• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WA, Other West Coast States Form Pact Committing To Protect Abortion Access

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
All three west coast states have come together to make sure reproductive freedom and body autonomy for women will never be infringed in our states.

We are working to expand access to health care for women and will NEVER help any law enforcement agency from another state persecute one of their citizens for coming here for the health care they need.

I will add that governor Inslee is now working for an amendment to our state constitution that will forever protect women's rights, reproductive freedom and body autonomy. Since the issue of abortion has been on the ballot 3 times for the people of Washington and every time we voted for choice, I'm am pretty sure that the people will vote for that amendment.

Our governor is doing what all politicians should be doing, working to protect not destroy women's rights.

See? The creative juices are already flowing for how to legally and constitutionally continue to abort babies with utter impunity (something for which you can thank the SCOTUS).

All three west coast states have come together to make sure reproductive freedom and body autonomy for women will never be infringed in our states.

We are working to expand access to health care for women and will NEVER help any law enforcement agency from another state persecute one of their citizens for coming here for the health care they need.

I will add that governor Inslee is now working for an amendment to our state constitution that will forever protect women's rights, reproductive freedom and body autonomy. Since the issue of abortion has been on the ballot 3 times for the people of Washington and every time we voted for choice, I'm am pretty sure that the people will vote for that amendment.

Our governor is doing what all politicians should be doing, working to protect not destroy women's rights.

Threats to ignore and defy the court mean you will be breaking the law. Not surprising since democrats rarely want to enforce the law.

Threats to ignore and defy the court mean you will be breaking the law. Not surprising since democrats rarely want to enforce the law.

The court struck down Roe. That means the states get to choose.

The three west coast states aren't defying any court in this nation.

We have the right to keep reproductive freedom and body autonomy.

Just like the red state now have the right to take those rights from women.

You might want to learn about the court decision and what it actually does.

One thing it doesn't do, it doesn't make choice illegal in any state.

The court struck down Roe. That means the states get to choose.

The three west coast states aren't defying any court in this nation.

We have the right to keep reproductive freedom and body autonomy.

Just like the red state now have the right to take those rights from women.

You might want to learn about the court decision and what it actually does.

One thing it doesn't do, it doesn't make choice illegal in any state.
Well, kudos. At least someone here on the left gets it.

How does this break the law?

Women and men considering abortion often ask whether the baby feels pain during the abortion procedure. The age at which a fetus begins to feel pain is debated by scientists. Unborn babies recoil away from stimulation during the abortion procedure, which demonstrates that the nervous system is experiencing a physiological stress response. Some states have laws designed to protect unborn babies from abortion past a certain stage because of evidence of fetal pain.

Depending on how far along your pregnancy is will determine if you have vacuum aspiration, dilation and curettage, or dilation and evacuation. Each procedure involves injections, dilation and a suction device.

On January 22, 2019, New York State, which previously had a 24-week limit in effect, lifted that limit and affirmed what amounts to elective abortion until birth. A 2014 study by the Charlotte Lozier Institute found that the United States is one of just seven nations in the world – including North Korea and the People’s Republic of China – to allow elective abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Second trimester, at this point in pregnancy, the fetus’s body is too large to be broken up by suction and will not pass through the suction tubing. The cervix (the opening to the uterus) must be more dilated (opened) than in a first-trimester abortion. This is usually accomplished by inserting laminaria (a porous material which expands with moisture in order to open and soften the cervix) a day or two before the abortion. The physician then dilates the cervix and dismembers the body and crushes the skull to facilitate removal.

Well, kudos. At least someone here on the left gets it.

I don't think that anyone that isn't a far right extremist doesn't get it.

The only person I've encountered that didn't get it was the far right winger I replied to.

We know that there are around 13 states with trigger laws to make abortion illegal. Other red states will quickly pass laws to make abortion illegal.

We know that while it may not be happening in our state, it is happening to women in other states and we want to help them if we can't put a stop to the oppression so they can have their rights back.

It's called empathy and compassion.

We also know this is a golden opportunity to vote out a lot of republicans.

Think 2018. Women were very upset with trump and him trying to take away our rights. We started protesting it as soon as he was sworn into office. That nation wide protest turned into a movement. That turned into republicans losing control of the House and losing seats in the Senate.

What do you think those same women are going to do now that our worst fears have been realized?

If 2022 doesn't make the blue wave of 2018 look like nothing, I'll be very surprised.

We women have been networking. We have been organizing.

And we are the majority in the nation.

Abortion rights in the state constitution only prevent state law from removing them. If a federal law was passed against abortion, it would override state constitutions and state laws.

^^ feels like someone grabbed his *****

We women have been networking. We have been organizing.

I know. It puts a big smile on my face and restores my faith in humanity.
Every group of pro-lifers that I have seen on television these past 2 days, celebrating the (partial) end of the barbaric practice of killing future children have been mostly women. Organized women who respect life is a wonderful thing.

It's called empathy and compassion.
You speak with forked tongue. You talk about empathy and compassion but have just the opposite when you kill future children.

2F8D5C38-296F-4F64-9E40-EB13B171DDBD.gif

See? The creative juices are already flowing for how to legally and constitutionally continue to abort babies with utter impunity (something for which you can thank the SCOTUS).
1. No “babies” are aborted.

2. The good fortune of those residents of CA, OR, and WA does not offset the injury done to many, many more Americans living in regressive, dystopian, Republican run states.

Clapping because we love killing future children. Wow!
Do you have tailgate parties at abortion clinics before they open their doors to celebrate the future carnage of the day?
No such thing as “future children”.

Get a clue, and try to post honestly.

Abortion rights in the state constitution only prevent state law from removing them. If a federal law was passed against abortion, it would override state constitutions and state laws.
Tell that to Colorado. I suddenly feel a lot better about living this close to the border.

What does Colorado have to do with my post?
Colorado legalized marijuana in open defiance of Federal law and stood their ground when the Trump Administration threatened them over it.

Colorado was also the first state to democratically legalize abortion before the Supreme Court legalized it for everybody.

Just confirms the dictum - where there is a will there is a way

Colorado legalized marijuana in open defiance of Federal law and stood their ground when the Trump Administration threatened them over it.

Colorado was also the first state to democratically legalize abortion before the Supreme Court legalized it for everybody.
Doesn't change what I said.

Marijuana is a complicated issue for how the federal and state authorities are dealing with it.

The first state to legalize medical marijuana through the ballot box was California in 1997.

Washington state followed California to legalize medical marijuana through ballot box in 1998.

Washington state TIED with Colorado to be the first state to legalize recreational marijuana by the ballot box in 2012.

Colorado wasn't the only first state to legalize recreational marijuana. They are tied with us.

We also stood up to the federal government when they tried to intimidate us.

We will stand up to the federal government if they try to take reproductive freedom and body autonomy from us.

And we will never back down.

We legalized abortion by the ballot box in 1968. Before Roe V. Wade.

No abortion legislation is going to pass through Congress and get a President's signature for a long time. You are going to have to get a veto proof super-majority if there is a party split , or alternately a filibuster proof supermajority to get it through the Senate. Congress is virtually useless as an institution for change.

I believe many New England States will do the same. The Religious Taliban has control of the SC. I warned you all years ago, this is there goal. Gay marriage is next to loose protection.

Back
Top Bottom