• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Wag the dog" appeared on this forum. Interestingly, that was Trump's entire POTUS

I have no idea what you are "remembering". Maybe you should do some research so you have more to go on than your memory.

Get back to me if you find anything.

Until then, you are dismissed.

Oh...btw...your example doesn't meet the requirements of the wag the dog definition.
What do you think of the Biden wag the dog thread? Didn't see your scrunity there, oh yeah it's against Biden. Has the U.S. done any military action in Ukraine? And yet someone claims here he is wagging the dog.

Distract why? Biden can wag the dog also. I'm not the one that singled out Biden while ignoring Trump wagging.
Biden was singled out because he is the president currently doing it.
I mean let's call a wag a wag. Do you think trump is irrelevant now, and not open to political criticism.
Not in the least but come on man while Trump was doing it silence, once someone pointed out Biden was doing it boom the what about Trump thread pops up

Biden was singled out because he is the president currently doing it.

Not in the least but come on man while Trump was doing it silence, once someone pointed out Biden was doing it boom the what about Trump thread pops up
It's convenient that you can't prove your assertion.

Let me try to split the difference here on Trump. I believe that his pattern as candidate and POTUS was less wag the dog as a distraction, tho as some examples indicate, he was not above such things. That's the characteristic of the style style of a cynical leader. Trump had more of a fascist style, blaming problems on various versions of "the other." For example, the purpose of sending out outrageously false info on black on white homicides seems to have been to create fear, not to distract from whatever else was going on. And why else the throwaway line that there were "Middle Easterners in the caravan" of migrants?

Sorry, it doesn't have to include military action. Nice try.

You even provided what I wrote above, notice in you link the word "often". Often has never meant 100%
I didn't say it had to include military action.

But I did ask you to describe a situation in which Trump engaged in a wag the dog tactic. Can you come up with one?

What do you think of the Biden wag the dog thread? Didn't see your scrunity there, oh yeah it's against Biden. Has the U.S. done any military action in Ukraine? And yet someone claims here he is wagging the dog.
I don't think I even looked at any Biden wag the dog thread. Maybe you can refresh my memory with a link to the thread?

Back
Top Bottom