• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

wah wah Why won't Democrats compromise?

Granted, neither side has been acting like grown-ups. My point here, however, was to debunk the lie that Democrats have been unwilling to compromise when the truth is compromise isn't what Republicans seek, at least not where the health care reform law is concerned. This is why the President won't return to the negotiating table.

Just as Republicans wouldn't give on more tax revenue, the President isn't going to compromise on defunding or killing his signature legislation, not when it's evident that he nor his party would be the blame for the problems resulting from a government shutdown. I mean, it's been very clear that Republicans have been making this threat at least since July (or as early as January and again in March if you've paid close attention to politics).

Frankly, I don't think Democrats are resistant to modifying ObamaCare, I just don't think they'd do so under these threatening conditions and not when tied to a spending measure.

What? Oh, I get it, this is the welfare queen meme. Don't let me interrupt.

Yeah, well the ones crying about government being shut down are the ones that are total dependents of government. I would suggest you bitch about the government shutdown the most.

It's really funny how Republicans are now trying to label Democrats as "the party of no" when they've pretty much worked under this banner for the last 5 years. What's more interesting is how they're trying to blame Democrats for the government shutting down and being unreasonable on "compromising" when it's been their plan all along to force a government shutdown if they didn't get their way to either repeal, defund or modify the PPACA (Obamacare) as they saw fit.

Here's an article by MSNBC.com from July 25, 2013 reporting on Senate Republicans lead by Tea Party members Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz on their plan to shutdown the government. Of course, the crucial evidence was the letter they signed along with 9 of their Republicans colleagues threatening a government shutdown.

Here's an article by HuffPuff.com HuffPuff.com from August 2013 where Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney warned the GOP not to take this approach.

And here's the President cautioning Republicans against a government shutdown over Obamacare in one of his radio addresses also from August 17, 2013.

My point here is all the BS by Republicans claiming that Democrats refuse to negotiate with them when they've never wanted negotiations in the first place! All they've wanted was their way - end Obamacare or else. And once they didn't get what they wanted they started coming up with proposals they're now deeming as "compromised bills" to make it appear as though they've tried to "reach across the isle" to Democrats. Don't believe the hype!

The problem here is Republicans would have been in a much stronger position had they let the healthcare law go into affect and let it falter under its own weight. Instead, they've shown themselves as the party willing to risk everything just to get their way. Not a very smart move, IMO.

It's the Reverso-Meme. It's what conservatives do. They project their bad motives and bad conduct on Democrats and then say the Democrats are doing it. You can predict with almost complete accuracy what disingenuous activity the GOP is involved in, just by reviewing their allegations against liberals.

Yeah, well the ones crying about government being shut down are the ones that are total dependents of government. I would suggest you bitch about the government shutdown the most.

What? Is this a new variation on the Welfare Queen meme, mixed in with mindreading?

I love it!

You're missing the plan. Right now we are waiting for the Democrats to completely subvert the public trust at which point we will take control of the overlords government you have allowed and force you all to pull up your pants and get a job. The beauty of it is you will think it was your idea. I've said too much. I have to go now. I have a Hispanic woman cancer survivor candidate to brainwash.

You're missing the plan. Right now we are waiting for the Democrats to completely subvert the public trust at which point we will take control of the overlords government you have allowed and force you all to pull up your pants and get a job. The beauty of it is you will think it was your idea. I've said too much. I have to go now. I have a Hispanic woman cancer survivor candidate to brainwash.

Weirdly this sounds exactly like something a tea partier would say. You're under Poe's Law.

EDGAR ALLAN TEA PARTY - T H E   L  E  F  T  -  W  I  N  G    N  O  I  S  E    M  A  C  H  I  N  E

Weirdly this sounds exactly like something a tea partier would say. You're under Poe's Law.

EDGAR ALLAN TEA PARTY - T H E* *L *E* F* T *- *W* I *N* G* **N* O* I* S* E* **M* A* C* H* I* N* E

I just happened to see your post because I wasn't logged in yet. Otherwise you appear in the reduced space you deserve. But your reply is much as I would expect it to be. You always know a liberal is desperate when they puff up their chest, point and laugh. It means you know you are wrong but hope you can redirect and hope nobody notices how shallow and wrong you are. We are seeing the same thing in Congress right now. They make a point of stating that they are WINNING (Isn't that what Charley Sheen said?) Because otherwise their infantile followers wouldn't be able to tell. But we already know you are a petulant child living off your parents and your opinion only matters to you. Now go find something else to do boy, the adults are talking.

I guess you mean the 700,000 Govt. workers that are not allowed to go to work because of the Reps. Don't worry though, your T's in the House have voted to pay them for NOT working so they get vacations with pay and lots of overtime when they get back to catch up. It will cost us billions...isn't that great?

I guess you mean the 700,000 Govt. workers that are not allowed to go to work because of the Reps. Don't worry though, your T's in the House have voted to pay them for NOT working so they get vacations with pay and lots of overtime when they get back to catch up. It will cost us billions...isn't that great?

700,000 Govt. workers, cut that number in half and it's not a problem. Talk about a bloated government. But worse yet is how much Obmacare going to cost the taxpayer and the people buying high cost health insurance.

BTW, "Where's sense of crisis in a 17% government shutdown?"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/where...7-percent-government-shutdown/article/2536862

Last edited:
It's the Reverso-Meme. It's what conservatives do. They project their bad motives and bad conduct on Democrats and then say the Democrats are doing it. You can predict with almost complete accuracy what disingenuous activity the GOP is involved in, just by reviewing their allegations against liberals.

Obama says "I will not negotiate" the party of NO, led by Obama.

I just happened to see your post because I wasn't logged in yet. Otherwise you appear in the reduced space you deserve. But your reply is much as I would expect it to be. You always know a liberal is desperate when they puff up their chest, point and laugh. It means you know you are wrong but hope you can redirect and hope nobody notices how shallow and wrong you are. We are seeing the same thing in Congress right now. They make a point of stating that they are WINNING (Isn't that what Charley Sheen said?) Because otherwise their infantile followers wouldn't be able to tell. But we already know you are a petulant child living off your parents and your opinion only matters to you. Now go find something else to do boy, the adults are talking.

Like I say, I invoke Poe's Law. You can't spoof conservative ideas -- they're already too delusional to exaggerate.

Like I say, I invoke Poe's Law. You can't spoof conservative ideas -- they're already too delusional to exaggerate.

your posts seem to provide some cosmic balance then

700,000 Govt. workers, cut that number in half and it's not a problem. Talk about a bloated government. But worse yet is how much Obmacare going to cost the taxpayer and the people buying high cost health insurance.

BTW, "Where's sense of crisis in a 17% government shutdown?"

Where's sense of crisis in a 17% government shutdown? | WashingtonExaminer.com

I'd have to agree. The biggest problem for the shutdown as far as the government is concerned (because they will all get back pay when it is over) is that government waste is exposed. That's why Obama chose to shut down parks and monuments (which is not automatic, it didn't happen in all of the other shutdowns), he needs to make it visible. Otherwise we would be talking about how only 15 of the 90 White House butlers are working (what?) And the EPA which employs about 16000 people have furloughed 15000 of them because they are considered "nonessential". Why are there 15000 nonessential employees at the EPA and 90 butlers in the White House?

wah wah, why wont dems give us what we failed to get through the democratic process? wah wah why they just roll over every time we threaten to destroy the economy? wah wah wah.

here's advice for dealing with childish tantrums from pubs

"Parenting Advice for Democrats: How to Handle the Republican Temper Tantrum"

"Remain calm enough to handle the tantrum properly. Luckily for the Democrats, they have "No Drama Obama" leading the way. This matters a lot, because as WikiHow points out, throwing a tantrum in the face of a tantrum can only cause things to escalate."

How to handle the Republican tantrum: What advice do parenting guides have for Democrats?

just to throw your logic under the bus,there have been 18 shutdowns including the current since nixon,17 prior to the current,8 of them were started by democrats,and even occurred under a democrat president,aka carter,3 to date by republicans,and the other 7 started with democrats controlling the house and republicans cotrolling the senate.

seeing how democrats have by far been the ones to cry and stomp their feet when they didnt have their way,i dont think they claim the rite to feel like adults when their opposition does the same.

Back
Top Bottom