you pass a constitutional amendment to make unearned income taxes 2x what working taxes are. (SNICKER)

how is that for a "compromis"??

And we already compromised you will remember.

We passed HR 3590 the ACA.

Not HR 767, that would have banned insurance, and had medicaid for all.

Ambiguous...you hope your wrong that Tea Partiers are recalled???

I thought that was your goal. Or are you insinuating something with more prejudiced?

No, we must get the tea party occupations forces out of our democracy. I hope I'm wrong about their ability to impose their nihilism on the House and drive the country into default.

But it appears they will. They are that crazy and filled with hate.

we will will delay the ACA if you pass a constitutional amendment to make unearned income taxes 2x what working taxes are. (SNICKER)

how is that for a "compromis"??

And we already compromised you will remember.

We passed HR 3590 the ACA.

Not HR 767, that would have banned insurance, and had medicaid for all.

Yeah, I say the Democrats play the GOP game. Offer to compromise by delaying ACA if the GOP agrees to a 70% tax rate on the top bracket and a 70% cut in military spending.

Let the negotiations begin!

It's really funny how Republicans are now trying to label Democrats as "the party of no" when they've pretty much worked under this banner for the last 5 years. What's more interesting is how they're trying to blame Democrats for the government shutting down and being unreasonable on "compromising" when it's been their plan all along to force a government shutdown if they didn't get their way to either repeal, defund or modify the PPACA (Obamacare) as they saw fit.

Here's an article by MSNBC.com from July 25, 2013 reporting on Senate Republicans lead by Tea Party members Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz on their plan to shutdown the government. Of course, the crucial evidence was the letter they signed along with 9 of their Republicans colleagues threatening a government shutdown.

Here's an article by HuffPuff.com HuffPuff.com from August 2013 where Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney warned the GOP not to take this approach.

"I badly want Obamacare to go away, and stripping it of funds has appeal. But we need to exercise great care about any talk of shutting down government," Romney said in the first speech of its kind since his November election loss to Obama. "What would come next when soldiers aren't paid, when seniors fear for their Medicare and Social Security, and when the FBI is off duty?"

He continued: "I'm afraid that in the final analysis, Obamacare would get its funding, our party would suffer in the next elections, and the people of the nation would not be happy.

And here's the President cautioning Republicans against a government shutdown over Obamacare in one of his radio addresses also from August 17, 2013.

My point here is all the BS by Republicans claiming that Democrats refuse to negotiate with them when they've never wanted negotiations in the first place! All they've wanted was their way - end Obamacare or else. And once they didn't get what they wanted they started coming up with proposals they're now deeming as "compromised bills" to make it appear as though they've tried to "reach across the isle" to Democrats. Don't believe the hype!

The problem here is Republicans would have been in a much stronger position had they let the healthcare law go into affect and let it falter under its own weight. Instead, they've shown themselves as the party willing to risk everything just to get their way. Not a very smart move, IMO.

Last edited:
It's really funny how Republicans are now trying to label Democrats as "the party of no" when they've pretty much worked under this banner for the last 5 years. What's more interesting is how they're trying to blame Democrats for the government shutting down and being unreasonable on "compromising" when it's been their plan all along to force a government shutdown if they didn't get their way to either repeal, defund or modify the PPACA (Obamacare) as they saw fit.

Here's an article by MSNBC.com from July 25, 2013 reporting on Senate Republicans lead by Tea Party members Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz on their plan to shutdown the government. Of course, the crucial evidence was the letter they signed along with 9 of their Republicans colleagues threatening a government shutdown.

Here's an article by HuffPuff.com HuffPuff.com from August 2013 where Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney warned the GOP not to take this approach.

And here's the President cautioning Republicans against a government shutdown over Obamacare in one of his radio addresses also from August 17, 2013.

My point here is all the BS by Republicans claiming that Democrats refuse to negotiate with them when they've never wanted negotiations in the first place! All they've wanted was their way - end Obamacare or else. And once they didn't get what they wanted they started coming up with proposals they're now deeming as "compromised bills" to make it appear as though they've tried to "reach across the isle" to Democrats. Don't believe the hype!

The problem here is Republicans would have been in a much stronger position had they let the healthcare law go into affect and let it falter under its own weight. Instead, they've shown themselves as the party willing to risk everything just to get their way. Not a very smart move, IMO.

Both parties have been the parties of no. Neither party has governed a bit for the last five years preferring to play political shenanigans and games. Both Republicans and Democrats IMO has put their party fortune way above that of this country. For me it is a pox on both houses.

Back
Top Bottom