• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

['W: 998][W:371]Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Empire' star Jussie Smollett attacked in possible hate crime

Why should anyone have to hide who they are.

Seems simply un-American.
It's not hiding,it's staying healthy. One should not have to go out and about and worry about getting bushwhacked.

I'm going to withhold my final opinion till the police have a chance to more thoroughly investigate. Early on you hear differencing reports some may be accurate some not. There are a few things that I have heard but I don't know if they are accurate or not.

1. Jussie Somllett said he has been being stalked. It seems odd to be alone at 3:00AM if you are being stalked.
2. Jussie said his attackers screamed "this is MAGA country" but Somllett apparently failed to mention that pretty important detail in his first police interview.
3. The press is identifying his attackers as two white guys but Somllett said their faces were concealed and didn't know their race.
4. The attack happened somewhere on a Chicago street but Somllett called the police from his apartment. Somllett had still had the rope around his neck? WTF? I get that off as soon as possible.
5. The police have searched videos from buisnesses private residences and buses and have not found and video that would identify suspects or help verify his story yet.

Hopefully some of these things are just the usual reporter errors and will be updated or corrected.

Somllett is going to have a concert. He said the concert would still go on. This can't have hurt ticket sales.

I've said this in other forums and I'll say it here...It makes sense to stay in the closet.
This is a good example in coming out and receiving mental and physical backlashes as a result. If you stay in,no harm will come. If you decided to come out you are asking for it.
No matter rich or poor...stay safe,stay in.

Shame on you............ You are asking for it?

Shame on you............ You are asking for it?

Not really.
It's not difficult in staying safe and out of trouble. So why ask for it ?

miami.jpg

It's not hiding,it's staying healthy. One should not have to go out and about and worry about getting bushwhacked.

No one should need to be worried that they might get bushwacked simply because of their color or sexual orinetation. If some dude gets off on looking at another man's hairy ass and thinks 'yum', it's none of my damn business. No matter how personally revolting the idea is to me.

We need to stick up for the weak, mild, timid and those who cannot otherwise stick up for themselves. That's what makes our country great.

Do you want the man's ****ing hospital records? The evidence that you and people like you conveniently ignore when crimes against women and other minorities occur is, in this case, Smollett saying that it happened. He reported it to the police. He received medical attention for it. To believe that a famous man with everything to lose would make up a story about a hate crime as grotesque as the one he described is willful denial for disgusting reasons and nothing more.

The AP is reporting the Chicago PD have reviet thousands of hours of video and have found nothing that supports his story
https://apnews.com/499db3d5b9e84053aff9f391fe7f514a

Which is odd considering that Chicago, with it's 30,000 cameras is one of the most surveilled Cities in the Nation
.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/us/chicago-police-surveillance.amp.html

Smollett said his attackers yelled "MAGA country" during the assault.

Trump country is not a great country

Why are you talking about Trump at all? I haven't mentioned him once. I realize there was the thing about MAGA, but I frankly don't know from where that came and I believe it has already been rescinded.

I don't care who assaulted Smollett. Hell, it could be a couple of gay, black men. Whoever did it needs to be condemned and if adjudicated guilty, imprisoned. The attack is bad enough, but if it was in fact a hate crime, then all good people need to be afraid of what that means for our society as a whole. Why is that so impossible for you to acknowledge?
No but you certainly "LIKED" Calmity's post and She brought it into the thread. As a matter of fact you are the only poster that "LIKED" her post. So don't ry to act innocent. :lol:

No one should need to be worried that they might get bushwacked simply because of their color or sexual orinetation. If some dude gets off on looking at another man's hairy ass and thinks 'yum', it's none of my damn business. No matter how personally revolting the idea is to me.

We need to stick up for the weak, mild, timid and those who cannot otherwise stick up for themselves. That's what makes our country great.

Well they need to make the first step by sticking up for themselves. Smollett and folks like him knows what's out there waiting for them and they should be prepared.

The AP is reporting the Chicago PD have reviet thousands of hours of video and have found nothing that supports his story

Which is odd considering that Chicago, with it's 30,000 cameras is one of the most surveilled Cities in the Nation
.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/us/chicago-police-surveillance.amp.html

I'd suggest that the failure of the police to find video of possible attackers is merely proof of a Trump/Russia coverup of the crime but some people might take that the wrong way so I won't suggest it.

[
Do you want the man's ****ing hospital records? The evidence that you and people like you conveniently ignore when crimes against women and other minorities occur is, in this case, Smollett saying that it happened. He reported it to the police. He received medical attention for it. To believe that a famous man with everything to lose would make up a story about a hate crime as grotesque as the one he described is willful denial for disgusting reasons and nothing more.
And Michael Flynn had no reason to lie and risk jail ..... but he did.

It is interesting that this one case of assault seems so much more important to you than the 500+ murders which occur in Chicago every year.

And Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and Kamala Harris and (insert every other black politician and Hollywood elite who never before tweeted about all the black on black homicides in Chicago).

Smollett has an escape plan if nothing is found to corroborate his story- he didn't give the exact location of the assault and so there *could* be blind spots in the areas he traversed that morning.

Where did all our liberal friends go?

I thought it was very important to have this discussion?

Please come back so we can talk about this more.

What I find odd is that there are no pictures of Jussie since the attack, and no video of it has been released. Funny, how you forgot to mention that the police are expanding their search. If they thought it was BS, why would they expand the search?

Where did all our liberal friends go?

I thought it was very important to have this discussion?

Please come back so we can talk about this more.
Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Sort of like Dr. Ford's story. :roll:

We may never know since the White House had so hamstrung the scope of the FBI's investigation and GOP majority certainly had no interest in following up on it.

[
And Michael Flynn had no reason to lie and risk jail ..... but he did.

Eventually we are going to find out why he did.

It takes a special kind of person to call the victim's own words and the responding police department's response "zero evidence". It's the same kind of person who calls female victims of sexual assault liars. The entire world is expressing support and well wishes for Smollett - except for DP posters.

Tell us more.

You have such good instincts for these things and a wonderful insight, it would help us all if you didn't run off so quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom