• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WA, Other West Coast States Form Pact Committing To Protect Abortion Access

In Canada, there are no laws for or against abortion. It is a medical procedure like all other medical procedures and is subject to ethics and patient safety rules as established by the medical community in conjunction with Health Canada. The thought that the government could restrict a woman's right to choose is anathema to most Canadians. We also have no thought that we need to carry or possess firearms to defend ourselves. Maybe that is why we don't have such incredible divisiveness. Our politics may be different, one from another, but are values and view of human liberties are fairly homogeneous.

I don't think that anyone that isn't a far right extremist doesn't get it.
The only person I've encountered that didn't get it was the far right winger I replied to.
We know that there are around 13 states with trigger laws to make abortion illegal. Other red states will quickly pass laws to make abortion illegal.
We know that while it may not be happening in our state, it is happening to women in other states and we want to help them if we can't put a stop to the oppression so they can have their rights back.
It's called empathy and compassion.
We also know this is a golden opportunity to vote out a lot of republicans.
Think 2018. Women were very upset with trump and him trying to take away our rights. We started protesting it as soon as he was sworn into office. That nation wide protest turned into a movement. That turned into republicans losing control of the House and losing seats in the Senate.
What do you think those same women are going to do now that our worst fears have been realized?
If 2022 doesn't make the blue wave of 2018 look like nothing, I'll be very surprised.
We women have been networking. We have been organizing.
And we are the majority in the nation.
Blame, blame, blame. If you need to blame someone, blame the founding fathers and those who wrote our Constitution.
Nowhere does the Constitution assert a woman's right to abort her baby. It's simply not there, regardless how vehemently some women feel about it.

And your "fight" has ZERO to do with "empathy and compassion." ZERO, despite how much you want to believe that's what you're being.
If you truly were empathetic and compassionate, you wouldn't twist and distort the truth to make your ideology more palatable - like calling what would, if left to 'science' and nature become what your ideology oppressively prohibits you from uttering: "BABY."

"Empathy and compassion" my dairy-aire. 12 lines in your post, 1 devoted to that, the rest devoted to threats and fear mongering - which your oppressive ideology absolutely celebrates.

Blame, blame, blame. If you need to blame someone, blame the founding fathers and those who wrote our Constitution.
Nowhere does the Constitution assert a woman's right to abort her baby. It's simply not there, regardless how vehemently some women feel about it.

And your "fight" has ZERO to do with "empathy and compassion." ZERO, despite how much you want to believe that's what you're being.
If you truly were empathetic and compassionate, you wouldn't twist and distort the truth to make your ideology more palatable - like calling what would, if left to 'science' and nature become what your ideology oppressively prohibits you from uttering: "BABY."

"Empathy and compassion" my dairy-aire. 12 lines in your post, 1 devoted to that, the rest devoted to threats and fear mongering - which your oppressive ideology absolutely celebrates.

Nowhere in the constitution is there parents right to send their children to religious schools or to us birth control...

1. No “babies” are aborted.

2. The good fortune of those residents of CA, OR, and WA does not offset the injury done to many, many more Americans living in regressive, dystopian, Republican run states.
They're HUMAN. Whether you call it a fetus, or "tissue" or whatever other seemingly palatable descriptor you choose instead, it's human. It's not inert, it's not of some other species like dog or dolphin, it's human.

You can say an infant isn't an adult, but you can't say it isn't human. But "baby" is what it is from conception to fetus to its departure from the womb, and then for some time thereafter.

No amount of selective language butchery to support conveniently killing it can change that fact.

No abortion legislation is going to pass through Congress and get a President's signature for a long time. You are going to have to get a veto proof super-majority if there is a party split , or alternately a filibuster proof supermajority to get it through the Senate. Congress is virtually useless as an institution for change.
2025 is a possibility. Republicans can end the filibuster for it if they get a majority, which only needs one more seat.

2025 is a possibility. Republicans can end the filibuster for it if they get a majority, which only needs one more seat.
I don't think the GOP could mount a simple majority in the House or Senate on this issue. 70 % of Americans want women to have choice. The level of support will be even stronger three years from now .

I don't think the GOP could mount a simple majority in the House or Senate on this issue. 70 % of Americans want women to have choice. The level of support will be even stronger three years from now .
I'm not sure if you're saying they can't get a majority, or if a majority won't support it, but either way it looks entirely possible they could. Remember how much they're making it not matter what voters want, how they have more and more minority rule. How they've been blocking gun measures with 90% public support for a long time.

I think , given the gun anology , you are right they could likely could get it through the House. However, I can't imagine them getting 50 votes in the Senate.

All three west coast states have come together to make sure reproductive freedom and body autonomy for women will never be infringed in our states.

We are working to expand access to health care for women and will NEVER help any law enforcement agency from another state persecute one of their citizens for coming here for the health care they need.

I will add that governor Inslee is now working for an amendment to our state constitution that will forever protect women's rights, reproductive freedom and body autonomy. Since the issue of abortion has been on the ballot 3 times for the people of Washington and every time we voted for choice, I'm am pretty sure that the people will vote for that amendment.

Our governor is doing what all politicians should be doing, working to protect not destroy women's rights.

Good now wall off California, Oregon and Washington from the rest of the country

They're HUMAN. Whether you call it a fetus, or "tissue" or whatever other seemingly palatable descriptor you choose instead, it's human. It's not inert, it's not of some other species like dog or dolphin, it's human.

You can say an infant isn't an adult, but you can't say it isn't human. But "baby" is what it is from conception to fetus to its departure from the womb, and then for some time thereafter.

No amount of selective language butchery to support conveniently killing it can change that fact.
The hysterical “selective language butchery” is all yours. 100%.

Objectively, legally, and by definition of the word, babies are born people.

Just as no amount of selective language butchery can change the fact that using the force of the law to force a woman to bear a child against her will is slavery.

Threats to ignore and defy the court mean you will be breaking the law. Not surprising since democrats rarely want to enforce the law.
Tell me you didn't actually read the SCOTUS decision without saying you didn't read the SCOTUS decision ⬆️⬆️⬆️
And they let you GET AWAY with that nonsense in every other corner of your life.

Just as no amount of selective language butchery can change the fact that using the force of the law to force a woman to bear a child against her will is slavery.
The definition of a being that has no control over their reproductive life is

LIVESTOCK

Tell me you didn't actually read the SCOTUS decision without saying you didn't read the SCOTUS decision ⬆️⬆️⬆️
And they let you GET AWAY with that nonsense in every other corner of your life.

It's the same people who never watch the Jan 6th hearings but seem to think they are qualified to debate about the hearings.

As with the person you replied to, they only show how very uninformed they want to be.

Back
Top Bottom