• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Wag the dog" appeared on this forum. Interestingly, that was Trump's entire POTUS

Sand Castle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Another OP displayed "Wag the dog" which means in politics, the act of creating a diversion from a damaging issue. I had not heard that term in years. I refreshed myself on the meaning, instantly I realized, the term wag the dog is applicable to every moment of trump's POTUS.

I guess, when you enter the Presidency coming from a background of bankruptcies, reality show clown, completely unprepared to lead the U.S., leading to the most chaotic POTUS in recent history, well, he had to "Wag the dog"

Another OP displayed "Wag the dog" which means in politics, the act of creating a diversion from a damaging issue. I had not heard that term in years. I refreshed myself on the meaning, instantly I realized, the term wag the dog is applicable to every moment of trump's POTUS.

I guess, when you enter the Presidency coming from a background of bankruptcies, reality show clown, completely unprepared to lead the U.S., leading to the most chaotic POTUS in recent history, well, he had to "Wag the dog"
Can you describe one situation in which Trump engaged in a wag the dog tactic?

btw, it just occurred to me that you might not know what "wag the dog" actually means. To remedy that possibility, here is the definition:

Last edited:

btw, it just occurred to me that you might not know what "wag the dog" actually means. To remedy that possibility, here is the definition:

From your own definition, Trump spent a large part of his presidency distracting attention away from scandals. It may not have been through military action, but never the less lots of distraction. He wanted to use military action, but was held back by the more stable leaders in government.

Trump has been, as we are calling it, 'Wagging The Dog' most of his life. It only got worse when he arrived at the WH. The proof is his followers. The most logical thing he ever said was that he 'loved the uneducated'. That sure turned out to be true. Just look at 1-6-2021.

From your own definition, Trump spent a large part of his presidency distracting attention away from scandals. It may not have been through military action, but never the less lots of distraction. He wanted to use military action, but was held back by the more stable leaders in government.

Trump has been, as we are calling it, 'Wagging The Dog' most of his life. It only got worse when he arrived at the WH. The proof is his followers. The most logical thing he ever said was that he 'loved the uneducated'. That sure turned out to be true. Just look at 1-6-2021.
???

When did Trump want to use military action? And who held him back?

In any case, what I saw was a lot of people trying to distract from Trump's presidency by creating false scandals.

Sorry, but if you are trying to support the OP's claims, you are doing a lousy job of it. Maybe you should just let him speak for himself, eh?

OK, and...did you miss a certain word that begins with "o" and ends with "n"? It's an adverb, if that helps.

OK, and...did you miss a certain word that begins with "o" and ends with "n"? It's an adverb, if that helps.
Are you trying to "wag the dog" on this thread?

No. I saw that word.

???

In any case, what I saw was a lot of people trying to distract from Trump's presidency by creating false scandals.

Sorry, but if you are trying to support the OP's claims, you are doing a lousy job of it. Maybe you should just let him speak for himself, eh?
I seem to remember a protest in DC where Trump was itching to send in the guard. It was refused by the secretary of defense. I also remembering him illegally using military choppers against the very same protesters. Believe me, if he could have gotten away with a large military presence during the protests, he would have done it.

I seem to remember a protest in DC where Trump was itching to send in the guard. It was refused by the secretary of defense. I also remembering him illegally using military choppers against the very same protesters. Believe me, if he could have gotten away with a large military presence during the protests, he would have done it.
I have no idea what you are "remembering". Maybe you should do some research so you have more to go on than your memory.

Get back to me if you find anything.

Until then, you are dismissed.

Oh...btw...your example doesn't meet the requirements of the wag the dog definition.

He bought the covid from the Russians, don't you know?

This whole thread seems to be the OP is upset they forgot a term to use on Trump. They saw it appropriately describing Biden and couldn’t help themselves from trying to make a Trump thread out of it To make up for a lost opportunity. Way to wag the dog to try and detract from Biden wagging the dog.

This whole thread seems to be the OP is upset they forgot a term to use on Trump. They saw it appropriately describing Biden and couldn’t help themselves from trying to make a Trump thread out of it To make up for a lost opportunity. Way to wag the dog to try and detract from Biden wagging the dog.
Biden started war between Putin and Ukraine?

and that's a mouth full.

I have no idea what you are "remembering". Maybe you should do some research so you have more to go on than your memory.

Oh...btw...your example doesn't meet the requirements of the wag the dog definition.
I could bring you 5 links to the protests in DC. You would find a way to spin them all in Trumps favor. I am not wasting my time.

I could bring you 5 links to the protests in DC. You would find a way to spin them all in Trumps favor. I am not wasting my time.
Did Trump cause the protests in DC by using military action?

If not, then that's not a wag the dog scenario.

You are dismissed.

Oh the irony

???

He wanted the military in the streets of America and then he wanted them to seize the voting machines. The military refused both times because they are patriots.

Trump demanded 10,000 active-duty troops deploy to streets in heated Oval Office meeting​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-...loy-to-streets-in-heated-oval-office-meeting/

It is more like an attempted coup which is closer to the truth.
No. It's not that, either.

Seriously...you need to look at definitions.

Sorry, it doesn't have to include military action. Nice try.

You even provided what I wrote above, notice in you link the word "often". Often has never meant 100%

It is more like an attempted coup which is closer to the truth.
The military thing is a deflection. Trump wag the dog continuously.

Kind went like scandal he created through his corruption and deceit for the rule of law and our Constitution.

Then trump would commit another corrupt act to divert from the original one.

In fact trump must have a sore ass from all his wagging

Distract why? Biden can wag the dog also. I'm not the one that singled out Biden while ignoring Trump wagging.

I mean let's call a wag a wag. Do you think trump is irrelevant now, and not open to political criticism.

Back
Top Bottom